Whitworth Having Knee Scoped

ArmyBengal

So the news out of Bengals camp is that Whitworth has some scar tissue in his need and is going to have things cleaned out. Sounds like nothing very complicated, but will miss all the spring practices with plans to be ready for for training camp. Even though this doesn't appear uber concerning, this is the type of thing i'm talking about in regards to our depth on the o-line.

If this takes longer than expected, and lets not pretend knee procedures are not of concern, we are looking at Anthony Collins getting the starters reps and who behind him ?? We've all seen just how quickly o-linemen start to lose steps and once the knee issues pop up, those steps become larger at a faster rate.

I'm hoping there is no concern and Whit is back at it real quick, but the o-line depth worries me.

I'm tired of hoping we don't suffer injuries due to the lack of depth at certain positions.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Whit-looks-forward-to-pain-free-13-Pistol-Primer/26ec4ff0-9d57-4dd4-a710-ac2373589bfd

I think this is good news in that this would explain some of Whit's issues this year. Let's face it, there were times that he was a step slow. This is a minor deal and he's got plenty of time to get right. As for depth on the O-line, we can use some, especially at the tackle positions. If we re-sign big 'Dre I think we'll be fine with Wharton coming back in the picture. I would like to see that center out of Alabama (Barrett Jones) as our #1 pick

This is a minor deal and he's got plenty of time to get right.

It is a minor deal providing A) what the Bengals are saying about the "injury" is accurate, B) the procedure goes to plan and doesn't cause/flag up any other issues, and C) the recovery is unimpeded by "complications".

It'd be interesting to see, if the damage is worse than being reported, how this will affect the draft selection

From what i've read, he didn't think it was serious enough to miss a chance to play in the Pro Bowl.

It was something bothering him for quite some time apparently.

I believe it goes back to 2011. IIRC Whit had a knee procedure after last season, too. It's to be expected in a tackle going into his 8th season who has played in 106 of a possible 112 regular-season games.

ESPN just reported that the arthroscope used in Whit's surgery has been in a 2-year online relationship with Manti Teo. Teo supposedly thought the surgical instrument was a 20-year-old Tri Delt at Washington State.

That's heartbreaking to hear, poor Manti.

Speaking of Manti...

In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo admits that, from his perspective, the relationship with T’eo was romantic.

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,’’ McGraw told NBC’s Today. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’’’

Speaking of Manti...

In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo admits that, from his perspective, the relationship with T’eo was romantic.

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,’’ McGraw told NBC’s Today. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’’’

This is getting stranger by the minute. So this alleged girlfriend is now a dude? :blink:

I have no problems with people of the same sex wanting to be together and all, but I didn't see this coming.