Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

Scottishbengal

Good defense!

Now nothing stupid. You get the ball in the 2nd half.

Run the f*cking ball.

If they cannot work the sidelines with Green, Simpson and Gresham to move the ball, this team has a real long way to go.

Only issue with that kind of offense is the QB has to throw hard outs to a very specific spot. Can Dalton do it? Show us Andy.

On a different topic... The Colts are getting spanked.

Is there any doubt that Peyton Manning is the most important player in the NFL?

None.

I think you could say the same about Rogers or Brees. Those team would fold up if those two went down.

Looks like Dalton needs to work on his pocket presence. He is not looking good at finding the pressure of the defense and still being able to look downfield for targets.

That takes time to learn. This is Andy's 1st real game and the learning curve is pretty steep right now.

Two things:

1. The offense needs to do more to get the ball into players hands. They are not really running a west coast offense. After the first two series, the play calling has fallen apart.

2. The defense CANNOT give up the big plays. Broken coverage on the two long passes are why they scored two touchdowns. Remove those lapses and the Browns still have a big donut.

I am still very concerned about Dalton's fundamental ability. This offense is about the only way he can be an NFL starter. Any other scheme and he is Charlie Frye. The weapons are Green, Simpson, Gresham, Shipley, Benson and Scott. Dalton is running the gauntlet and doing about as well as could be expected but he does not have the arm of a Brees, who is about his size, so he needs to find the open guy faster and get him the ball.

If the D continues to get gashed, no lead will be safe. TE's still go uncovered and teams know it. The mental lapses can get fixed through discipline. I think this is attributable to the lock-out, more than anything.

penis.

nads.

Looks like Dalton needs to work on his pocket presence. He is not looking good at finding the pressure of the defense and still being able to look downfield for targets.

That takes time to learn. This is Andy's 1st real game and the learning curve is pretty steep right now.

He was a three year starter in college. Now I would give him that excuse as far as the speed of the NFL, but having a good sense of awareness to innate. Some people have it (See Roethlessberger) and some people don't (See David Klinger.)

Dalton looked good at the beginning of the game, but at that point they were running more. I don't know why the Bengals haven't run more screen passes, especially TE screens to Grisham. Let's hope they get things turned around.