Giants @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call me crazy i think we win this game really i do. not blind homerism i just have a feeling we get this one. bengals 38-31. then i think our schedule favors us in the last 6 of 8 games. giants, chiefs, raiders, chargers, cowboys, eagles . other than the gaints really no great teams here.... no faith in beating the ratbirds and stoolers. beside the 2, i think the rest we can win!

WHO CALLED THIS GAME??? THIS GUY ^^.

Some odd and not so add facts I found:

Bengals tap the Buckeye pipeline: Ohio State is the top supplier of college talent to the Bengals, with 25 former Buckeyes having qualified for the team’s official all-time roster.

The name game: The most common last name among players on the Bengals’ all-time roster is Johnson. Twenty-two players named Johnson are on the roster (not including Chad Johnson, who changed his last name to Ochocinco).

Smith is second with 15, Williams third with 13, and Jones fourth with 12.

The Bengals’ all-time roster has more last names start with the letter B than any other letter — a total of 89. The letter S is second with 85 names.

The only letter without a player on the team’s all-time roster is X.

Sorry I have looked and can not find the record for number of games in a row with a TD reception.

It was nice to see others then just Green be involved today. Finally Hawkins was used right, and Sanu with a nice game, Gresham in the redzone, now if only we can get Marvin Jones for Tate, i will be so happy :sure:

If Marvin would pull a Mike Leach and lock Tate in a dark closet during the game, that would be like a 2 player swing in the Bengals favor.

call me crazy i think we win this game really i do. not blind homerism i just have a feeling we get this one. bengals 38-31. then i think our schedule favors us in the last 6 of 8 games. giants, chiefs, raiders, chargers, cowboys, eagles . other than the gaints really no great teams here.... no faith in beating the ratbirds and stoolers. beside the 2, i think the rest we can win!

WHO CALLED THIS GAME??? THIS GUY ^^.

Kudos. B)

Glad to see Marvin Lewis finally unshackled Sanu. Wow.

Did I call it or what? :-)

I'd really like to see Sanu out there for an extended tryout as WR2 for at least one game. His bigger more muscular frame I think gives him a better shot at staying healthy

You also said Myles would have a 15 year Hall of Fame career with the Bengals. If you added Reggie and Jeromy together you still wouldn't get one Taylor Mays.

...and Mays sucks. :lol:

Wow, seriously, wow. I dont think there is much that can be added. But I would like to say I didnt see anyone mention it in the talk of the best dbs today but Leon Hall was shadowing Victor Cruz around the field all day today. Now I want you to think about how many times you heard Cruz' name called and appreciate what he did. Studly performance. Now if only we werent going to be spiritually crushed next week because we are bengals fans.

Wow, seriously, wow. I dont think there is much that can be added. But I would like to say I didnt see anyone mention it in the talk of the best dbs today but Leon Hall was shadowing Victor Cruz around the field all day today. Now I want you to think about how many times you heard Cruz' name called and appreciate what he did. Studly performance. Now if only we werent going to be spiritually crushed next week because we are bengals fans.

Uhm, what game were you watching today? Leon Hall was in active with his bad hamstring. Jones covered Cruz all day until he got hurt. Does anyone know what Jones injury was? I was also proud of Newman and Kirkpatrick in coverage AND tackling. Even Rey tackled well today. It was a good game all around. Zimmer needs to keep having the corners play up on the line like that and bump the receivers hard.

I was messing with you, Hall played good today. :)

Sanu should have been getting those reps from the start of the season and he needs to keep getting them moving forward.

Without going back and reading 19 pages of comments, would someone like to share the day of Kirkpatrick ??

Did he simply play teams again or did he actually get snaps at CB ??

Nope he played, I had to look him up I was confused to see #27 on the field. :lol:

He looked fluid and played well. He was physical at the line of scrimmage and the length of his arms seem to make him look larger.

So, I'll say it now. I know that its extremely premature and extremely unlikely.

But the playoffs arent completely out the window.

Next 5 games against teams under .500. Dallas, Oak, KC, SD, Phi - The steelers and ravens to end the season.

We now have to start rooting for the division leaders to win out. Denver, Houston, Baltimore, Patriots.

Take care of business and we could be 9-5, 8-6 come the last two weeks. We will lose most tiebreakers though since we already have 4 afc losses.

We could also be 5-9 or 6-8 as well.

So, I'll say it now. I know that its extremely premature and extremely unlikely.

Next 5 games against teams under .500. Dallas, Oak, KC, SD, Phi - The steelers and ravens to end the season.

We now have to start rooting for the division leaders to win out. Denver, Houston, Baltimore, Patriots.

Take care of business and we could be 9-5, 8-6 come the last two weeks. We will lose most tiebreakers though since we already have 4 afc losses.

The biggest loss was on November 6th, at DC.

:frustrated:

Yea if the team that played yesterday shows up. That's how this team is I wanna be excited, but I'm hesitant because I know who this team is. That was the most excitement I have had watching this team in awhile and they played great, now can they keep it going. They should beat alot of these teams, but they should have beaten Miami, and Clevland.

Yea if the team that played yesterday shows up. That's how this team is I wanna be excited, but I'm hesitant because I know who this team is.

It's the same team that's showed up all season. It's a team that is perfectly capable of thrashing an opponent, or being thrashed, depending mostly on intangibles like "spark and "momentum."

Put simply, it's not a team that routinely plays with confidence. And it isn't coached with confidence either, which doesn't help. You can see that in the way that the offense is quick to turtle up as soon as it gets a lead, and how if they do get a lead, the D is slow to pin its ears back and really get after the opposition. Instead of thinking "we got 'em right where we want 'em," the Bengals always seem to tighten up when things start to go well, afraid that they're going to screw it up somehow.

This is why plays like Pacman's big return and Sims' pick are so, so, so important. This team totally and completely needs those kind of sparks, and then to generate momentum from them, in order to find that confidence. You could see it yesterday: they got a lead, they slowed down, the Giants chipped away until they were down just 8 (technically one score) then the Bengals caught a break, opened it back up, and all of a sudden they were just all over New York.

Once this team starts going into games confident of themselves and thinking they can win, you'll see more of yesterday and less of Cleveland. Unfortunately, the only thing that will give them that confidence is more Ws.

Once this team starts going into games confident of themselves and thinking they can win, you'll see more of yesterday and less of Cleveland. Unfortunately, the only thing that will give them that confidence is more Ws.

And a coach who instills that confidence.