Falcons @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating

Early in a scoreless game, a quarterback throws a 20-yard pass just by the reaching arms of a defender and into the hands of his intended receiver, who holds on despite the distraction, then scampers the remaining 15 yards for a touchdown.

Another quarterback, down 30-10 with five minutes left in the fourth quarter, throws a 3-yard screen pass to a running back, who maneuvers another 32 yards through prevent defense to pick up a first down deep in opponent territory.

QBR's very definition shows that it is subjective. They "determine" the QB's contribution to a play. The first example they list above precisely describes the touchdown to Sanu yesterday. Based on their article, they would rate this type of play better than the second example. When a quarterback has an established narrative associated with him, no matter how objective someone claims to be, their subjective analysis will always show some level of bias. This is exactly what happens with Andy.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was just walking through clinical areas and happen to see that Sanu throw again on the TV.

Dalton had pressure right in his face and threw the ball while going backward. (See not stepping into a clean pocket)

Isn't this exactly the kind of thing Dalton supposedly can't do ??

QBR ?? What the f*ck ever.

Color me unsurprised. I was wondering how working on the sideline and then spilling about it was going to fly with the Bengals. It's still here for now:

/>http://footballpros.com/showthread.php/14137-A-First-Hand-Account-Of-The-Falcons-Game-From-The-Opposing-Sideline

ISIS did not send a recruiter to the Licking County, Ohio, employment expo at the Doubletree by Hilton, even though forty other employers were there. Now I'm not even sure what their strategy is.

They are trying to get younger on offense so their recruiting goals are focused on young talent in the highschools. Next thing you know they'll be banging on about needing a developmental league.