Broncos @ Bengals Pregame Talk/Game Thread

walzav29

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin Lewis: Chief Architect of "Playing Well Enough to Lose" and Poster Child for Mediocrity

Mike Brown: How many years will it take before he holds himself accountable for his performance as a GM? Is he truly

committed to winning or is it more about lining his pockets? How many fans has he ran off with his product?

Various post-game thoughts:

QB: bash Dalton all you like, but no QB will be successful behind this o-line, with this collection of WRs (Green excepted) and with this anemic run game.

O-line: Whit was running down last season and the slide continues. Moobs is just biding his time until March and FA. Zeitler and Boling are fine but C is a mess. Where is Anthony Collins?

RB: We got no one who can break anything, even when the blocking is there.

WR/TE: Beyond Green there is no consistency. Gresham has his moments but consistency remains an issue and he's not a playmaker.

D-line: Can stuff the run OR get to the QB. Can't seem to do both.

LB: Lamur a keeper. Maualuga remains junk. Give me Lamur at WILL, Burfict MLB and...well, someone at SLB.

DB: total enema required.

Move out of the pocket Dalton dont stand still

How about the o-line protect him? How much has Peyton gotten hit? How much has he had to scramble? Give Dalton that protection and we win this game.

Yep.

With Cook and Wharton gone from the start, I think we might have expected too much continuity from the 2nd and third stringers.

Also, let's just be clear. BJGE was a dreadful signing. With the dollars thrown at him, could have made a run at a real-deal RB.

On another note, Lamur looked solid. Clements looks slow and stiff. There was zero pressure on Manning, no wonder he cold sit there and pick his spots.

Just another "not good enough" Sunday from a Lewis team.

Watch these other young QBs who take deep drops and move, they get out of the pocket. Andy made a living in college throwing out of the pocket. Gruden told Dalton move out make something happen? Instead they take 3-5 step drops and he sits there till its too late! Plus I don't think he is reading defenses very well at the moment.

The Bengals are just boring. We've seen it all now, have we not? What's next? A 9-7 season with a playoff loss next year? Marvin gets extended?

Yawn.....

Same as it ever was.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

The Bengals are just boring. We've seen it all now, have we not? What's next? A 9-7 season with a playoff loss next year? Marvin gets extended?

Yawn.....

They're cheap, they're boring.

31 Years without back-to-back playoff seasons

22 years and counting without a single playoff WIN

Must be bad luck and injuries.

Yawn.....

Yep it's just not fun for me anymore. Sure there are some fun new guys out there but not many. Dalton to me just isn't a fun QB to watch. His passes are either batted down, or he throws an int. I don't know what kind of a QB he can be, but right now he's struggling. Stuck with the same coach year after year, yep I'm tired now too.

Dalton has shown quite a lot of upside. If I'm the head coach, I'm willing to continue working with him well into next season at least (unless a can't miss draft prospect is available in the top 10, which this year appears doubtful). His problems seem entirely coachable, and if I had any confidence in this coaching staff I would fully expect him to improve and probably even soon.

The Bengals are the only team that I can think of that actually rebuilds after a playoff season.

This slide is not from injuries. It's from a clear lack of not adding needed pieces and a head coach that has no clue how to handle any sustained success.

Exactly, how long have they been trying to fix this running game? I dont get how you can have an awesome year, only to fall apart the next year? This team has no idea how to handle success, they have no clue to handle bad things that happen in games. When things go bad they fall apart, and so does the game plan!

Dalton is who he always has been. I have been saying since he was in college that I thought his ceiling was Chad Pennington, and that is not that bad of a thing if you have the talent to win around him. We sadly do not. On todays note, yes, Lamur actually looked good, really good, and I would give him a shot the rest of the season to see if it can be maintained or if he drops off after people get tape on him. Also, AJ Green is just crazy good.

Ok, I haven't been on the board for a while because I have been frustrated with the way the season has went and didnt want to just become cantankerous and hostile. Luckily I have officially moved my bar low enough that the losses this season will not affect me. Thats a solid bengals season in my book. Random side note, our number 2 wideouts are useless, I believe you get Sanu some playing time there and see what he can do because it is just bad.

Hey, at least the draft is only 5 months away !!!

The one time of the year when "hope" actually means something.

Well I hope they don't draft another waste of space CB.

No, a solid Bengals draft will always include at least 2-3 CB or safties drafted in the 5th or lower that end up on the IR coming out of training camp. It's a given.

Hey, at least the draft is only 5 months away !!!

The one time of the year when "hope" actually means something.

Well I hope they don't draft another waste of space CB.

For what it's worth, i'm still nowhere near comfortable with calling him a bust.

He played teams yesterday. Not exactly able to evaluate his CB play when he wasn't given snaps.

I also don't buy they are now seeing something they don't like in his practice.

What are they seeing now that they couldn't see in all the tape they had on him ??

That he had trouble with his backpedal ?? Well they knew that LONG before they drafted him.

What else ?? Anything else I place firmly on the coaching staff that missed whatever the "problem" may be.

My take is they are being f*cking stupid in not getting him on the field and there is no problem.