Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

cincyhokie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all the injuries and now the illnesses, it is amazing they made it to the playoffs at all

happy to play an Indy team that hasnt been nearly as good of late as they were earlier in the season

I am very happy with this defense even with Hall and Atkins just shells of what they were last year and Burfict out entirely

I know we're in the playoffs, but I am a longtime Bengals fan and ergo my thoughts naturally turn to the draft this time of year -- Need a pass rushing DE (preferable) or DT (almost as good) in draft r1, r2 needs to be a starting quality WR

All in all it was a frustrating game but it went like I think most of us expected it to go. The Steelers are a matchup problem all over the place on both sides of the ball and it showed in both games. It's unfortunate because they were driving before that Green fumble, but whatever.

When you've lost three wild card games in a row it doesn't really matter where you play the fourth one.

Can't say as i'm real thrilled with the outcome of the game, but can't find a reason to be all irritated either.

-I hate that there was absolutely ZERO pass rush for the whole game. What is that about ?? Give Ben time ?? Yeah, not a good plan.

-Dalton and those high throws. Good God.

-Green really needs to work on ball security. This isn't something new for him.

I've never coached football, so can someone with more knowledge please explain to me what constitutes a defensless receiver, when you can go helmet to helmet (that's permissable?), and why a blow to the head with your shoulder is legal ?? I'm all about a bang bang play and understand that sometimes guys just can't let up when moving that fast. Sometimes a guy just does something you wouldn't expect them to and an injury occurs. However, that blow to AJ's head looked all sorts of wrong.

Not offering an excuse, because they got beat plain and simple, but that didn't look on the up and up. It left me wondering if they weren't attempting to get back for the hit Nelson put on Bell. I didn't like that hit either for what it's worth, but I understand why that happens more now.

Can't say as i'm real thrilled with the outcome of the game, but can't find a reason to be all irritated either.

-I hate that there was absolutely ZERO pass rush for the whole game. What is that about ?? Give Ben time ?? Yeah, not a good plan.

-Dalton and those high throws. Good God.

-Green really needs to work on ball security. This isn't something new for him.

I've never coached football, so can someone with more knowledge please explain to me what constitutes a defensless receiver, when you can go helmet to helmet (that's permissable?), and why a blow to the head with your shoulder is legal ?? I'm all about a bang bang play and understand that sometimes guys just can't let up when moving that fast. Sometimes a guy just does something you wouldn't expect them to and an injury occurs. However, that blow to AJ's head looked all sorts of wrong.

Not offering an excuse, because they got beat plain and simple, but that didn't look on the up and up. It left me wondering if they weren't attempting to get back for the hit Nelson put on Bell. I didn't like that hit either for what it's worth, but I understand why that happens more now.

I'm with you Army on the defenseless receiver rule and the end zone rule as well.

You can pancake a receiver the minute he touches the ball, but after he catches it, he gets a certain amount of steps and position (defenseless receiver) before he can be hit???? Those two rules are totally contradictory and make absolutely no sense.

Just like you can be running towards the end zone, and the second you break the plane of the goal line, with ball in hand, it's a TD, EVEN if a defender were to slap the ball loose immediately after it breaks the plane.

On the other hand, a receiver can catch a ball, in the end zone, with complete control, take two or three steps, with complete control, fall down or get tackled, and lose the ball, AFTER he falls, and it's ruled as an incomplete pass because he didn't 'maintain' control to the ground! WHAT????????

with all the injuries and now the illnesses, it is amazing they made it to the playoffs at all

happy to play an Indy team that hasnt been nearly as good of late as they were earlier in the season

I am very happy with this defense even with Hall and Atkins just shells of what they were last year and Burfict out entirely

I know we're in the playoffs, but I am a longtime Bengals fan and ergo my thoughts naturally turn to the draft this time of year -- Need a pass rushing DE (preferable) or DT (almost as good) in draft r1, r2 needs to be a starting quality WR

OT round 1 pass rush round 2, Jones will be back next year no need for a WO for me. LB or QB round 3.

Since we are putting the Steelers game in the rearview and moving into a draft conversation, i'm curious how the comp picks are going to work for us?

I'm hoping for at least an additional 3rd and another 4th or 5th rounder, but I could be off.

LT, DE, LB, DT with our picks in thr first few rounds.

TE, WR are also in the mix depending on who is there when we go on the clock.

Obviously free agency is going to come into play at the mid level range.