Bengals @ Chargers Game Thread

TJJackson

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear when Dalton gets in trouble there are no options near the LOS. No dump off at all.

I didn't see any on that play, but you will also rarely see him looking in more than one direction downfield, he misses guys all the time.

I'm not saying Dalton is dumb, but he sucks at checking off of intended receivers when they are covered. He also has horrible pocket awareness and the ability to find his hot read.

I swear when Dalton gets in trouble there are no options near the LOS. No dump off at all.

I didn't see any on that play, but you will also rarely see him looking in more than one direction downfield, he misses guys all the time.

More often than not, watching him command a play, as compared to a guy like Brees or Rogers, or even a guy like Bradford or Stafford, he just does not cycle through progressions. Protection or not, it seems like its a one-option look playcall. If the guy is covered, then it simply breaks down...and with no outlet planned.

More often than not, watching him command a play, as compared to a guy like Brees or Rogers, or even a guy like Bradford or Stafford, he just does not cycle through progressions. Protection or not, it seems like its a one-option look playcall. If the guy is covered, then it simply breaks down...and with no outlet planned.

He's not being asked to. That was part of Jay Gruden's simplification of the O after the four game skid. Its all about the pre-snap read.