Bengals Go From Joke to Model

HoosierCat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards put Dwyer on the reserve/NFI list and cut Chris Rainey from their PS (he was a Steeler until he hit his girlfriend). Props to Arizona for getting out ahead of the mess.

I've seen and heard not a few people starting to say that the whole personal conduct policy needs to be scrapped and not replaced. Put it back on the teams and take away the league office excuse. I'm starting to think they're right.

I've seen and heard not a few people starting to say that the whole personal conduct policy needs to be scrapped and not replaced. Put it back on the teams and take away the league office excuse. I'm starting to think they're right.

I don't know if I'd go that far or not.

But, the idea appeals to me in that it would no longer allow teams to hide behind the NFL badge when it comes to discipline. They've gotten a bit of a free pass in that regard.

The kiss of death has arrived

/>http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/17/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-cincinnati-bengals

game over man, game over!

we're done!

Damn... I mean this is a good team, just way to early to call them #1.

I don't disagree with you, but the same could be said of every team. I agree with the notion that, through these two games, the Bengals looked more complete than any team out there. I've no issue with us being rated No. 1, but I also expect that we won't stay there for more than a week or so.

That's why power ranking this early suck. I agree it's too early to call anyone number 1. So far I love the way Hue runs this offense the question is will it hold up all year, defense looks great will they off towards the end. I think it's a long way to go, but good teams will find a way to win, and will not let things affect them. I'm excited to see where they go.

Brutal story on the Rice affair.

/>http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=11551518

Actually manages to make me feel sorry for Rice and Goodell. From this it was Biscotti and Ozzie the Great that totally effed this up

A long read but worth it. Goodell doesn't CE out looking good.

Ill be suprised if Harbaugh even wants to be there. After wanting to cut Rice, then being sent out to do that press conference, wow how could he want to work there.

That is just what I was thinking reading this.

He has got to be just a little pissed this came back to bite him along with everyone else. But, he could have came out and said what he thought, towing the company line was just an option.

This headline will send skyline screaming into the Tennessee hills:

Yes, the Cincinnati Bengals are the best team in football

/>http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/22/yes-the-cincinnati-bengals-are-the-best-team-in-football/16036729/

Bengals getting all of the love today. Greeny was all over them on Moron & Moron in the morning today, too.

I hope two weeks of hearing how awesome they are doesn't go to their heads.

I hear ya. That's happened before. I think -- repeat, think -- that this team won't let all the talk go to their heads, but you never know. And yes, if they keep winning there will be more praise and they are going to have to learn to handle that. They've always been at their best in the "underdog" role and they aren't going to be the underdogs very often this year the way they are playing. In fact their Super Bowl odds just dropped to 10/1 today, same as the Saints and behind only Seattle, Denver and NE.

This headline will send skyline screaming into the Tennessee hills:

Yes, the Cincinnati Bengals are the best team in football

/>http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/22/yes-the-cincinnati-bengals-are-the-best-team-in-football/16036729/

Bengals getting all of the love today. Greeny was all over them on Moron & Moron in the morning today, too.

I hope two weeks of hearing how awesome they are doesn't go to their heads.

Still lots of dissing going on in this article, the schedule is not a murderers row. Funny that Balti and Atlanta were some peoples picks to go to the SB this season at the beginning of the year and they have only lost to us.

I wouldn't call the Bengals the best quite yet. They'll definitely be #1 on various meaningless power rankings starting tomorrow though, so the hype is definitely underway. I trust guys like Whitworth, Peko, and Geathers to understand they have accomplished nothing so far. I hope the younger core of the roster follows their lead.

I trust guys like Whitworth, Peko, and Geathers to understand they have accomplished nothing so far. I hope the younger core of the roster follows their lead.

Couldn't agree with that more.

I hope the veterans that have seen this team flirt with success but fail, pound this into the younger guys.

Don't believe your own hype until you are holding the Lombardi.

Good bit from Bill Barnwell of Grantland:

/>http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-3-seahawks-broncos-bengals-backup-quarterbacks/

There will be some who write off the Bengals as irrelevant until the team impresses people in the playoffs, which seems ill-advised. The Falcons were a joke until they beat Russell Wilson in the playoffs (which seems pretty impressive right about now) and came within one Harry Douglas slip of making the Super Bowl. The Ravens blew playoff games in all kinds of crazy ways until Joe Flacco got hot one January and Baltimore won it all. You know how the sliding scale works: The Bengals won’t matter until they win a playoff game, and then when they do, they won’t matter until they make the Super Bowl, and then until they win it. If that’s what you want to take out of watching sports, go nuts. Until then, you’ll be missing out on a damn good football team.