Report: Thomas Howard Killed

HoosierCat

Damn damn damn. Like volcom says way too young. Reedy:

Multiple stations in Oakland are reporting that former Bengals linebacker Thomas Howard was killed in automobile accident on Monday morning. He was 30 years old.

Reports said a speeding BMW rear-ended a big rig and then careened out of control, hurling over a center divider and slamming head-on into another car on Highway 880 in Oakland, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The California Highway said the initial investigation has revealed the BMW was traveling more than 100 mph. The force of the impact disintegrated both vehicles, killing both drivers.

Howard was with the Bengals for two seasons, starting 16 games. He led the team in tackles in 2011 (120) with a sack, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles. He suffered a knee injury in a practice on Sept. 13 last year as Vontaze Burfict took over the starting spot. Howard was a free agent during the offseason but was still rehabbing from the knee injury. The Bengals brought him in for a workout before the Week 1 game against Chicago.

Howard ended up signing with the Falcons on Oct. 22 but appeared in only two games before being released last Tuesday. He began his career with Oakland in 2006 after being drafted in the second round and spent five seasons there.

I'll say it - stupid waste of life. No excuse possible for going 100 mph on a freeway. I don't feel bad for him because he was, literally, stupid to death. I do feel bad for the other drivers that were killed and injured in this completely unnecessary event. Tragic.

exactly how i feel, i have no pity for him, he was a moron. if you do moron thing and you die because of it, you deserve it.

I'll say it - stupid waste of life. No excuse possible for going 100 mph on a freeway. I don't feel bad for him because he was, literally, stupid to death. I do feel bad for the other drivers that were killed and injured in this completely unnecessary event. Tragic.

exactly how i feel, i have no pity for him, he was a moron. if you do moron thing and you die because of it, you deserve it.

You two might want to wait for more details before mounting your high horses. As far as I can tell, all the reports of him going 100 mph were based on people at the scene, not some radar gun. And this is apparently a bad stretch of road with a lot of truck traffic. Maybe he was flying along in a drunken stupor, maybe he was doing 70 or 75 and got clipped by a semi, I don't know.

Wow, what a shame.

Prayers for him and his family.

Ditto

There'll be excuses. Just wait until the post concussion syndrome crowd weighs in on this