Patriots @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

No Wilfork at the DT is a good thing for the Bengals who are looking to improve the running game.

The offense could get both Gronk and Amendola back, but they haven't exactly been struggling without them.

I mentioned before that I fully expect them to lose this game Sunday, but a win also wouldn't surprise me in the least.

If Hall and Nelson are back and the offense can find a way to play during the first half, it could be fun to watch.

Pressuring Brady is always the key against the Pats and we have a defense capable of doing that.

I have no idea how to call it.

Well, we had the letdown game last week, so that sets up a "GRRRR 'n' sht" game this week in which our embarrassed Bengals come out firing and pull off the upset win. The Pats aren't what they've been in years past but obviously they still find ways to get 'er done. But this feels like a Bengals win to me. Don't worry though, we'll give it back with a clunker against Buffalo.

Well, we had the letdown game last week, so that sets up a "GRRRR 'n' sht" game this week in which our embarrassed Bengals come out firing and pull off the upset win. The Pats aren't what they've been in years past but obviously they still find ways to get 'er done. But this feels like a Bengals win to me. Don't worry though, we'll give it back with a clunker against Buffalo.

The early Vegas line I saw is 1.5.....Bengals. Great - they play so well when favored.

Strangely enough, I feel way better about this game than I did last weeks. Not having Leon back and looking like MJ being out is a blow, though.

If Hall and MJ are out this week, Bengals lose big.

They will be out. It's sucks, but this team is supposed to have great depth right? If so then they need to show it.

At the DE spot MUCH moreso than the CB spot.

Hall being out last week was bigger than most are willing to admit.

We've been busy busting Dalton's balls.

Gruden better pull his head out of his ass.

Honestly, I think he deserves the lion's share, "probably".

FWIW it looks like the Pats are banged up at RB...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots running back Stevan Ridley was not spotted at the start of Friday's practice, marking the third straight day in which he was not present. This naturally puts his status in doubt for Sunday's game against the Bengals.

If Ridley does not play, it likely thrusts LeGarrette Blount into a leading role.

The Patriots also have second-year running back Brandon Bolden, although he has been limited in practice with a knee injury. Veteran change-of-pace option Leon Washington also could be part of the mix, but he's been limited with a thigh injury (he only played in Week 2).

Of course, I'm not sure how much they'll have to run the ball given our injury-wrecked secondary...

I expect a Bengals loss even if the injuries aren't as bad as they look on Sunday. I don't really buy into the GRRR and s**t notion and will be surprised by a victory. It's not that I don't think the Bengals are good enough to beat the Patriots in Cincinnati -- it's that they haven't played well enough at any point in the season so far. They may well get there eventually, but I don't anticipate it so soon after the 6-point outing in Cleveland.

Well Hall is doubtful this week, but at least Nelson can go.

MJ is listed as questionable, but hasn't practiced all week so not sure about that.

I don't see how they win this game, they might but they have not proved that they are a good team. They have the talent on paper, but it's just paper. Bengals have had great teams before, but it's always the same they under achieve. Hope they prove me wrong starting this week and go on a huge winning streak.

Who know the Browns could be alone in first place after this weekend, how crazy!

I still expect a loss, but will be watching and hoping for them to get the "W" !!!

Well.... Right after my sons birthday party that is.

Can you believe that ?? A birthday party on a Sunday afternoon during the football season ??

You know I couldn't really argue about a birthday party for my son, but I really let her have it in my mind.

Take that honey...