Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Calling the Sanu fumble an interception is absolute nonsense. I hope that gets fixed.

Dalton made two truly bad plays today by my measure:

- The missed TD throw to Greg Little

- The big fumble

The fumble was a serious fuck up, but he turned around and made a manly ass throw to Sanu after stepping up in the pocket to get them back in position to win.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the Bengals' were able to overcome Dalton-itis today.

Yeah he really sucked today:

21/28 266 yards 2 rushing TDs 1 fumble 1 very questionable pick

Not to mention the winning drive and TD. We won't even mention the 2 critical 3rd down completions he made and lost because Chubs was holding.

Flacco 17/34. 195 yards. 2 horrific picks

Absolutely nothing you said changes what I did. They overcame Dalton's missed opp's, poor throws and mistakes, to win, and he stepped-up in the last drive. Game should've never been that close. Dalton left two TD's on the field by missing wide open WR's in the end zone, and gave up another one with his "Dalton moment" with the left-hand fumble instead of recognizing things sooner. Even Sanu's big catch and run was a one-handed circus grab that sailed over his head towards a defender.

Bengals won today and are 2-0 in the division while sitting in first place.

How many people had them only losing 2 games through the first 7 ??

Bottom line for me is that this sets them up nicely moving forward.

Beat the Jags and Browns and the Bengals are 6-2-1.

Best part ?? Hopefully Eifert and Green are back soon.

Dalton had some mistakes, but didn't he again do exactly what people say he can't do?

He led an 80 yard drive for the win at the end of the game against one of the best defenses in the league.

Oh, he had to get some help on a pass to Sanu ?? Really ?? All the other QB's must catch their own passes.

Ravens ?? Bunch of sour grapes.

I've heard they though Dalton's forward progress was stopped and that the pass interference call at the end was bogus.

It just so happens that while both calls help me and my Bengals, BOTH calls were absolutely correct.

F*CK YOU RAVENS !!!

Dalton had some mistakes, but didn't he again do exactly what people say he can't do?

He led an 80 yard drive for the win at the end of the game against one of the best defenses in the league.

Oh, he had to get some help on a pass to Sanu ?? Really ?? All the other QB's must catch their own passes.

I've heard they though Dalton's forward progress was stopped and that the pass interference call at the end was bogus.

It just so happens that while both calls help me and my Bengals, BOTH calls were absolutely correct.

F*CK YOU RAVENS !!!

You know what won this game?

Metal Off.

Fucking Metal Off.

F*CK YOU RAVENS !!!

You go Army!

Correct me if I'm wrong, and there's a good chance I am, but the only time, in today's football, I hear a whistle blow the play dead, is if the runner goes down, or is stode straight up, and moving backward.

John and Jim Harbaugh are good coaches, but they are also the biggest pissin and moaning cry baby coaches in the league, and, next to Mike Tomlin, are the most win at any cost coaches, who would sell their families to win a football game!

Deleted the garbage. Lets not go there.

Once again, I don't usually read through the game day threads, but was there any talk about Little ??

He looked pretty good out there and he should have had a TD to go with the day had Dalton not got overzealous with his toss.

Hope to see him continue getting comfortable and think adding AJ back in the mix helps him. Adding Eifert makes them dangerous again.

Adam Jones averaged 31 yards per kick return yesterday and think he needs to hold that job moving forward.

He's going to break another 1 or 2 before it's all said and done. He was close yesterday.

They only went to Gio on two pass plays the whole game. Wonder if they didn't want to set him up to get blasted like last week ??

Still real happy about the win this morning !!!

With Sanu having the type of season he is, i'm left to wonder if they don't keep Sanu on the outside with AJ and move Little to the slot?

When we signed Little, I went in search of what happened with him in Cleveland. I don't recall where I saw it, but read that Little's best season (2001) he was targeted more on the short passes. While his drops have certainly been well documented, the way the Browns utilized him after that season changed. There had to be something to why the Bengals brought him in here when there were seemingly better directions to travel in. I'm also curious if they asked Campbell what he thought of him during their time together in Cleveland.

Anyway, as long as he keeps the drops down, I will continue to look forward to seeing what he can do in our system.

F*CK YOU RAVENS !!!

You know what won this game?

Metal Off.

Fucking Metal Off.

THE F*CKING GAME THREAD METAL OFF !!! (Closest I could come to the Catalina Wine Mixer)

Not to lessen everyone elses contribution, but Red Fang totally destroyed the competition in my opinion.

Thanks again Kingwilly for introducing that band to me !!! :cheers:

I wanted to say one other thing - I thought Greg Little performed extremely well

I am glad he seems to be making the most of his last chance in the NFL, and at this point I'd even like the Bengals to start thinking about signing him to a 2-3 year extension while he still has (probably) some gratitude for the chance he's been given

I went back and watched the Dalton QB sneak for the win.

When he got stood up (to a degree) both Hill and Little ran up and gave the final push to get him into the endzone.

Nice play and thinking on their part.

On another look of the OPI call against Smith, something that was missed was that both Geathers and Dunlap were held.

I don't know how the Geathers hold was missed on that play, but whatever.

Once again, I don't usually read through the game day threads, but was there any talk about Little ??

He looked pretty good out there and he should have had a TD to go with the day had Dalton not got overzealous with his toss.

Hope to see him continue getting comfortable and think adding AJ back in the mix helps him. Adding Eifert makes them dangerous again.

Yeah, Good Little showed up yesterday. In addition to what he did catch and the TD overthrow, he also had a big completion called back by a Moobs hold. The biggest thing he brings is that unlike the rest of the backup wideouts he can get separation. It's just a question of whether Good Little or Anvil Hands shows up on any given Sunday.

Tate deserves a hat tip too IMO. He only had two catches but both went for first downs I believe.

They only went to Gio on two pass plays the whole game. Wonder if they didn't want to set him up to get blasted like last week ??

They did chuck it to Hill four times though. He had a nice pickup on that dump-off.

With Sanu having the type of season he is, i'm left to wonder if they don't keep Sanu on the outside with AJ and move Little to the slot?

I vote to keep Sanu in the slot, it's where he's most effective.

On another look of the OPI call against Smith, something that was missed was that both Geathers and Dunlap were held.

I don't know how the Geathers hold was missed on that play, but whatever.

The Baltimore radio announcers had a sh*t fit over that call. They played a little of it on M&M this morning but I only caught a few seconds' worth. Some of it is here but it cuts off just when it's getting good:

/>http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/ravens-broadcasters-went-nuts-over-steve-smith-sr-s-offensive-pass-interference-call/