53 Man Roster as is.

Kazkal

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis-Harris resigned to the PS.

QB Robinson & FB Pressley removed from PUP and are now eligible to practice. They start the three week roster exemption today.

Their time should be up soon. It will interesting to see what they do. I am wondering if Mr. O'Charles gets walked soon. If Pressley is healthy and can contribute at FB, then the O'Charles experiment may be done. Alex Smith has been playing that part and Charles has never evolved into that H-back threat we kept hearing about.

(Note to self...shin-kick the next person that thinks the H-back position will work here) :chair:/>

QB Robinson & FB Pressley removed from PUP and are now eligible to practice. They start the three week roster exemption today.

Their time should be up soon. It will interesting to see what they do. I am wondering if Mr. O'Charles gets walked soon. If Pressley is healthy and can contribute at FB, then the O'Charles experiment may be done. Alex Smith has been playing that part and Charles has never evolved into that H-back threat we kept hearing about.

(Note to self...shin-kick the next person that thinks the H-back position will work here) :chair:/>/>/>/>/>

I'll hold 'em for you. And I'm sure Army will be glad to contribute a swift kick to the crotch.

It never ceases to amaze me how resistant this coaching staff is to the run. I have absolutely no idea where anyone gets the idea that Marvin & Co. are committed to running the ball. They are not and they never, ever have been. In the Palmer years, it was all about the pass. The one year they were forced to run the ball, 2009, because all our receivers were garbage, they made they playoffs. And then what? in 2010 they couldn't abandon that power run game fast enough. They have repeatedly tried to eliminate the fullback spot, first with Coats and now with Charles. And of course, this week they are hemming and hawing about keeping Whit at guard, despite the obvious benefits to the run game.

Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks, arguably the league's best team at the moment and the team with the best record in football, got their how? That's right, by running the ball.

So. ****ing. Frustrating.

I'd really, really like to understand the logic of having two centers simultaneously on the PS

So just to be clear, Mr. GIMME A LINEMAN is complaining about signing a lineman?

Just no satisfying some people... :P/>

well, you need some of the other guys too, you know, the fast guys, the guy that throws the ball (whatever thats called) and etc etc

(Note to self...shin-kick the next person that thinks the H-back position will work here) :chair:/>/>/>/>/>/>

I'll hold 'em for you. And I'm sure Army will be glad to contribute a swift kick to the crotch.

It never ceases to amaze me how resistant this coaching staff is to the run. I have absolutely no idea where anyone gets the idea that Marvin & Co. are committed to running the ball. They are not and they never, ever have been. In the Palmer years, it was all about the pass. The one year they were forced to run the ball, 2009, because all our receivers were garbage, they made they playoffs. And then what? in 2010 they couldn't abandon that power run game fast enough. They have repeatedly tried to eliminate the fullback spot, first with Coats and now with Charles. And of course, this week they are hemming and hawing about keeping Whit at guard, despite the obvious benefits to the run game.

Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks, arguably the league's best team at the moment and the team with the best record in football, got their how? That's right, by running the ball.

So. ****ing. Frustrating.

I'm definitely on the same page with you in wanting a strong rushing attack. One quibble: there is definitely a trend in the NFL AWAY from a traditional (tailback-centered) running offense. The top 3 rushing offenses (Was, Phi, Sea) all have mobile QBs where they pick up a lot of their yardage (close to 500 yds/). Seattle, in particular, has galled me all season as a fantasy Marshawn Lynch owner. They constantly use Lynch as a decoy to open up the pass or bootleg for Wilson, esp at the goaline.

I'm definitely on the same page with you in wanting a strong rushing attack. One quibble: there is definitely a trend in the NFL AWAY from a traditional (tailback-centered) running offense. The top 3 rushing offenses (Was, Phi, Sea) all have mobile QBs where they pick up a lot of their yardage (close to 500 yds/). Seattle, in particular, has galled me all season as a fantasy Marshawn Lynch owner. They constantly use Lynch as a decoy to open up the pass or bootleg for Wilson, esp at the goaline.

True dat. Still, even factoring out Wilson's runs Seattle is still very balanced, 316 passing attempts to 306 rushing attempts. The Bengals, meanwhile, now sit at 434 passing attempts versus 357 rushes, and the numbers get even more lopsided if you subtract Dalton's 45 rushes, most of which are scrambles after a pass attempt breaks down.

As an aside, I think that's something that doesn't get enough attention in the Great Dalton Debate: they have asked him to throw 500+ times a year since day one. Dalton. Right now, Dalton is 23 attempts away from 1,500 regular season attempts, so he will probably pass that mark sometime in the second or third quarter of Sunday's game. And there's still three games left; he could hit 1,600 career regular season attempts this year.

Just as a benchmark, under the old Bombs-Away-Bratkowski regime, Carson's three-year regular season record was 1,604 attempts in 2005-07.

• 2 weeks later...

Not looking good

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

Also Newman still not practicing #Bengals

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

Eifert, An.Smith, Al.Smith, Burfict, Vinny Rey, Gresham, Kirkpatrick all sitting. Remember though it is Tuesday #Bengals

If you're keeping score at home, your only healthy TE is Orson, who we've been told is a fullback, and Kirkpatrick is hurtin' again

Not looking good

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

Eifert, An.Smith, Al.Smith, Burfict, Vinny Rey, Gresham, Kirkpatrick all sitting. Remember though it is Tuesday #Bengals

If you're keeping score at home:

--your only healthy TE is Orson, who we've been told is actually a fullback

--Kirkpatrick is hurtin' again

--all three who got hurt in the last game are sitting

Not looking good

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 9m

If you're keeping score at home:

--your only healthy TE is Orson, who we've been told is actually a fullback

--Kirkpatrick is hurtin' again

--all three who got hurt in the last game are sitting

At this point, letting players rest and get healthy is the most important thing. I'm not concerned by any of them except Kirkpatrick. He's on my poopoo list.