Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

Absolutely loved the outcome of this game. Came into it thinking they would lose a close one at Balti. By halftime I was geeked up and hoping for a shutout. In the fourth quarter I went through despair and back to the thought of them losing a close game in Balti. The bomb to AJ and the two sacks to close out the game made me a happy camper.

Great start. Would hate to be a Browns fan today, they came so close.

Burfict is the big one. Look at the yards per play against with him vs. Without...absolutely mind blowing difference.

He's one of the few defensive players in the NFL, that when he's out, it makes a huge difference on the entire defense. He is THAT good.

Watching him slide off that block to make that tackle on that one play was incredible!

Big opening game win on the road against a division rival.

Tell me again why I should be upset being 1-0 at this point ??

People seem to forget this is the first FULL game the starters played. Of course they were gassed, but they made the plays when they had to.

Eifert was apparently a big part of the game plan and his exit seemed to change the tone. I want to punch Gresham.

Geno was REALLY gased. Hall took an IV during the game. Bufict's concussion sucks.

The Ravens may have had some mistakes, but the Bengals played a better all around game and deserved that win.

I can't remember and can't find video I can access, but can anyone see what yard line Dalton threw the 77 yard TD from and where AJ first came in contact with the ball ?? In guessing, I will say he threw the ball 50 yards with the last 27 coming by way of Green finishing the play. My point ?? 50 yard is pretty good by my line of thought. Not every QB in the league throws the ball 70 yards in the air. Just be happy they went out and made the play when they had to and the Bengals won an opener on the road.

Already have tickets for the home opener against the Falcons next week !!!

WHOF*CKINGDEY !!!

I can't remember and can't find video I can access, but can anyone see what yard line Dalton threw the 77 yard TD from and where AJ first came in contact with the ball ?? In guessing, I will say he threw the ball 50 yards with the last 27 coming by way of Green finishing the play. My point ?? 50 yard is pretty good by my line of thought. Not every QB in the league throws the ball 70 yards in the air. Just be happy they went out and made the play when they had to and the Bengals won an opener on the road.

Andy let go of the ball around the 15, and AJ caught it on the 30. That's 55 yards in the air. (The LOS was the 23)

Oh, and just to wrap this thread back around to the subject that started it on the first page, here's the new video of Ray Rice assaulting his girlfriend in the elevator. Warning, it's vicious:

/>http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/

Remember, he got 2 games.

2 games.

I want to punch Gresham.

It's really quite astonishing how frequently we all experience this desire.

Maybe we can pay Ray Rice two games of paychecks to do it for us? I hear he's got a mean hook.

I hear people all the time say how they don't understand how Gresham gets such a bad rep.

Really ?? Go back and watch. When his contract is up, I don't want to see him back.

Two words for you Gresham:

Buh-Bye

So roughly 55 yards in the air for Dalton huh ?? Yeah, his arm strength sucks.

I've said this before, but AJ is fast and maybe, just maybe, he gets where he's going pretty quick.

I think it might have more to do with when Andy released it that caused AJ to slow up a bit, but his arm strength wasn't the concern there.

Bottom line for me is that it resulted in a 77 yard TD pass and a Bengals win at the Ravens.

Put me in the camp that thinks 1-0 is a good place to be.

I hear people all the time say how they don't understand how Gresham gets such a bad rep.

Really ?? Go back and watch. When his contract is up, I don't want to see him back.

Two words for you Gresham:

Buh-Bye

So roughly 55 yards in the air for Dalton huh ?? Yeah, his arm strength sucks.

I've said this before, but AJ is fast and maybe, just maybe, he gets where he's going pretty quick.

I think it might have more to do with when Andy released it that caused AJ to slow up a bit, but his arm strength wasn't the concern there.

Bottom line for me is that it resulted in a 77 yard TD pass and a Bengals win at the Ravens.

Put me in the camp that thinks 1-0 is a good place to be.

I'm with you on Gresham; the guy drives me crazy. He's like the offensive version of Rey. He does enough to keep his job but never lives up to the expectations he should. Meanwhile Whit remains the most under appreciated LT in the league. It's amazing what media hype, or the lack thereof, can do for a player.

It also kills me that Andy completes a huge pass in the clutch and gets no praise for it whatsoever. The guy deserves his knocks when he screws up, but holy hell it takes some kind of wacky logic to criticize him on a monster, game winning throw.

I don't care though. We won, they lost and the season started out right. Who fuckin' Dey.

Re Gresham from ESPN and PFF:

Tight end Jermaine Gresham was on the field for 61 offensive snaps. He ran 31 routes while run and pass blocking on 30 more plays. He received a 0.6 overall grade.

Notes: Gresham had two plays that had a negative impact for Cincinnati's offense. He committed a false start on the first drive that didn't end up hurting the offense. The Bengals got two first downs on the drive after the infraction. Later in the first half, though, as he was running a drag across the field near the goal line, Gresham cut short his route. He stopped when Dalton delivered a pass to an empty space where it appeared Gresham was supposed to continue running toward. Had that been a completion, Gresham would have easily scored, and the Bengals would have gotten a touchdown much sooner than the fourth quarter. Two plays after the incompletion, they settled for another field goal.

Then this about Dalton:

Dalton was hardly pressured. When he did take blitzes, Dalton was 6-of-9 with 118 yards and a touchdown.

Notes: It didn't appear much fazed Dalton as he stood tall in the pocket whether he was pressured or not. The mix of short, intermediate and timely deep passes worked well for him.

People can say what they want, but I don't care for Gresham.

I heard Dalton sucked under pressure. Here's to hoping the above continues.

Oops forgot the link:
/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/10946/bengals-russell-bodine-jermaine-gresham-pff-week-1-win