Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

What an uneven day from Marvin. That's me being charitable.

There's been more than a whiff of desperation about this team today. And it will probably only get worse next week, sadly.

The punt was the play. Pin them, play defense, drain clock, and if it tilts toward a tie, all the better. So frustrating.

What an uneven day from Marvin. That's me being charitable.

There's been more than a whiff of desperation about this team today. And it will probably only get worse next week, sadly.

The punt was the play. Pin them, play defense, drain clock, and if it tilts toward a tie, all the better. So frustrating.

I don't mind the decision to go for it. But Gio can't give up yards like that in that situation. Rookie stuff there, if it isn't there and it wasn't go down and put the D on.

For the record I would have been OK with a punt as well.

I'm starting to lose faith in the offense, and it's not a good feeling.

Once again like last week, if the offense does something anything in the first half or consistently they would have won both.

Defense is so beat up but yet continue to keep them in games, and the offense can't do a thing.

I'm losing hope here, horrible feeling, but I remember last time against the Browns. I wanna believe in Playoffs, but from this day on ill just take it a game at a time.

it is entertaining every week with this team. I loved the fight. Zimmer and the D continue to amaze me. I don't mind the decision to go on the first 4th down early. I hated the play call. In fact, I'm officially off the Gruden band wagon. I am so tired of not trying to stretch the field. These slants don't work. Pounding Gio in the middle run after run? I don't get it. I just don't know if it's Marvin's input into the offensive plan? lack of faith in Dalton? or Gruden sucking. It is becoming more apparent that Andy's problem is accuracy. Don't know if it's because his hand is to small or what, but some balls just look terrible coming out of his hand. Offensive line is struggling and I think we missed Gresh today. The talent level on this team is apparent. I think we have a chance to win any game. Rest of year is going to be interesting. We are going to win the division, But if the O can't get it together I don't see the post season being to productive

it is entertaining every week with this team. I loved the fight.

Yup. I'm just tired of the dumb crap. The D can't play like it did and give up giant penalty yards. Andy has to play better. Five man o-line has to stop getting beat by a four man rush. Gruden's playbook is sht. Huber can have 16 yard punts and please gawd isnt there anyone better than Tate as a returner?

No excuse for the sloppy crap we saw today after a half-bye.

Must crush Cleveland. Lose next week and I think he roof caves in.

Sad thing is all the injuries. In the end that's why we are reeling. 2009 redux.

The inability of the offense to get going in the first half was atrocious. Really dreadful. I;m not that upset with the playcalling, lest we forget the lost years of Bratkowski.

As for perspective, days like this happen. Colts lose HUGE at STL. Luck tosses 3 INTs. Its not just Dalton.

However, Dalton must be sharper. It's kind of stunning at the number of poorply thrown passes he had. He was sacked 5 times, looked like 3 of those were on him.

I'm firmly of the mind that this team carries on to get the AFCN title. I think they can beat any NFL team, if the D continues to play elite level ball and Dalton can simply be slightly above average.

Five man o-line has to stop getting beat by a four man rush

Can I get a hearty GIMME A LINEMAN

Whit was beat twice for sacks, and struggled mightily. Perhaps Collins is the better option, kick Whit inside.

I believe Cook also needs to be seriously looked at. Better FA options, maybe a high round draft pick at C.

Maybe the biggest shining moment from the game was Vinny Rey. Can we get some love for the LB? Hats off for a HUGE game. 3 sacks, INT, led team in tackles. Malua-who?

The entire thing sucked today, the game plan, play calling, players performance, time management, etc. This team, for that matter, every team that Marvin has coached doesn’t seem to have any urgency. We had three times out at the end of the 1st half and decided to not use them and attempt a last drive to get into FG range. At the end of the game, we’re out of times outs with less than two minutes in the game and players are walking/light jog to the line of scrimmage after a play is ran? Why we didn’t have our receivers run down and out patterns is beyond me. We got really lucky on that hail marry pass.

