53 Man Roster as is.

Kazkal

Marvin's press conference seemed to have him saying "the replacement for Hall is right here" but for me, that misses the point

Next man up, fine, but whoever was the **last man** on the depth chart - that guy moved up a spot, so the that spot has to be filled with a new cornerback

So Prater is no longer available? Fine, bring in Curtis Marsh again, or whoever. They need a backup corner at the very least

That said, I'd still prefer they trade for a quality player - I look at this as a playoff run and imho they need a decent player in there to keep the defensive secondary solid

They're clearly trying to fill the spot with a new DB. They've put in a claim for two CBs and lost out on both of them. I imagine they'll keep exploring options there. Whoever they pick up, though, is most likely going to start on the practice squad, so it isn't like they HAVE to have one TODAY.

Trades are not easy in the NFL. It's not a simple matter of snapping your fingers and making it happen. Also, I'm not sure the coaching staff is convinced they're going to find anyone better than Kirkpatrick. The guy was a first round pick, and now's the time for him to fill that role for this team. A lot of the big names out there simply don't make sense in terms of cap space. Not to mention you'd most likely have to give up someone on this roster that they value or future draft picks which they value just as much. For what, exactly? Who is it that you think they're able to go get that can come here immediately and make an impact?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals sign DE David King to the taxi squad. Former 7th round pick by Philly.

We are loaded at DE and need a CB badly, but they sign another DE? WTF is one of the DE' s we have hurt?

King was one of several DEs and DTs they worked out this week. Speculation is that Still's elbow injury will knock him out for an extended period so they are looking at d-line depth.

They're clearly trying to fill the spot with a new DB. They've put in a claim for two CBs and lost out on both of them. I imagine they'll keep exploring options there. Whoever they pick up, though, is most likely going to start on the practice squad, so it isn't like they HAVE to have one TODAY.

Unless they pluck a PS player from another team, which given that they'll have a roster spot when Hall gets IRed makes some sense

Trades are not easy in the NFL. It's not a simple matter of snapping your fingers and making it happen. Also, I'm not sure the coaching staff is convinced they're going to find anyone better than Kirkpatrick. The guy was a first round pick, and now's the time for him to fill that role for this team. A lot of the big names out there simply don't make sense in terms of cap space. Not to mention you'd most likely have to give up someone on this roster that they value or future draft picks which they value just as much. For what, exactly? Who is it that you think they're able to go get that can come here immediately and make an impact?

I get what you're saying. Didn't Pumpkin once tell us that we have no idea how hard it is to run an NFL Franchise? :-)

And I also get it that in this pass-happy age, everyone needs lots of corners, and so corners come at a premium.

That said, yeah, I think giving up draft picks and some cap space makes sense WHEN you have real aspirations of making a deep playoff run, possibly even a Super Bowl appearance. Didn't the MLB Cardinals, even though they were already a very good team, make some late season trades to pick up some quality players to help them down the stretch? Look where they are now.

and....I think this team has those aspirations...or at least at 5-2 with quality wins I sincerely HOPE they do

So - do any teams that are a) going nowhere this year B) have an experienced corner that could help us, and c) are willing to give up said corner for draft picks they need for rebuilding in the years to come?

I honestly don't have a name, but I suspect there are more than one instance of this particular circumstance around the league.

No surprise, but mort reporting tonight that Hall is being placed on IR.

Sucks donkey balls.

Pardon me while I give a very dead horse one more flog, but gawd fukkin damn it they should have thrown the vault at JJoe.

Flog over.

J Joseph isn't doing too well in Houston right now. You'd know that if your head wasn't up your ass. This forum doesn't have the dumbest posters, but it has you.

J Joseph isn't doing too well in Houston right now. You'd know that if your head wasn't up your ass. This forum doesn't have the dumbest posters, but it has you.

Sigh. This is what happens when you put internet access in group homes.

News flash: the Houston Texans aren't doing too well.

News flash II: even with that said, JJoe has one pick this season. Our entire CB corps has two.

TJ's granny could prosecute a Twitter War with more authority than you two Nancy's have displayed in here.

Sorry but you know how it is with blueridge. Once a month he leaves off tongue-wrestling with his cousin, hops in his rusted-out Ford pickup and drives down the mountain to pick up his gummit check, which he spends on beer and store brand cheese curls. And while he's in town he stops by the public library, logs in to cruise by the board and lob an insult at me, then signs off and heads back yonder for some more close kin nookie.

So check back in a month...

Sigh. This is what happens when you put internet access in group homes.

News flash: the Houston Texans aren't doing too well.

News flash II: even with that said, JJoe has one pick this season. Our entire CB corps has two.

Yea 2 ints that's just horrible!

TJ's granny could prosecute a Twitter War with more authority than you two Nancy's have displayed in here.

Sorry but you know how it is with blueridge. Once a month he leaves off tongue-wrestling with his cousin, hops in his rusted-out Ford pickup and drives down the mountain to pick up his gummit check, which he spends on beer and store brand cheese curls. And while he's in town he stops by the public library, logs in to cruise by the board and lob an insult at me, then signs off and heads back yonder for some more close kin nookie.

So check back in a month...

Hoosier has done redeemed himself in the Twitter War. It's official, the Overlords of the World's Wide Web have ruled.

I didn't like losing JJoe but if you looked at him then compared to Hall he had more injury issue's and was never strong against the run. Must be Bengal fate that once we locked down Leon he's had 2 major injuries. JJoe's comments after leaving sounded like he really didn't want to be here. I don't see trading for a cb. I'd like to see them deal Whalen. He seems like the one to go for Hawkins return.

Hmm

Moderator vs Non-Moderator

Anyone wanna call the win?

I'm not a betting man,Ahh who I am I kidding 50 bucks on Hoosier.

Let's have some fun,This beat is sick I wanna take a ride on your Ban stick

You want to ride on Hoosier's stick? He'd better hope you look like your signature.

Hmm

Moderator vs Non-Moderator

Anyone wanna call the win?

I'm not a betting man,Ahh who I am I kidding 50 bucks on Hoosier.

Let's have some fun,This beat is sick I wanna take a ride on your Ban stick

You want to ride on Hoosier's stick? He'd better hope you look like your signature.

Yeah, that's about the only way that's gonna happen! :lol: