Repent for the End of the World is Nigh!

HoosierCat

Don't forget that Mike is pushing 80 and Pete Brown isn't much younger. I can easily see the two of them retiring and handing their titles over to Katie and Paul Jr. At that point I could see Katie bringing in someone like, say, Bill Polian, who has known the family for a long time.

I really don't see the Marvin-to-GM thing at all.

Don't forget that Mike is pushing 80 and Pete Brown isn't much younger. I can easily see the two of them retiring and handing their titles over to Katie and Paul Jr. At that point I could see Katie bringing in someone like, say, Bill Polian, who has known the family for a long time.

Well Polian does talk alot of good things about the Bengals. I read a report where he turned down the Jets. That would be a great thing seeing Polian here.

Make Marv GM and make Zimmer head coach. I will be SHOCKED if they hire a GM.

That is the only way I see it happening.

i thought this was going to happen when gruden pulled his name out of HC jobs last season. zim did not start interviewing for HC jobs until gruden pulled out. i felt that was interesting last season. if it does happen, i expect gruden not zim to take over for marvin. i just think gruden is the better option of the 2. don't get me wrong i like zim and think he would do fine. gruden has been very successful at every level. i think he would make a great HC.

Make Marv GM and make Zimmer head coach. I will be SHOCKED if they hire a GM.

That is the only way I see it happening.

i thought this was going to happen when gruden pulled his name out of HC jobs last season. zim did not start interviewing for HC jobs until gruden pulled out. i felt that was interesting last season. if it does happen, i expect gruden not zim to take over for marvin. i just think gruden is the better option of the 2. don't get me wrong i like zim and think he would do fine. gruden has been very successful at every level. i think he would make a great HC.

I don't think that there is any chance that it happens that way. Marvin doesn't want to wrap up coaching yet.

I can certainly see Marvin replacing someone like Lippincott, for a # of reasons (if he wants to get out of coaching soon), but have no idea how likely or not that is to happen.

Well, if you believe the rumor mill there are double-secret probation clauses in Marvin's contract that say if certain goals are met he gets some kind of GM gig. I'm just not sold on Lewis as GM. I'm nowhere near as down on "Mediocre Marv" as some are, but what exactly has he done to deserve that kind of promotion?

Well, if you believe the rumor mill there are double-secret probation clauses in Marvin's contract that say if certain goals are met he gets some kind of GM gig. I'm just not sold on Lewis as GM. I'm nowhere near as down on "Mediocre Marv" as some are, but what exactly has he done to deserve that kind of promotion?

Well, take the poor clock management and useless timeouts out of things and add that motivating type guy people like to talk about to the front office and they might be onto something. Let Zimmer take over as head coach and bring in another defensive guy to run things.

Marvin's tenure here probably makes him the only person MB would be comfortable with holding that title.

You know, that's not a family member of course.