So, who lost this game for us? Dalton’s inability to throw accurate passes? A missed FG? 16 yard punts? Turnovers? Offense’s three and outs? Defense penalties? Play calling? Why do we keep running the ball up the middle when we don’t get anywhere? Why does Tate run into a bunch of Ravens on returns when there is open field to his opposite side? Why in the heck don’t we use a Full Back on 3rd and short or 4th and short? Why not try # 11 at returning kick offs and punts?

My chest hurts from all this crap!

Biggest problem right now with this team is turning the ball over like crazy. They should have won this game no problem, if they don't turn the ball over all those times giving the Ravens good field position.

Im a big believer in Andy, but at some point he has to stop throwing stupid INTs. There is a lot about him to like, and many things that he has gotten better at, but he still is turning the ball over like crazy. Andy has some great games, but its time he plays more consistant. I have no idea what happened after that Jets game, you would think momentum would be on his side, but he has come out the last 2 games, giving other teams a gift.

Defense besides the penalties, some of which were bull crap, I thought have been playing pretty good, and well enough to win the game.

The offense better figure out something, otherwise I think they will miss the playoffs. Find a running game and stick with it, im tired of Gruden throwing it over 40 times a game. To much talent on offense to look this bad for 2 weeks in a row, they need to move forward not backwards!

The entire thing sucked today, the game plan, play calling, players performance, time management, etc. This team, for that matter, every team that Marvin has coached doesn’t seem to have any urgency. We had three times out at the end of the 1st half and decided to not use them and attempt a last drive to get into FG range. At the end of the game, we’re out of times outs with less than two minutes in the game and players are walking/light jog to the line of scrimmage after a play is ran? Why we didn’t have our receivers run down and out patterns is beyond me. We got really lucky on that hail marry pass.

So, who lost this game for us? Dalton’s inability to throw accurate passes? A missed FG? 16 yard punts? Turnovers? Offense’s three and outs? Defense penalties? Play calling? Why do we keep running the ball up the middle when we don’t get anywhere? Why does Tate run into a bunch of Ravens on returns when there is open field to his opposite side? Why in the heck don’t we use a Full Back on 3rd and short or 4th and short? Why not try # 11 at returning kick offs and punts?

My chest hurts from all this crap!

Pretty much Dalton's silliness and a weak interior o-line.

this offense just isnt there. when dalton is accurate, his receivers drop balls. when the line gives good protection, dalton overthrows or misreads the D. when the line gives no protection, much like today and against Clevelend, Gruden does nothing to change up the play-calling... or Gruden hasn`t prepared the offense well enough to adjust in-game. I like to keep pointing to the fact that we aren`t really suited to run the ball with our current linemen and/or scheme. Leftside of the line is weak. Not a fan of Boling or Cook. I think Cook had a horrible time getting protections set today.

I’m watching the Sunday night game and just wondering why our Bengals can’t play like these Saints. They have a QB that’s barely 6 foot, stands on his toes to throw and is extremely accurate! They’re up 21-10 and get the ball with 52 seconds left in the half and what do they do? They use great time management, drive down the field, use their timeouts wisely and score a TD before half!! What do we do in the same situation, take our time, don't use times outs and settle with the current score..

As far as the run game, they run the Law Firm up the middle on most 1st downs and end up getting very little to nothing. On 2nd and long, we do something crazy and end up with third and long. Another thing I see us doing is instead of focusing on getting the 1st down, we seem to try to go deep and usually miss. We were 5 of 19 on third downs today. How can we be so inconsistent? One game we score 50 + points and the next two, we can barely move the ball.

What's bad is our injuries are on the defensive side of the ball, yet they seem to play their butts off and keep us in games. The offense has tons of weapons bu we have no idea how or when to use them.

I say, promote Marvin to GM, promote Zim to HC, get rid of Gruden and see where that takes us!