Week 5 & 6 Update

HoosierCat

Sickeningly cheesy and makes our team look gay.

Carson Palmer deep throating a hot dog is a tough act to follow.

Atleast Carson was cautious enough to use both hands, another inch or so and the Bengals would have been without their multi-million dollar star franchise QB....hey..wait...a..minute!

Maybe Carson did choke on a hotdog and die while taking pictures for that ad, and all last year he was secretly replaced with Jordan Palmer. Mike Brown refused to pay Jordan for another year mimicking Carson, so the story was conceived that Carson decided to retire instead of playing for the Bengals again.

:sure:

First week 5, now week 6. With Colts QB Peyton Manning undergoing another neck surgery that will sideline him for two months minimum (and probably more like three is not all season), all the AFC North teams but Baltimore are guaranteed to get the Kerry Collins-led Colts.

To me at least, this game just went from an almost-certain loss to a winnable contest.

Check me on this, but I think this is the "murder's row" of QBs the Bengals will now face in the first 8 games:

Colt McCoy

Kyle Orton

Alex Smith

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Luke McCown

Kerry Collins

Tavaris Jackson

Matt Hasselbeck

If the Bengals can generate any kind of QB pressure at all they should lead the league in picks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McGlynn hasn't showed anything that would lead me to believe he should supplant either of the Guards right now. He's a good backup option, but I fully expect Bobby and Livings to stick at the starting spots.

Well Boling was almost named as the starting LG to start the season over Livings, and yet when Boling did start playing RG, he was eventually replaced by McGlynn even though he was a waiver wire pick up. I have to believe Alexander likes McGlynn.

Boling was almost named as the starting LG to start the season over Livings.

When was this? I don't remember anything like this.

Are you sure that wasn't a dream you had?

Yeah pretty sure early in the preseason he was rotating in there with Livings but eventually they gave Livings the job. He's a big reason Max Jean-Gilles got the boot.

Yeah pretty sure early in the preseason he was rotating in there with Livings but eventually they gave Livings the job.

Hmm... I'm not sure that means he was challenging for the starting job. It was the pre-season, and they probably wanted Boling to get as much experience as possible.

Perhaps you're right... but I never head any talk that Boling was an option as a rookie starter before Bobbie got suspended. The coaches have never said anything negative about Livings.

Yeah pretty sure early in the preseason he was rotating in there with Livings but eventually they gave Livings the job.

Hmm... I'm not sure that means he was challenging for the starting job. It was the pre-season, and they probably wanted Boling to get as much experience as possible.

Perhaps you're right... but I never head any talk that Boling was an option as a rookie starter before Bobbie got suspended. The coaches have never said anything negative about Livings.

There was some talk about in the preseason, but if you remember back it was either after the first or second game, Alexander came out and said that he has heard the criticism of Livings and that he grades out better than people realize. He said he wasn't going to give up on him just yet because he listened to others and gave up on Mike Goff and he went on to play well in San Diego.

There was some talk about in the preseason, but if you remember back it was either after the first or second game, Alexander came out and said that he has heard the criticism of Livings and that he grades out better than people realize. He said he wasn't going to give up on him just yet because he listened to others and gave up on Mike Goff and he went on to play well in San Diego.

Yeah. That's kind of my point. Fans talked about Boling starting, but the coaches didn't.

I don't think Boling was ever really a contender to start at LG.

Yeah. That's kind of my point. Fans talked about Boling starting, but the coaches didn't.

I don't think Boling was ever really a contender to start at LG.

Or you could look at like Alexander is trying to defend his final decision. IMO Livings still sucks, and you can even hear some of the announcers take notice of him getting blown up, like today when they said Kyle Williams ran right through him and made a play in the backfield.

From now on, I am going to call Livings, Speedbump. All he can do is slow a defender down, he never stops them.

The Jags look beatable.

Hopefully the Bengals Offense can play a whole game and the DB's can get a couple of Int's. The focus should be on stopping the Jag's run game and making Gabbert throw the ball. Kind of the same game plan they will have with us.

The Jags offense is utterly awful, worse than the Bengals' - who are at least capable of inconsistency to the point that they can surprise people with a few good drives a game.

This should bode well for the Bengals of course - don't turn the damn ball over (Dalton) and they win this game 17-10 or 10-3 or something like that. ;)

A reminder: jags beat what looks like a good titans team in week 1. Bengals have only won one time in jax ever.

Not an easy game by any stretch.

With a team this inexperienced... there is no such thing as an easy win.

But by the same token... the Gabbert led Jags have managed only 10 points/game and 265 yards/game against mediocre Carolina and New Orleans defenses.

The Bengals "should" be able to win as long as the offense doesn't give it away.

Not for nothing but Painter is looking pretty good for the Colts tonight. Reminds me of Dalton: needs seasoning but has a good grasp of the game and the offense.

I think the Colts game could be very tough. Painter is coming along pretty quickly.