Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the local (Chicago) espn station on the drive home tonight and they had the Cryptkeeper on talking playoffs. He not only said there was zero chance of Green, but that Gresham is very questionable and that they really don't know if he will be able to play Sunday. This has got to be a nightmare for Dalton...he's got no one to throw to at all.

This is going to sound off the all crazy as hell but you know what, everybody around the world except some of us Bengal fans think we have no chance in hell to win. Esp with Green and Dane out. So, I say we confuse the shit out of Indy. Put Gio at wide out and Hill at RB! Now here is the crazy part, send in Adam Jones in to play wide out and let him play some iron man football.

On the other hand, we have Sanu who can carry the load for us. He's done it before. I hate this but Tate gets lucky every now and then and catches a ball!

They have won without Green before, I think Gresham out really hurts the running game though

I worry more about these WR getting open, then dropping passes. Last game Colts knew without Green the Bengals had no downfield threat, so they pretty much took everything away, and guys couldn't get open.

The defense played pretty well in the last game they will need another big game to win

They can not afford turnovers especially early turnovers, with Dalton only having 1 TD in 3 playoff games that might not do his confidence any good.

This is now there 4th playoff appearance in 4 years, if not now then when? Just worries me if they can't win on Sunday where this team will be. So just win please, do whatever it takes!

Look at it from this perspective. As Sunday rolls closer, the news gets worse and the odds against them are piling up. Last but not least, there's a 46 year franchise record staring them in the face of never having won an 'away' playoff game!

What about against all odds? Maybe, just maybe, they will blow us, the media, and the talking heads away, by pulling the ultimate underdog triumph!

What do you think the odds were of them going on the road, after the Browns game, and winning those 3 away games.

We all agree that the bigger the odds against them, the more they seem to rise to the occasion.

I hope you're right bg71. Backs to the wall...fight like hell.

If there was ever a time for Geno Atkins to rediscover his form, this is it.

If the Buckeyes can do it, with a third string QB, why NOT the Bengals??

OSU has been living with that monkey on their back, not being able to play with the big teams and conferences, for decades!

Wouldn't that be sweet! Both teams overcome all odds within 4 days of one another!!!

WHO DEY!

OSU has been living with that monkey on their back, not being able to play with the big teams and conferences, for decades!

Wouldn't that be sweet! Both teams overcome all odds within 4 days of one another!!!

WHO DEY!

Because that is college and this is the NFL. :)

But thank goodness the Buckeyes have had an amazing season and they are fun as hell to watch. And football life could be worse because our Bengals' are in the playoffs again as well.

To put things in perspective, I wasn't old enough to drink the last time the Bengals' won a playoff game, I am now less than 5 years away from a colonoscopy and prostate exams.

This shit has to happen folks, sooner or later, because I'm gettin' old.

When the Bengals' win a playoff game, my avatar picture goes away (after I think 10 years on here or something like that).

If they win or go to the SuperBowl, the Shula moniker goes away as well.

For the love of God win one stupid game.

If AJ Green is unable to go we still have Sanu, Tate, Little, Hamilton .... that gives us at least some wide options if needed. But remember, lately the Bengals have been running the ball and running the ball well ... Hill should get plenty of touches and Gio gives a different running dimension or a short yardage passing option.

It's not the ideal situation but it's not all doom and gloom either as it won't detract hugely from the game plan = run the ball !

If we run the ball and control the clock we at least keep Indy's O off the field and limit their scoring potential.... that may be enough the keep us in the game. Need to hang tough here and maybe we can just squeeze by them into the next round where hopefully we'll have a healthier roster selection.

Step up where ya need to boys - and that includes us fans ! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOODEY !!!!

WHO DEY!

Because that is college and this is the NFL. :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

But thank goodness the Buckeyes have had an amazing season and they are fun as hell to watch. And football life could be worse because our Bengals' are in the playoffs again as well.

To put things in perspective, I wasn't old enough to drink the last time the Bengals' won a playoff game, I am now less than 5 years away from a colonoscopy and prostate exams.

This shit has to happen folks, sooner or later, because I'm gettin' old.

When the Bengals' win a playoff game, my avatar picture goes away (after I think 10 years on here or something like that).

If they win or go to the SuperBowl, the Shula moniker goes away as well.

For the love of God win one stupid game.

The mental part of this game is the same regardless of the level of football Shula. I was 15 when the Bengals came to town. Dad and I converted from Browns to Bengals fans. I've been through the good, bad, and the ugly!

I've already had doctors probing things up my hind end for several years now!

If they NEVER win another playoff game, let alone a SB, it will not change or affect my life whatsoever!

My grandfather had a saying about certain people when I was a kid. He would say, "He's one of those guys who isn't happy, unless he's complaining!"

As a kid, this made absolutely no sense!

As I grew up and started to see and understand about the glass half empty or half full, I started to see exactly what he meant.

People say, "Well what I'm complaining about, in regards to the Bengals, is the truth and I'm just being real!"

I don't argue with that. I could wake up everyday, and speak nothing but negative truths about things going on around me all day long, but I choose not to.

I prefer to cash in on the peace and joy and not become one of those people my grandpa used to refer to.

It is what it is, and I'm hoping and feeling like we might see the second Ohio milestone met Sunday afternoon, and if we dont', it was nice to see them be one of the 12 teams to have a 'chance' to win the SB, especially with all that went on this year!

WHO DEY!!! :bengal:/>

Figured that, oh well what are you going to do. Colts will now play 9 guys in the box, and dare Dalton to beat them.

Expect a lot of tackle eligible plays. If Hill can get going early, that will be a good sign.

It's not as if the o-line wasn't pumped enough. Now they KNOW they will be key to winning.

Figured that, oh well what are you going to do. Colts will now play 9 guys in the box, and dare Dalton to beat them.

Expect a lot of tackle eligible plays. If Hill can get going early, that will be a good sign.

It's not as if the o-line wasn't pumped enough. Now they KNOW they will be key to winning.

Knowing Green was a ? any chance they worked Gio in the slot this week? Why not try and use Sanu like Green? I don't see how they have a choice NOT to try it.

I think most of this game is on the defense they need to come up with a great game, and better find a way to get pressure on Luck.

With the DBs that are here I really think if the bengals could have gotten pressures and sacks they would have been a top 10 defense.

Always seemed when the defense was great the sucked in the playoffs, maybe now because they are not great they will have a good game

Something tells me the Bengals get the win tomorrow. And it won't be on Dalton. It will be the D, special teams, and the running game. Classic keep-away and good defense. Can we just get a modicum of pressure on Luck... Please?

Something tells me the Bengals get the win tomorrow. And it won't be on Dalton. It will be the D, special teams, and the running game. Classic keep-away and good defense. Can we just get a modicum of pressure on Luck... Please?

The defense will have to play the game of their lives like they did vs Denver for 3 quarters.

I don't think they have a realistic chance. Receiving corp being so decimated means colts can commit whole team to stopping hill and gio.

For us to have a chance, cannot get behind and need a huge play and probably a score from the defense or special teams.