Bengals @ Seattle Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

no one else sees this as a trap game at all?

Seattle's a completely different team at home. A lot of teams go up to Seattle thinking they're playing a really crappy Seahawks team and find out they're playing a playoff caliber team at home. Just ask the Saint. I guarantee if Cincinnati goes up there without the attitude of a dog fight on their hands they're gonna walk away the losers. I'm having a hard time picking this game for that fact alone. They've only played two home games so far this season they won one of them at a lost to Atlanta by two points.

Seattle's a completely different team at home. A lot of teams go up to Seattle thinking they're playing a really crappy Seahawks team and find out they're playing a playoff caliber team at home. Just ask the Saint. I guarantee if Cincinnati goes up there without the attitude of a dog fight on their hands they're gonna walk away the losers. I'm having a hard time picking this game for that fact alone. They've only played two home games so far this season they won one of them at a lost to Atlanta by two points.

I expect a tough game for the Bengals against the Seahawks. The offense and defense will have to be ready to play mistake free.

If we're behind then I'm sure we have plausible options airwise with Green & Simpson & Shipley.

Shipley's on IR Scottish....

My apologies.- he wasn't listed on the injury list at Bengals.com..........calling mr Gresham, mr Cochart - are you ready to play ball??

I'd see a trap game as one where the Bengals were clear favourites to win. I think this will be a tough away game for Cincy and don't see them sitting as 7-10 point favourites before the off. It is winnable though, but not just beacuse they turn up - they'll have to work damn hard for a W.

We all know that Rey wont play, but sounds like Howard might not play either, and thats really not good for the defense. Wish they were going in full strength on defense i would feel much better about them. Skuta was on the injury report also, i wonder who will be the LBs on Sunday. Im not a fan of Skuta starting though!

I am guessing you are going to see a steady dose of Brandon Johnson, Skuta, and maybe Mooch if Thomas Howard is out. I would bet you might see some Taylor Mays playing LB in the nickel and dime packages.

Oh yea i forgot about Moch, i doubt he will start but i would love to see him in on pass rush plays, and watch his quickness around the edge. Im excited to see him, i wounder if they will activate him.

We all know that Rey wont play, but sounds like Howard might not play either, and thats really not good for the defense. Wish they were going in full strength on defense i would feel much better about them. Skuta was on the injury report also, i wonder who will be the LBs on Sunday. Im not a fan of Skuta starting though!

I am guessing you are going to see a steady dose of Brandon Johnson, Skuta, and maybe Mooch if Thomas Howard is out. I would bet you might see some Taylor Mays playing LB in the nickel and dime packages.

Oh yea i forgot about Moch, i doubt he will start but i would love to see him in on pass rush plays, and watch his quickness around the edge. Im excited to see him, i wounder if they will activate him.

When I read his profile page it said he has been pretty much full go in practice for the last 2-3 weeks but Marvin said he had a lot of catching up to do, and that was why he hasn't been active yet.

Here are some comparable statistics of the teams:-

QB's: Fairly Even

Dalton ranked 14th in the league 118 comp from 189 attempts for 1311 yds7 TDs against 5 INTs and a rating of 84.3

Jackson ranked 21st in the league 99 comp from 157 attempts for 1012 yds 6 TDs against 5 INTs and a rating of 81.0

Rushing: Edge to Bengals

Benson ranked 13th in the league with 458 yds from 117 attempts 2 TDs against 0 fumbles and averaging 3.9 yds/carry and 76.3 yds/game

Lynch ranked 33rd in the league with 239 yds from 58 attempts 2 TDs against 1 fumble and averaging 4.1 yds/carry and 47.8 yds/game

Receiving: Edge to Bengals

Green ranked 15th in the league with 453 yds on 29 catches for 4 TDs averaging 15.6 yds/catch and 75.5 yds/game

Rice ranked 79th in the league with 264 yds on 17 catches for 1 TD averaging 15.5 yds/catch and 66 yds/game

Gresham ranked 90th in the league with 231 yds on 25 catches for 3 TDs averaging 9.2 yds/catch and 38.5 yds/game

