Burfict Return Expected Late November ??

gregcook68

Late November is the writer talking out of his butt. He doesn't know anything.

A football writer talking out of his butt????? I've never heard of such a thing! These people are experts!

Sounds like Burfict is moving around good though, jumping over tackling dummies, and things like that.

I have to wonder if they are just not rushing him back, because they don't feel the need too? With Vinny Rey back at practice, I'm guessing they will ease him back. If Rey was still injured, I'm thinking he might be out on the practice field today. I could be wrong just what I was thinking.

The team still has time to decide and probably just want as much time as possible when the clock start ticking.

If they don't feel they need to add him back at the moment, I suggest they go back to the tape and watch the linebackers.

Burfict and what he is capable of bringing to the field is certainly needed and if he's in the shape he's claiming the defense gets better.

Per the Enquirer, Burfict coming back today:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/29/vontaze-burfict-return-bengals-practice-today/74793164/

The Enquirer has confirmed that Pro Bowl linebacker Vontaze Burfict will return to practice for the Cincinnati Bengals Thursday afternoon. He received medical clearance to resume activities from his surgeon, Dr. Neal ElAttrache, during a trip to California earlier in the week.

The 21-day “clock” on making a decision on Burfict now begins for the team. Burfict can work out under a roster exemption, but in order to activate him to the 53-man roster the team will have to make a corresponding roster move by releasing a player.

I am 100% sure Burfict is chomping at the bit to get back on the field, especially with the Steelers on deck. It'll be a question of how the knee responds to practice. But if they are turning him on now, I have to think they have confidence he will be able to go soon. My guess is it's 80/20 against for Sunday, 50/50 for next Thursday, and 100% vs. the Texans.

I'm more concerned about his repeated concussions from his lack of technique and/or out-of-control style at times, than his knee. While we don't get that kind of insight from the media, I hope the coaching staff is or has been working with him to stop leading with his helmet, and control his emotions etc.., Who knows if that's part of the plan or not. I'd bench him every time he does that until he gets it if nothing else (and that includes ankle-twisting and other stupid crap - love the guy as a player but his professionalism is questionable at best).

I also can't imagine they'll cut any LB's (i.e. Hawk) on or before Sunday if they activate him - too early for that - there has to be someone else they can de-activate at another position they've been activating every week until now.

Giving him AJ Hawk's snaps seems possible, I'd say Lap is right with the 50/50 call at this point. We'll know more after tomorrow I suppose.

Post Thursday practice quote:

Certainly Guenther’s enthusiasm can’t be quelled.

“He looked real good. His movement skills were excellent. It looks like he’s never missed any time,” Guenther said. “He obviously understands the defense. He’s just got to get back into football shape. He moved around real good. We’re real encouraged with what we saw.