PFTs Bengals Mt. Rushmore

HoosierCat

The vote is on:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/24/bengals-mt-rushmore-debuts-on-tuesday/

I went with PB, Kenny, Munoz and Issac. Seemed like a no-brainer to me (esp. since they apparently left Ken Riley out...again).

Have to agree with Hoosier on this one.

I see people who want to vote Chad Johnson and newer players on, but that is probably because they don't know the older guys.

After PB, Munoz, Anderson, and Curtis it's a little more debateable, but that's only because Riley isn't on that list.

Unreal to leave a guy like Riley off. Someone must have been on crack to miss him.

4 different headshots of the guy to the left (including that one)

:lmao:

I wouldn't expect anything else of you, TJ.

I still say the Bengals Mt. Flushmore would be more difficult. Obviously, Mike Brown heads the list. And it's hard not to include the organization's two most notorious quitters, Carson Palmer and Bruce Coslet. But who's number four?

Dave Shula?

Corey Dillon?

Stanley Wilson?

Ochobozo?

Carl Pickens?

Akili? Klingler? Jack "the Throwin' Samoan" Thompson?

Odell?

Pollack?

The dead guy PB took (unknowingly) in the expansion draft?

Big Daddy?

Victoria C?

The list is endless...unfortunately.

I never saw him play, but I've come to wonder about Ken Riley. Was he an interception gobbler simply because he was thrown at often (meaning he gave up big plays often)? That's a mark of a bad corner disguised as a good one, a la DeAngelo Hall or Antonio Cromartie.

*gets banned* tongue.gif

Riley had great anticipation and good hands, though Lamar Parrish was arguably more instinctive. It didn't hurt that Riley was a former Florida QB and a Rhodes Scholar. What's kind of interesting is that his career almost equally spans the dead and live ball eras. The Sixties and Seventies up through 1977 were famous for a lack of scoring. In 1978 the league changed the rules so defenders could no longer pants and butt rape receivers at the line, and scoring went up accordingly. Riley had 61 career interceptions, 32 in the dead ball era and 29 in the love ball era.

Florio, being an ultra-dumbass, selected Anderson, Dillon, Chad and Munoz. He needs to cut down on the crack.

Fans voted for PB, Munoz, Anderson and Boomer. Norman most definitely does not belong but at least the masses showed more sense.

Dillon was a great player while here, but wasn't enough to get the Bengals to even sniff at the post season.

Add to that the way he left the organization and it's simply a slap in the face to consider him.

Chad ?? His numbers while "Johnson", sleeping at the stadium, were just sick and headed towards being one of the all time greats.

He lost his mind, became "Ochocinco" and he became the punchline of every bad football joke told. Sad, pathetic, laughingstock.

Not someone worthy of this consideration.

Boomer ?? At least he led the team to one of their two Super Bowls.

Outside of that, he's a dick. Yes, I've met him and he comes off as a real arrogant prick.

Curtis being an afterthought is probably due to him being an older player that the younger crowd simply isn't familiar with.

He changed the way his part of the game was played. Yeah, THAT kind of impact. Not to mention being dominant.

For any younger guys here, go look him up. One of the most underrated Bengals of all time.

Then there's Ken Riley.

How this guy gets a snub of this magnitude is mind blowing. Not even listed ??

3 out of 4 isn't bad I suppose...

Florio, being an ultra-dumbass, selected Anderson, Dillon, Chad and Munoz. He needs to cut down on the crack.

Fans voted for PB, Munoz, Anderson and Boomer. Norman most definitely does not belong but at least the masses showed more sense.

Dillon and Chad? Insulting. Basically just a glance at the career stat sheet. Neither guy would be in my top 7 or 8 Bengals.

I haven't looked at any of this, but I am interested in what his rationale was for Dillon and Chad.

It had to be based on stats and nothing else, but as mentioned, they both became an embarrassment to this organization.

Seems kind of odd to select those types of guys.

Arguments could be made for many other players ahead of them and that's not due to any hate.

It's just the way it is.

So one of the greatest offensive lineman of all time, one who most still hold as the prototype for the position, a Hall of Famer, was just blocking ??

Talking about making a statement allowing anyone and everyone to question your credibility. Good God that's just stupid.