Hue Jackson Named RB Coach, Special Assistant to Marvin

HoosierCat

Yeah, hanging onto him was a big plus this offseason.

Surely, they assume Gruden is gone sooner rather than later, and keeping Hue stashed away and happy in any way that they can is good news for them.

Or, maybe they're still setting up for that infamous "Marving to GM" solution people keep mentioning. tongue.gif

I have to wonder if it's a shot across Paul Alexander's bow, since he's currently OL/Assistant Head Coach. Way back in 2003 the rumor was that Alexander got the AHC title to keep him from walking after Lewis was chosen as head coach. Apparently he wanted the job and threatened to leave when he didn't get it. Now, whether that's true, and whether giving him the title was Marvin's idea or the front office's, I dunno.

But I have to think that whatever the case, it has to be obvious to Alexander now that he has no hope of ever getting the top spot. If Gruden and Zimmer getting HC interviews over the last two years weren't bad enough, now a former HC and friend o' Marvin is the "special assistant" to the HC. Throw in the fact that they paid former OL coach and Paul's teacher Jim McNally to evaluate prospects last year, and I have to think the organization is strongly hinting that it's time to move on. (Yes, of course they could just cut him loose but he's been here 18 years and towed the company line the whole time, and we all know what kind of loyal Mike Brown is: to a fault.)

• 4 weeks later...

it has to be obvious to Alexander now that he has no hope of ever getting the top spot. If Gruden and Zimmer getting HC interviews over the last two years weren't bad enough, now a former HC and friend o' Marvin is the "special assistant" to the HC. Throw in the fact that they paid former OL coach and Paul's teacher Jim McNally to evaluate prospects last year, and I have to think the organization is strongly hinting that it's time to move on.

The plank is out .... now all Mr Alexander has to do is walk it !!

All Alexander has to do is look, I'm certain he'd find an O-line job out there somewhere. In spite of what we think of him, he's pretty well respected in the league. So he should really start looking for that job. Like right this instant. Please.

All Alexander has to do is look, I'm certain he'd find an O-line job out there somewhere. In spite of what we think of him, he's pretty well respected in the league. So he should really start looking for that job. Like right this instant. Please.

I would like to cosign this post in complete agreement !!!

:sure:

Speaking of Paul, Geoffrey of Hobson has an Alexander puff piece up on the site which contains this gem:

"Richie Braham," Alexander says now almost wistfully. "He was blocking me with a bag and the first time I said, 'C'mon, don't be nice to me because I'm a coach. Punch me.' And he punched me. Richie was the best puncher I've ever seen. He dropped me like a gum wrapper. When I got up I said, 'I've got to have this guy.' "

I think if Mike Brown sold raffle tickets with the top prize being a chance to punch Paul Alexander, he'd make a mint.

Speaking of Paul, Geoffrey of Hobson has an Alexander puff piece up on the site which contains this gem:

"Richie Braham," Alexander says now almost wistfully. "He was blocking me with a bag and the first time I said, 'C'mon, don't be nice to me because I'm a coach. Punch me.' And he punched me. Richie was the best puncher I've ever seen. He dropped me like a gum wrapper. When I got up I said, 'I've got to have this guy.' "

I think if Mike Brown sold raffle tickets with the top prize being a chance to punch Paul Alexander, he'd make a mint.

why stop there.....earn the big money by raffling off a chance to punch.....Mike Brown

you know that scene in the first Airplane movie where the woman passenger starts to panic and someone slaps her, and they pan wider to show a line of folks with various weapons awaiting their turn?

yeah

like that

Hamilton County taxpayers get a bonus second punch