Raiders @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

ArmyBengal

Steelers lost - final

How'd the Steelers fumble 8 times (losing 5) and throw 5 picks? And how did all this only leave to a six point Brown victory?

The Browns offense is simply terrible. They only team they had any luck with was (of course) the Bengals in the second clash when they hung 34 on us (and even that included a pick six, so the O only generated 27 of those points). Cleveland has been held to 20 or fewer points 8 times and 16 or fewer 6 times, this year.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers lost - final

How'd the Steelers fumble 8 times (losing 5) and throw 5 picks? And how did all this only leave to a six point Brown victory?

The Browns offense is simply terrible. They only team they had any luck with was (of course) the Bengals in the second clash when they hung 34 on us (and even that included a pick six, so the O only generated 27 of those points). Cleveland has been held to 20 or fewer points 8 times and 16 or fewer 6 times, this year.

only way the turds win, when the other team self destructs. they still suck and will for a long time. weeden is a joke and not going to improve at his ceiling. trent is a beast who will leave when contract is up. maybe even pull a palmer! with all that glad they won yesterday did us a favor!

It was only 3 picks, Sea Ray, but yeah. Why? 3rd string QB behind a less-than-average OL against an underrated Browns D

All 4 Steeler running backs fumbled, as I understand it, so I guess the Cleveland D is learning to strip the ball

Yeah, thanks for the correction. I'm aware of that. I ought to not post first thing in the morning...Yes, 8 total TOs including that last play.

back to the game....

1. I did not like Nugent's miss. He's now 17-21... any lower of a % and that's not good.

2. Could we please see less of AJ Green running the end-around? Once every few weeks is OK, twice in a game...no.

3. Could we please get Dalton to understand he needs to move/flow better, and move with the protection scheme... He boxes himself in too often, getting jammed into a sack or a terrible pass. Also, where are the dump off outlets? With the TE passes mostly downfield, 1 pass to BJGE is not enough outlet.

back to the game....

1. I did not like Nugent's miss. He's now 17-21... any lower of a % and that's not good.

2. Could we please see less of AJ Green running the end-around? Once every few weeks is OK, twice in a game...no.

3. Could we please get Dalton to understand he needs to move/flow better, and move with the protection scheme... He boxes himself in too often, getting jammed into a sack or a terrible pass. Also, where are the dump off outlets? With the TE passes mostly downfield, 1 pass to BJGE is not enough outlet.

I pointed this out during the game, for some reason when Dalton is in the pocket, and starts to feel pressure, he tends to run into the pressure instead of from it. I can't even count how many times he's done that and followed up with a pirouette to the other side. If he would have just gone to the right side in the first place, it would have given him that extra second to hit a wide open receiver. You notice this on the play where he does this then over throws a wide open Green that would have been a TD. No one was with 15 yards of Green on that play.

Am I the only one who's getting sick of Tasker's whining?

Holy crap he just kept going on and on about it. Makes me wonder if he would have done the same thing if the tables had been turned and the Bengals had been screwed.

Part of what you're seeing with Dalton may be related to the steps they took to simplify the offense after the four-game skid. One of the other writers at CJ, Joe Goodberry, noted after the game that Andy is only looking at one side of the field a lot. On the play GW mentions Dalton never even looks to the right until he starts scrambling (and by then it's too late). Basically Green was just a decoy on that play, and one that didn't work all that well given how open he was.

Part of what you're seeing with Dalton may be related to the steps they took to simplify the offense after the four-game skid. One of the other writers at CJ, Joe Goodberry, noted after the game that Andy is only looking at one side of the field a lot. On the play GW mentions Dalton never even looks to the right until he starts scrambling (and by then it's too late). Basically Green was just a decoy on that play, and one that didn't work all that well given how open he was.

What I notice most is Dalton does very well on the run, when it is a designed roll-out. However, when he is supposed to stand in the pocket, he often moves into the pressure, rather than away from it. I guess to my eyes, his pocket awareness is in need. Sometimes he gets a lane and scrambles, and that is good. But I see him step into the back of his linemen more often than when he scrambles.

Also, very rarely has he been "lit up" by a defender coming in clean. Most sacks are based on coverage or flowing into traffic.

What I notice most is Dalton does very well on the run, when it is a designed roll-out. However, when he is supposed to stand in the pocket, he often moves into the pressure, rather than away from it. I guess to my eyes, his pocket awareness is in need. Sometimes he gets a lane and scrambles, and that is good. But I see him step into the back of his linemen more often than when he scrambles.

Also, very rarely has he been "lit up" by a defender coming in clean. Most sacks are based on coverage or flowing into traffic.

Pocket awareness is hard to teach, it's just an ability some have, and some don't. Tom Brady's pocket presence is something that sets him apart from a lot of other guys. The fact he can slide around in the pocket while still keeping his eyes down field and checking down to different receivers makes him an All Pro player. Dalton is still a work in progress, but I do see him looking at other guys than Green more often. Green even thinks so too, when he said he let up on a play when he was triple covered and figured Dalton would throw it to someone else. Dalton instead tried to fit it into Green, and if Green was going full speed he would have probably caught it for a long gain. The good part is, Green actually thought Dalton was going to do the right thing. Maybe the next time Dalton would do the right thing, and just maybe has learned to never give up on a play.

If it was real, Dalton would be kind of stupid to say they beat the Raiders by 28, when they won by 24.

Are you serious? I can't even tell anymore.

Of course it's not real.

I think you would be quite surprised how many people would look at that and think it was real. I didn't pick out the difference in winning margin until I read it a second time. Other than thinking it odd that Dalton would partake in something so silly, did you notice that the winning margin was wrong?

If it was real, Dalton would be kind of stupid to say they beat the Raiders by 28, when they won by 24.

Are you serious? I can't even tell anymore.

Of course it's not real.

I think you would be quite surprised how many people would look at that and think it was real. I didn't pick out the difference in winning margin until I read it a second time. Other than thinking it odd that Dalton would partake in something so silly, did you notice that the winning margin was wrong?

Nope. I knew it was a joke, so really wasn't scanning for details.

Good stuff.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000102247/Sound-FX-Marvin-Lewis

oh boy i cant wait until it is 2014 for subtitle law so i can understand this crap. of course i hope that law affect this too, not only things like hulu and netflix.