Dave Lapham comments

jjakq27

I attended a high school sports stag yesterday with Dave Lapham as the featured speaker. As usual, Dave had some great stories and insight form the past and present. I am paraphrasing but some of his comments and topics included. Some are obvious to all but he expanded on them quite a bit:

-He was also drafted by the WFL and Canadian Football League

-on Draft Day he received a phone call from the Cleveland Browns telling him he was their next pick but when the call came thru it was the Bengals instead

-Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens were not good people

-Big Daddy was lazy

-He would resign Big Dre but not at his price.

-He believes his agent promised him $9M and the market is well below that now

-The Bengals have focused on drafting good people not just good athletes

-The training camp after Super Bowl 16, they ran their goal line offense every day early in practice

-Cris Collinsworth was a very tough guy. Wasn't afraid to go after the ball over the middle

-Mrs. Palmer was a big reason that Mr. Palmer wanted to leave town.

-Carson had as good an arm as Lap had ever seen. Then the knee and elbow injuries wrecked him

-He called the Carson trade, "the gift that keeps on giving"

All around it was a real treat to listen to him. If anyone else was there, please feel free to add or adjust anything here

Thanks AB. A couple of other notes about Carson.

He mentioned that Carson never declined an interview request after the game as many or most had done to Dave. He told him that he wouldn't do the Monday show with him because that was his family time but always had time for him regardless of how bad the game might have been.

He also said he understands how people are still upset at Carson but that he is basically a decent guy that was never the same after the injuries and his wife's desire to move closer to home.

His wife, while maybe a good person in general, kills me.

I just don't understand that line of thought when you are making that kind of money.

It makes her come across as a real bitch.

I also don't think Carson handled that situation the best either.

While I didn't need a full blown community town hall event, a little information would have been nice.

Instead he just came across as an ungrateful little dick.

True dat....he could have been a little more open about things but it just doesn't seem to be part of his personality. I always found him rather bland and inexpressive even during the good times so I would expect no less during the bad times.

One funny story was about Carl Pickens and how he had expressed his commitment to the the team first rather than his own stats etc. Then during the game he had been double teamed and used as a decoy until the end of the game. He had a couple of catches including the game winner but his yardage was in the teens. After the game he refused Dave's interview request and Dave called him a phony because of his earlier comments. As you can imagine, CP didn't appreciate Dave's remarks. He had a similar issue with Big Daddy when he questioned his work ethic and attitude during a broadcast. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for those conversations.

Fly on the wall indeed.

When it boils down to it, these are still kids.

Million or close kids, but kids nonetheless and they are relatively clueless about what it means to be professional.

And just because you player "professional" football, doesn't mean you are in fact professional.

Anyway, little would suprise me in regards to stories like these.

I always felt like Carson's wife drove that whole situation. She packed up their toddler age twins and moved back to California in the middle of the season during the 2010 debacle season, that about says it all. Keep your pimp hand strong, Carson!

just f**king shut up morons

carson and his wife made right choice. family come first and job come second, if my job cause unhappy in my family for some reason i would quit yesterday. you guys are worldest moron people i ever met, in fact if i talk to you in real life, i promise you that you WONT be my friend. but i am stuck with you morons here because i want bengals news and some good feedback. not this comment from dumb drunkard man who think wife have no say in anything. i put up with this s**t 2 years ago because i understand you all angry that he left bengals but still holding grudge to today, GROW UP.

army, sad that u dont understand family and think money come first, i used to be from illinois, and now i am in arizona for only 1 f**king reason, to be closer to my brother and my mom, FAMILY is the most important thing in world. nothing else in world is more important than them.

if i was offered 1 billion but with understand i never see my family ever again or being a bum but see my family everyday, i pick 2nd one easily.

please just ban me from this site so i can have peace by never read this s**t again. i cant stop myself from come here because i want bengals news but you people keep on pissed me off and be disgusting all time.

army by the way your f**k _____ to many things is low life crap. it is most stupidest thing i ever see and sad part is people here on forum love it, it show how low life u all are.

since billy isnt around to calm me down, sometime thur PM, i think i will be like this until he is out of jail.

carson and his wife made right choice. family come first and job come second, if my job cause unhappy in my family for some reason i would quit yesterday. you guys are worldest moron people i ever met, in fact if i talk to you in real life, i promise you that you WONT be my friend. but i am stuck with you morons here because i want bengals news and some good feedback. not this comment from dumb drunkard man who think wife have no say in anything. i put up with this s**t 2 years ago because i understand you all angry that he left bengals but still holding grudge to today, GROW UP.

