Darrelle Revis on the trading block

WonderfulMonds

It seems like the Jets are heavily considering trading him.

Is there a fit there for the Bengals? Would it definitely require a 1st rounder to get him?

The Jets are under the gun money wise. I wouldn't be surprised they would try to unload some of it, but I would start with Sanchez and Tebow.

Is there a fit there for the Bengals? Would it definitely require a 1st rounder to get him?

The Jets are under the gun money wise. I wouldn't be surprised they would try to unload some of it, but I would start with Sanchez and Tebow.

Everything I've read so far indicates that Tebow is already out the door, and Sanchez is not far behind.

Everything I've read so far indicates that Tebow is already out the door, and Sanchez is not far behind.

I just can't see the Jets getting any trade value out of those two. My guess is they'll simply be cut.

I'd happily give up our 2013 3rd rounder for Revis and his salary and his unsure leg

I'd pass even at that price. His knee is about wrecked, and every year he bitches about money. We've got a good locker room now, no need to bring on a super high paid vet who will set the tone for the season by not showing up for training camp.

I'd happily give up our 2013 3rd rounder for Revis and his salary and his unsure leg

I'd pass even at that price. His knee is about wrecked, and every year he bitches about money. We've got a good locker room now, no need to bring on a super high paid vet who will set the tone for the season by not showing up for training camp.

How is his knee anything even resembling about wrecked?

You'd give up a 1st rounder, who we'd control for at least 4 yrs, for a guy coming off major knee surgery who is only under contract for the 2013 season? Wow, you are quite the riverboat gambler

How is his knee anything even resembling about wrecked?

Your mom told me that.

You'd give up a 1st rounder, who we'd control for at least 4 yrs, for a guy coming off major knee surgery who is only under contract for the 2013 season? Wow, you are quite the riverboat gambler

3rd rounder

any personnel decision is a gamble, to be sure, but a 3rd rounder for a player who has quite recently been arguably the best at his position at a spot where we have tons of age - that seems like a fairly good gamble to me. Naturally, there are details to be handled like getting him signed long term for reasonable coin as a part of said trade, as there would be with almost any trade

any personnel decision is a gamble, to be sure, but a 3rd rounder for a player who has quite recently been arguably the best at his position at a spot where we have tons of age - that seems like a good fairly good gamble to me. Naturally, there are details to be handled like getting him signed long term for reasonable coin as a part of said trade, as there would be with almost any trade

Fair enough but I've seen no indication that the Jets are considering moving him for a 3rd rounder

any personnel decision is a gamble, to be sure, but a 3rd rounder for a player who has quite recently been arguably the best at his position at a spot where we have tons of age - that seems like a good fairly good gamble to me. Naturally, there are details to be handled like getting him signed long term for reasonable coin as a part of said trade, as there would be with almost any trade

Fair enough but I've seen no indication that the Jets are considering moving him for a 3rd rounder

Sure, but that was before TJ set the market.

Sure, but that was before TJ set the market.

Yep, thats me, NFL trend-setter

even IF it was possible ...(Bengals prepared to spend the coin, medics happy with his knee, Revis wanting to come to Cincy) ..I still don't see it happening.

Historically we never put together a package that would make the Bengals seem like a tempting, viable option for a vet (exc Scott Mitchell and Michael Westbrook who were drab).

I'll roll over and go back to sleep and not waste my time thinking this will even be a consideration

Revis is a headcase always bitching about money and we don't need that.

An extremely talented headcase, but haven't we been down that road ??

Don't we know how the story ends ??

The next thing you know he would change his name to a language representing his number that really doesn't translate into his number.

Then I would be posting every other time with, "F*CK YOU DARRELLE !!!"

Wouldn't that be a hoot ??