Bengals - Jets game talk

kingwilly

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20-7. I really don't see 2 wins for the Bengals this year.

The back-ups are in. I thought the first sting had a good night tonight, started slow but i thought it picked up pretty good.

O-Line was much tonight

Defense was stoudt tonight, when the first team was all toghter and playing.

Special teams looked awsome tonight

Got to remember Dalton has only been here for 3 weeks, and only played in 2 games. If he can start faster i think he will be alright, he shows alot of poise.

The back-ups are in. I thought the first sting had a good night tonight, started slow but i thought it picked up pretty good.

O-Line was much tonight

Got to remember Dalton has only been here for 3 weeks, and only played in 2 games. If he can start faster i think he will be alright, he shows alot of poise.

Honestly I don't care who's in. This will be a dismal year.

O-Line was much tonight

Yea maybe your right. I think im to the point where i just dont care anymore. If they play great and win, then its awsome, if they suck and continue to lose, then oh well im used to it at this point. Im hoping for the best, but who knows anymore.

O-Line was much tonight

Yea maybe your right. I think im to the point where i just dont care anymore. If they play great and win, then its awsome, if they suck and continue to lose, then oh well im used to it at this point. Im hoping for the best, but who knows anymore.

I feel we're reeling right back into the '90's.

Matt O'Donnel (76) is huge. He is holding down the left side pretty well.

LeFevour has no vision.

All i know is for the people who want Dalton to sit and wait his turn, there is no QB on this team for him to learn from. These guys are horrible, sorry but i think Dalton is the best option at this point.

LeFevour has no vision.

All i know is for the people who want Dalton to sit and wait his turn, there is no QB on this team for him to learn from. These guys are horrible, sorry but i think Dalton is the best option at this point.

:lol: There isn't much to choose from in the way of options,

LeFevour has no vision.

What's funny about this situation is the Bengals "Could" have made a play for Donovan McNabb or Hasselback, so Dalton could get a full year of learning and build-up. Considering who is waiting behind McNabb and Hasselback (Ponder and Locker), that would be the preferable course. Gradkoski is not McNabb or Hasselback.

Right now, there is no one out there who could help bring Dalton along. s**t, maybe they bring Testaverde in... or dare I suggest Favre? Jesus. Not many options. God forbid they draft Pryor and permanently bruise Dalton's fragile psyche.

LeFevour has no vision.

What's funny about this situation is the Bengals "Could" have made a play for Donovan McNabb or Hasselback, so Dalton could get a full year of learning and build-up. Considering who is waiting behind McNabb and Hasselback (Ponder and Locker), that would be the preferable course. Gradkoski is not McNabb or Hasselback.

Right now, there is no one out there who could help bring Dalton along. s**t, maybe they bring Testaverde in... or dare I suggest Favre? Jesus. Not many options. God forbid they draft Pryor and permanently bruise Dalton's fragile psyche.

They had Dalton starting from day 1, thats why they didnt push for anybody else to come in and play. They will get there wish, because everybody else flat out sucks!!! I just hope Dalton starts faster, he shows he can play, i like how he is able to forget about the mistakes, the only problem is this team is not good enough to make mistakes.

One thing though that had him successful in college was he ran alot of bootlegs, made alot of throws on the run, so why dosnt Gruden let him do that maybe he would feel comfortable.

LeFevour has no vision.

They had Dalton starting from day 1, thats why they didnt push for anybody else to come in and play. They will get there wish, because everybody else flat out sucks!!! I just hope Dalton starts faster, he shows he can play, i like how he is able to forget about the mistakes, the only problem is this team is not good enough to make mistakes.

One thing though that had him successful in college was he ran alot of bootlegs, made alot of throws on the run, so why dosnt Gruden let him do that maybe he would feel comfortable.

I'm going with our coaching staff sucks balls for 1000 Alex.

LeFevour has no vision.

I'm going with our coaching staff sucks ball for 1000 Alex.

Well its the same head coach that many of us have been calling out for how many years now. I have been calling him out since 2006, with his stupid game management, with having his guys not ready to play, with letting Chad and others get away with whatever they want to. He has no emotion what so ever, when the hell is he going to lay into these guys for stupid penalties, for recievers dropping balls, for the o-lineman not getting push and not getting there pad levels down. I dont know i look at Marvin each week and he has the same expression each and every week, it always looks like he is lost. Even when things are looking up or they score, he has the same look. Its about time he gets some fire into the locker room, maybe his players will follow and bring some of that fire out on the field, and actully start playing aggresive and phyical.