army, sad that u dont understand family and think money come first, i used to be from illinois, and now i am in arizona for only 1 f**king reason, to be closer to my brother and my mom, FAMILY is the most important thing in world. nothing else in world is more important than them.

if i was offered 1 billion but with understand i never see my family ever again or being a bum but see my family everyday, i pick 2nd one easily.

please just ban me from this site so i can have peace by never read this s**t again. i cant stop myself from come here because i want bengals news but you people keep on pissed me off and be disgusting all time.

army by the way your f**k _____ to many things is low life crap. it is most stupidest thing i ever see and sad part is people here on forum love it, it show how low life u all are.

since billy isnt around to calm me down, sometime thur PM, i think i will be like this until he is out of jail.

OOOOooohhhhh.... somebody's tired !!!

I like this forum because of the variety of opinion it gives. I'm not so arrogant to think my point of view is the only point of view or that I am always correct, - I'm happy to consider other folks slant on things - all part of the education of being here.

I think you need to calm down when others have an opinion. You like Carson I get it, but at the same time you don't have to read what people write if you don't like it. I mean come on what do you expect people to say here?

s**t just got real up in here! Dim, if Carson would have laid down the law to his ball and chain the way you just did to Bengalszone, I might have a little respect for him. Instead, his wife makes him wear a XXXL Princess Jasmine dress around the house so he can look like the little girl he actually is.

What I think you fail to understand is that most people here are not upset that Carson left, but how he did it. If he had said that his family was the reason he wanted out, then we may have had more respect for him. He didn't. He's also wanted out with two different teams now. If his wife had something to do with that also, then I think the family reason is a load of crap. And if you need someone else to calm you down all the time, then maybe you shouldn't be on here. I thought we all could act like adults here, but I guess someone is still young enough where he can't get his own emotions under control.

Also

when you marry the guy who makes the donuts, you know you're in for and must accept that he's working third shift and will come home smelling like a bakery every morning

when you marry a guy who is a long haul trucker, you know you're in for and must accept that he'll be gone for long stretches

when you marry a guy who is a professional football player, you know you're in for and must accept that he'll be in the public eye and subject to public criticism, and that you'll have to move to whatever city the team he is a part of is located. At least in this case, unlike the other two, your tolerance is rewarded with millions of dollars.

Dim, I really hope you can stick around because that was hilarious! :lmao:

Ah. I see things are getting back to normal...

...funny how this s**t always happens in threads that turn to the subject of Carson Palmer.

Lets cut out the name calling. No one is a low life and everyone gets the importance of family.

Carry on.

Hey Dim ?? Are you paying attention ?? GO F*CK YOURSELF !!!

You don't know anything about anyone here and base your opinions on a bunch of crap that people write here on the board.

You must be a sad little man and I could care less what you think is or isn't funny.

I never said money was more important than family and if you can show me where I did, I will be MORE than willing to apologize and say that I don't agree with my lapse of thought at the time.

What I did say is that his wife should have supported him in his career, especially when that career is allowing her and their kids to live the type of life they have become accustomed to. You understand that right ?? His multi million dollar contracts and his profession allow them to live the life they have ?? She should have supported him and he should have been more forthcoming with a fanbase that supported him to no end.

Low life ?? Like the kind of people that spend better than half their lives fighting for their country while their wife and children hope they come home alive ?? That kind of low life ?? You don't know anything in regards to how I view family, but will tell you I have a greater respect for family than you could probably fathom. I gave up an entire career I knew my whole life, then turned down a new lucrative career to move across the country to be with my family as well. You know, after my mother passed away at a young age and my brother was killed just so I could take care of my elderly father and all of his medical concerns. So forgive me for offending your little feelings.

Go ahead and take from that what you will, but please stop with the holier than thou crap Dim.

I could make all kinds of assumptions about you based on your responses here, but I don't know you so I don't do that.

Normally I would do this through PM's, but you took the shot and I responded here likewise.

I won't respond in this thread any further and if you wish to have a conversation through PM, I would be more than happy.

One last comment on the original topic. Lapham did say he wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals traded down once or twice due to the depth and equal rating of quality players down to 100. If their guy or guys are all gone, don't be surprised to see them drop down.