Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

walzav29

Thank you Bengals for the great Christmas present. It don't get any better than beating the Steelers at Pitt "and" knocking them out of the playoffs....:)

that 4th and 22 was unforgivable. I don't know how/why that would even occur. Totally insane.

I actually don't mind that call. Your D has been playing lights out, the 51-yarder is a coin flip at best and punt likely goes into the end zone and gets you minimal yards.

On top of that you're a team that hasn't had back-to-back playoffs in 30 years. Really, what do you have to lose? Don't we always yell at coaches of 2-13 teams who punt down 3 with 2 minutes left? Same deal.

That said I would not have gone for the 56 yard attempt. That was nuts.

that 4th and 22 was unforgivable. I don't know how/why that would even occur. Totally insane.

I actually don't mind that call. Your D has been playing lights out, the 51-yarder is a coin flip at best and punt likely goes into the end zone and gets you minimal yards.

On top of that you're a team that hasn't had back-to-back playoffs in 30 years. Really, what do you have to lose? Don't we always yell at coaches of 2-13 teams who punt down 3 with 2 minutes left? Same deal.

I think that is my issue. You take the 51 yarder... You DONT take the 56 yarder.

Coaching in bizarro world today I guess.

Quick coment about Pitt. They are not a very good team right now. Their D plays very well but they essentially are poor. Which is funny, because on paper they "look" like a good team. They aint.

Please rip up your man card and throw it in the fire place. I'm tired of these idiot Marvin Lewis calls, and somehow he gets off the hook. In the Dallas game he didn't let Nugent try a 52 yard FG at home and went for it on 4th and 19!!! They got a penalty that gave them a first down...

Today he turns down a 51 yard FG, and goes for it on 4th and 22. Dude, this isn't Madden Football. Hell, it's a dumb move on Madden Football. This is real life where millions of dollars are on the line. Player bonuses, playoff tickets, all kinds of stuff, and here is a jackoff in Marvin Lewis, not challenging a Heath Miller dropped pass, then the next play he calls time out. If he was going to wastes a f**king time out, he should have at least challenged the play! He does it week after week. I think there is something mentally wrong with him, seriously. Any man who's kicker just made a FG to send them to the playoffs for consecutive years, and he can't even crack a f**king smile on the sidelines, has mental problems. That's like autism isn't it? Where they can't feel emotions correctly? I'm being serious, how can that happen and he show NO emotions.

Have seldom been happier as a Bengals fan.

Seldom.

I didn't mind 4th and 22.

The field goal attempt from 56 yards out was the single worst in-game coaching decision I have ever seen.

I can't believe that Tomlin matched it a short time later.

Can't believe the Bengals finally won one of these.

...since Cook came back, theyve given up 12 sacks in two games, and run like s**t. Coincidence?

I'm with you on that, I like cook, but not playing all year he just dosnt look right. Play the guy who was playing, and winning, and they were able to move the ball. It's like there going backwards! Why break up what was working.

Its funny that the Offense really didn't play well, and thee were even more missed opportunities from the D. dropped INT's, Dunlap and others didn't have a top-nothc game.

There is no limit to how this team could play. I think they match up well against Denver and NE. Not so much against Houston...but thats OK.

If this team could get a guy like Matt Forte or MJD (or another of that caliber)...watch the F out.

Not a huge fan of Cook necessarily, but the Steelers D is no joke. Just saying.

Agree but Cook always has trouble with the big guys... Ngata and Hampton qualify as big guys...

I think it was a mistake to get him back in there and disrupt O-line chemistry.

Hampton is old, slow, and often hurt. Cook got thrown around like a rag doll and made many wrong blitz audible calls. One of which got Dalton killed on like the 2 play of the game. He had Whitworth blocking down on the DT and having the backside guard trying to block the OLB. :frustrated:

Robinson should have been in the game no longer than the second quarter.

Never been happier to say I was wrong.

The defense is just awesome to watch. The offense, not so much.

The 56 yard FG ranks as one of the worst calls I have ever seen. EVER.

Geno Atkins not being DPOY is just ridiculous.

He, not Marshawn Lynch, is the true meaning of BEAST MODE !!!

Can they please just get Cook a spot on the bench and leave him there?

He defines SUCK.

Yup. Its funny, check Steelers forums and right now they want Haley's head on a platter and are calling for the team to draft a new QB in April. Last time I checked, tho, Bengals D was no joke either. Same knee jerk, different team.

Yup. Its funny, check Steelers forums and right now they want Haley's head on a platter and are calling for the team to draft a new QB in April. Last time I checked, tho, Bengals D was no joke either. Same knee jerk, different team.

It's not really knee jerk for Bengal's fans. Ever since they activated Cook and started working him into games, the performance of the line as a whole has gone down. With PFF I don't want to see Cook's numbers, I want to see the numbers of the whole line while cook is in verses Robinson. It's not going to be even close. Robinson IS an anchor.