Whatever ive been saying the same thing for how many years on here, nothing has changed then and nothing will change now, so why even complain anymore.

Thay can mix some of that in the gameplan but a naked bootleg that is a pass to a TE lie Scaife or Gresh has a limited frequency of uses. It is the fundamentals they need to execute. Simple stuff: 3 step drop and hit the slant. Granted, a WR must also catch the ball. 5 step drop and nail an out. He has to make the right progressions and not float the ball. I am very hopeful he will continue to settle in and be able to start faster and be more at ease in the system, commanding the playbook and the situations. Tossing INT's just won't cut it.

Gosh, just banging around on some FA lists, there are some guys on the street who won't win a ton of games but at least will remove the overarching pressure off Dalton and let him learn at a proper tempo. Maybe Delhomme could be Dalton's Kitna?

That's pretty well put. At least we have no expectations this year. Every win will be an upset. No more embarassing losses to suck teams. We are the suck team. We are starting from the bottom. There's no where to go than up from here. Truthfully they need about a 15 game preseason.

A few thoughts:

Andrew Whitworth is very underrated. Complimenting a LT in this town after Anthony Munoz played here is like complimenting a catcher after Johnny Bench left. Andy Dalton is awfully lucky he's got an outstanding LT behind him as he drops back.

Jason Shirley looks like a player. Maybe it's finally sunk in to him that he has a chance to make some money. If he stays motivated I think he will pay dividends this year

Why is it Bengal teams never seem to figure out how to cover TEs? That is a recurring problem which has gone on for a generation

Let's hope Kevin Huber is in tip top shape. He's going to be on the field a great deal this year

LeFevour has no vision.

I'm going with our coaching staff sucks ball for 1000 Alex.

Well its the same head coach that many of us have been calling out for how many years now. I have been calling him out since 2006, with his stupid game management, with having his guys not ready to play, with letting Chad and others get away with whatever they want to. He has no emotion what so ever, when the hell is he going to lay into these guys for stupid penalties, for recievers dropping balls, for the o-lineman not getting push and not getting there pad levels down. I dont know i look at Marvin each week and he has the same expression each and every week, it always looks like he is lost. Even when things are looking up or they score, he has the same look. Its about time he gets some fire into the locker room, maybe his players will follow and bring some of that fire out on the field, and actully start playing aggresive and phyical.

Whatever ive been saying the same thing for how many years on here, nothing has changed then and nothing will change now, so why even complain anymore.

Complain here all you want. I've been doing so for ages, but it doesn't mean a damn thing. Under the regime of Mike Brown, nothing is likely to ever change. He does things his way, and the organization suffers for it. The buck stops at the top, and it's been stopped there so long moss and lichen now call it home.

As long as Mike Brown is in charge, nothing will ever change.

Dalton showed some things at least...AJ Green...not so much (so overrated). The 0-line was dominated in the running game and the defensive backfield and LB's are what they are - not very good and it will cost them a lot of games.

I love Dalton's quick release and ability to throw on the run, he also doesn't get rattled easily and let's plays develop and has a natural ability to find guys - wish they had a better line in front of him.

Any ways, another beat-down, what's new around here.

Dalton showed some things at least...AJ Green...not so much (so overrated). The 0-line was dominated in the running game and the defensive backfield and LB's are what they are - not very good and it will cost them a lot of games.

I love Dalton's quick release and ability to throw on the run, he also doesn't get rattled easily and let's plays develop and has a natural ability to find guys - wish they had a better line in front of him.

Any ways, another beat-down, what's new around here.

The DB's improved from last week, to a point. The Run D was very good against a good O-line. Starting LB's were solid, not sure what you were watching.

Green, well, he dropped some balls he needed to have. How he responds will tell us quite a bit. To me, he will buckle down further and overcome it. Also, it was raining buckets. Plus, we have about 6 others guys who can catch the ball. However, as I see it, there is only one guy who's gonna throw the ball this year. And his progress is in question.

Dalton looked better. He started slow. Floated passes, looked rushed, but then settled down and was better. The rate at which he can progress will be key because theer is NO ONE behind him. Yet. <cougn...pryor...cough>...

The O-line is junk. Cook, junk. Livings, junk. Smith may get there by mid-season. Williams is 57 years old. Whit is solid but can't do it all. They will need to grab another G and a vet C if they are possibly give Dalton a fair shake. Doing so will also bolster Benson, who can't do it all, too.