Packers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying good teams find ways to win even despite losing turn over Battle,This why my stance has always been never surrender play to the end.

It was ugly but 3+ Years ago The Bengals would have never won a game like this,But today we did and I'm happy for it.

WHODEY!

Ok guys I think we have to all agree now, start Gio Bernard next week. When he is in good things happen for this team. BJGE still has his role, but something special about Gio.

Agreed,I like Lawfirm he's a cool guy but at same time we should return him to his role that he had for Patriots where he was successful he just doesn't look to be starting Running Back and Gio Puts life in to our Offense...10 Carrys 50 yards vs 10 Carrys 29

So, let me get this straight. Marvin won a challenge, and then the D came up with a turnover and score? AND we scored 20 unanswered points in the second half? Who is this team and what have they done with the Bengals?????

Don't care how ugly that was, that is not a game we would have won in the past. And for the record ugly wins count the same as "pretty" wins so yeah.

This is why I like Aussies. :sure:

So, let me get this straight. Marvin won a challenge, and then the D came up with a turnover and score? AND we scored 20 unanswered points in the second half? Who is this team and what have they done with the Bengals?????

Don't care how ugly that was, that is not a game we would have won in the past. And for the record ugly wins count the same as "pretty" wins so yeah.

This is why I like Aussies. :sure:/>

OY!!! I'm AMERICAN!!!!

Plus, I live in New Zealand

And, I think I just got trolled. :lmao:

Honestly I think prior Bengals teams under Marvin could have also won this game -- it was basically nonsense from kickoff to Q4 00:00.

Beat the s**t out of Cleveland next week and I'll feel more optimistic. I love to be 2-1, but I wouldn't say this game instilled much confidence in me about anything.

This is why I like Aussies. :sure:/>/>/>

OY!!! I'm AMERICAN!!!!

Plus, I live in New Zealand

And, I think I just got trolled. :lmao:/>/>

Look I had the right hemisphere, what do you want? :lol:/>

Once again, I was out coaching a soccer game during the bulk of the game, but I did get to see those first two TDs before I left and was thinking "a 14 point lead isnt enough against that QB"

My team of 9 to 10 year old girls beat a team that is in first place, undefeated prior to today, one we had not ever beaten before (on 8 tries in 6 years)

And it was a heartattack type game back and forth

I am glad I didnt see the Bengals game because I dont think I could have handled watching BOTH games. The soccer game was enough :-)

Once again, I was out coaching a soccer game during the bulk of the game, but I did get to see those first two TDs before I left and was thinking "a 14 point lead isnt enough against that QB"

My team of 9 to 10 year old girls beat a team that is in first place, undefeated prior to today, one we had not ever beaten before (on 8 tries in 6 years)

And it was a heartattack type game back and forth

I am glad I didnt see the Bengals game because I dont think I could have handled watching BOTH games. The soccer game was enough :-)

Who Dey tink gonna beat dem TJ kids! Congrats to your girls!

I don't know if the stat has been mentioned to this point or not (I only went back 2 pages) but this was the first time in NFL history a team was up by 14 points, then down by 16 points, only to come back and win the game. I don't care what the "W" looks like, because one team or another was going to take home an ugly win. Might as well be the Bengals.

If someone had said prior to the game that the Bengals were going to turn the ball over 4 straight drives, giving Green Bay great field position each time, what would you have guessed the final score to be ?? I would have bet it was a 3 TD blowout loss. The defense gets a big pat on the back and I even give some credit to the offense for not hanging their heads when GB jumped out 30-14. They hung in there and made some plays when they needed to.

2-1 after games against the Bears, Steelers and Green Bay ??

What's there to be unhappy about ??

What I hate is when talking heads say defense played well despite giving up 30 points...

Defense did not give up 30 points it gave up 23 (Defensive Touchdown) & Realistically it gave up 14 because 9 points off those field goals should not count.

I would say the D did a great job considering the situations they found themselves in. Army is right, looking at turnovers it should have been a blowout, but they choked the Packer O.

The problem was that the O was just all over the place. Dalton was Good Andy and Bad Andy at the same time. Gresham and Gree Ellis' put the ball on the ground. The O-line ran hot and cold. Even the kicking game got into the act. If I am on the offense I am going to church tomorrow and lighting all the candles.

I know Dalton threw a pick and fumbled the ball, but let's not lose sight of the rest of his day.

On top of the mistakes, he had a pretty good game doing things people here have been hoping to see from him.

Why is it when a player like Sanu fumbles the ball against the Bears, people say it was a bang bang play by the Bears and then Dalton fumbles the ball on a bang bang play by the Packers and he's the worst player to wear stripes ??

I look at this game very much the same way most looked at the Bears game in that stuff happens in games. This just had a different outcome.

If this team has a game without the mistakes and turnovers, they are going to absolutely dominate.

I'm just hoping they figure it out sooner rather than later.

Oh and good challenge by Marvin, turning the 1st down into 4th and inches, into a win.

I know Dalton threw a pick and fumbled the ball, but let's not lose sight of the rest of his day.

On top of the mistakes, he had a pretty good game doing things people here have been hoping to see from him.

Why is it when a player like Sanu fumbles the ball against the Bears, people say it was a bang bang play by the Bears and then Dalton fumbles the ball on a bang bang play by the Packers and he's the worst player to wear stripes ??

I look at this game very much the same way most looked at the Bears game in that stuff happens in games. This just had a different outcome.

If this team has a game without the mistakes and turnovers, they are going to absolutely dominate.

I'm just hoping they figure it out sooner rather than later.

Oh and good challenge by Marvin, turning the 1st down into 4th and inches, into a win.

Yep I just put this in the other thread Dalton in the second half was 13-16 168 yards and 2 TDs. Dalton does make mistakes, but lets look at the talent around him turning the ball over as well. I also think sometimes they try to force it to Green, when other guys are open. He did a great job in the second half getting it to the open guy whether it was Green or somebody else.

My biggest frustration with Dalton at points in this game was what I thought to be really bad misreads of the defense. He set himself up to get sacked repeatedly. Once again though he overcame a terrible first half with a much better second half.

He's going to have to put a stop to the Jekyll and Hyde act though. That's not going to be a consistent winning standard.