Caldwell ranked 131st in the league with 142 yds on 17 catches for 1 TD averaging 8.4 yds/catch and 23.7 yds/game

Kicking: Fairly Even

Nugent ranked 10th in the league with 13 field goals from 14 attempts with 47 yds longest

Hauschka ranked 29th in the league with 6 field goals from 7 attempts with 52 yds longest

Kick-Off Returns: Fairly Even

Tate ranked 30th in the league averaging 24.2 yds per return

Washington ranked 43rd in the league averaging 22.1 yds per return

Punt Returns: Fairly Even

Washington ranked 12th in the league averaging 11.9 yds per return

Tate ranked 20th in the league averaging 10.6 yds per return

Sacks: Fairly Even

Clemons ranked 9th in the league with 5 sacks

Fanene ranked 28th in the league with 3 sacks

Atkins + Johnson ranked 53rd in the league with 2.5 sacks each

Rucker ranked 66th in the league with 2 sacks

Defence - overall: Edge to Bengals

Bengals ranked 2nd in the league allowing 278.5 yds per game, 18.5 points per game, allowing 36% of 3rd down conversions and forcing 12 fumbles

Seahwaks ranked 15th in the league allowing 354.7 yds per game, 21.3 points per game, allowing 37% of 3rd down conversions and forcing 8 fumbles

Vs the run:

Bengals allow an average of 89.5 yds per game

Seahawks allow an average of 104.7 yds per game

Vs the pass:

Bengals allow an average of 189 yds per game

Seahawks allow an average of 250 yds per game

Offence - scoring: Edge to the Bengals.

Bengals ranked 17th in the league scoring an average of 22.8 points per game

Seahwaks ranked 27th in the league scoring an average of 16.2 points per game

Factor in homefield advantage to the Seahawks and weather/noise (not sure if it's in a dome or an open stadium) and it's a pretty even match-up. If all sections of the Bengals team go to work and do their job properly then we could/should get a win here.

I agree TJ, this does look like a trap game BUT the biggest difference with these Bengals is their dedication to the details and doing things the right way, not their own way. Which results in more consistent play. The Bengals have more talent, better defense, and a better QB. They have to win these games, and I believe they will. It will be their 1st big win of the season.

28-10

With a win this week, we can finally start some playoff talk!

Wow, should be a great opportunity to improve on our defensive stats.

I don't know the spread, but Bengals have to be favored. I cant see Seattle home field advantage being near enough. Ill never assume a win. Not yet. But we should win this game.

Quite upset that the Browns also have a 4pm game this weekend, so I will be stuck streaming once again.

Tarvaris Jackson looks likely to return from pectoral injury for Seahawks
/>http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tarvaris-jackson-looks-likely-to-return-from-pectoral-injury-for-seahawks/2011/10/28/gIQAf7lAQM_story.html

Seattle is trying to throw some smoke screen, Bengals aren't buying that Whitehurst stuff. We need to put some pads on Tarvaris as soon as he hits the field, Dunlap and Geathers are due for one or two sacks. I'm happy that Kelly Jennings and Pacman will be healthy this week, lets shut them down.

I don't know the spread, but Bengals have to be favored. I cant see Seattle home field advantage being near enough.

Spread is 2.5 to 3, depending on where you look. Home field advantage is usually 3 points. Conventional wisdom is that Seattle's home edge is better than most thanks to their crowd and stadium. I'd say that means that vegas considers the Bengals just shy of a 1 TD favorite on neutral site, which would be about 9 pts at PBS. Seems about right. Maybe just a hair high.

Marvin said that Howard should be fine, so im hoping he is good to go this week.

Whitehurst is different, he seems to play good at home, look at what he did last year! The d-line better be ready to go after him i want to see some heavy pass rush.

Ill be excited to see what Jones can do coming back from injury sounds like he is excited so hope he plays a good game.

Marvin said that Howard should be fine, so im hoping he is good to go this week.

Whitehurst is different, he seems to play good at home, look at what he did last year! The d-line better be ready to go after him i want to see some heavy pass rush.

Ill be excited to see what Jones can do coming back from injury sounds like he is excited so hope he plays a good game.

More Jones and less Trent is the kind of thing that gives me faith in humanity.