Patriots @ Bengals game thread

Stripes

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton/Offense looked good in the second half, but still waiting for this offense to evolve. I'm still not sure what to think, or what is wrong with them. Still have hope they will figure it out. For now ill just be excited about this win.

They put together some good drives today. But untimely sacks and turnovers are killer. Andy looked pretty good today. He had the INT in the redzone, which is very uncharacteristic for him, but that throw out of the endzone to Jones was PERFECT and probably won the game for us. That 93 yard drive doesn't happen without that throw.

Andy outplayed Tom Brady today by a country mile. Maybe people can lay off him for a week and enjoy the victory.

Dalton/Offense looked good in the second half, but still waiting for this offense to evolve. I'm still not sure what to think, or what is wrong with them. Still have hope they will figure it out. For now ill just be excited about this win.

They put together some good drives today. But untimely sacks and turnovers are killer. Andy looked pretty good today. He had the INT in the redzone, which is very uncharacteristic for him, but that throw out of the endzone to Jones was PERFECT and probably won the game for us. That 93 yard drive doesn't happen without that throw.

Andy outplayed Tom Brady today by a country mile. Maybe people can lay off him for a week and enjoy the victory.

Probably not but one can hope! :sure:

Good to hear Hunt got some time and made some plays.

Every time I looked Hunt was in. They moved Gilberry to the inside, and Gilberry had an awesome game today.

Taylor Mays also had a good game today.

He is a guy I wanted to mention specifically. He played very well. He's had a couple of pretty good games in a row.

No doubt Andy can make the throws if he is given time. When he had time we saw him hit the receivers. The problem is when there is pressure of any kind, he forgets what he is doing. Sometimes I wish he would just throw the ball away! He did have some great drives today with some great throws.

If you ask me this looked like the 2009 offense, and I'm ok with that.

No doubt Andy can make the throws if he is given time. When he had time we saw him hit the receivers. The problem is when there is pressure of any kind, he forgets what he is doing. Sometimes I wish he would just throw the ball away! He did have some great drives today with some great throws.

It's probably worth noting that Brady was under fire all afternoon and looked like crap. Generally speaking QBs don't do well under pressure. On of the things I think always gets overlooked is just how good our online was back in the day, meaning 2005. I think Carson was sacked like 12 times the whole season. Give Dalton that kind of protection and we will win more rings than Pitt.

It's probably worth noting that Brady was under fire all afternoon and looked like crap. Generally speaking QBs don't do well under pressure. On of the things I think always gets overlooked is just how good our online was back in the day, meaning 2005. I think Carson was sacked like 12 times the whole season. Give Dalton that kind of protection and we will win more rings than Pitt.

Yep I agree with this.

Dalton did do some running today, which I was very happy with, still not sure why he dosnt do it more.

Probably not but one can hope! :sure:/>

Worst part is the fans booed Dalton when he came out today, that is horrible.

Probably not but one can hope! :sure:/>/>

Worst part is the fans booed Dalton when he came out today, that is horrible.

Those aren't fans, those are a**h***s.

Dalton still didn't inspire much, to me.

His best throw was the seam pass to Eifert.

Gio looked really good. Apart from the INT, which I called, it was a modest day passing.

The D won this grinder of a game. Hats off to the D.

Watched the whole game next to about 10 Pats superfans who could only talk about missing Welker and Gronk. And Gonzalez, hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

Well hopefully Dalton will throw some TDs in the next couple games, with wins to get people off his back. Last year in the early going Dalton looked really good, throwing TDs, looking sharp. Then Sanu went down and Andy was not playing as well. If he can find away to hit his stride later in the season, that would be great.

I complain about this team , but I love the Bengals. And I hate two teams, the Steelers and the Patriots. This year we've already beaten both. They got back to the run today, defense played well, just enjoying what to me is a monster win.

They've beaten the Steelers, the Packers, and the Patriots. Pretty strong.

Well, while it wasn't a performance that will go down in history, Dalton had a pretty good game minus that horrible INT he threw.

Some of his passes were GREAT. That ball down the sideline to Marvin Jones from deep in the Bengals end was a thing of beauty.

I gave Dalton his blast last week and while he didn't throw a TD today, he did a nice job and will give him what is due.

Also, how much different did the defense look with Reggie Nelson starting this week ??

Yeah, I give him a lot toward what we saw today versus last week.

Hunt even had some nice plays. Nothing huge, but showed strength and provided pressure.

Dalton was fine today for the most part. That INT might have been the single worst decision of his career so far though, it doesn't get much lower than that. In any event, he wasn't a turnover machine today and he was mostly accurate. I agree that the throw to Marvin Jones was extremely important and probably helped instill some confidence in the man.

How about Wallace Gilberry? No MJ? No problem. If he can keep this up then MJ's replacement this offseason might not just automatically be Margus Hunt (who also did a pretty good job).