7th Round #1: Korey Lindsey, CB, S. Illinois

ArmyBengal

04/04/2011 - Southern Illinois Pro day: When it comes to Korey Lindsey, it's buyer beware for NFL teams. The Southern Illinois cornerback clearly has the talent to succeed at the next level, but back-to-back hamstring injuries have kept Lindsey from showcasing the talents that made him a first team All-American selection by The Associated Press his senior season. Lindsey was one of 11 players who took part in the Southern Illinois pro day on March 24. Representatives from 10 teams were in attendance, including Bears assistant defensive backs/safeties coach Gil Byrd. The event was held outdoors on FieldTurf. The 22-year-old pulled his right hamstring at Northwestern's pro day on March 8, and he did it again at his alma mater on March 24. Lindsey (5-foot-10 1/4, 194 pounds) posted a 4.33-second short shuttle, a 7.11 mark in the three-cone drill and did 10 reps in the bench press. Lindsey's hamstring issues leave NFL teams with less information than they have for other draft candidates. If healthy, he is a probable third-round pick, but it's now more likely he'll be available into the fifth round. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

If he can stay healthy i think its a good pick

see the above - agreed!

Another botch. This drafts Ethan Kilmer.

Ending the draft with throwaways..... SoP broke out of the closet they shut him in.

...and I suppose he had nothing to say about the picks u/we like...hmmn, not a fan of SoP either, but seriously dude

Ending the draft with throwaways..... SoP broke out of the closet they shut him in.

Thats your opinon i like this guy, ill give you the last WR, but i like this pick!! Its a 7th round pick, and has a good of playing special teams and a 4th corner if need be

Don't get me wrong, I love what we were able to do early on and overall I will be very happy with the draft.

That being said, it's hard to sit and watch them make no name pick after no name pick once they hit the 6th round every year.

If no other time during the draft, take the best player available within reason.

Would it have hurt us to take a chance on DeAndre McDaniel, the saferty from Clemson ??

Would it have hurt to look for a WR that wasn't a possession receiver ??

It's not to say they are going to make the team, but d*mn, at least give them a shot.

These guys ?? Fodder. If that's all they want, fine, I simply disagree with that thought process.

It's not to say they are going to make the team, but d*mn, at least give them a shot.

These guys ?? Fodder. If that's all they want, fine, I simply disagree with that thought process.

I don't know. The talent level between a 7th rounder and an undrafted free agent is pretty negligible. I think most teams are probably taking guys for fodder purposes at this point.

The draft could probably be shortened to 5 or 6 rounds with no meaningful consequences.

Don't get me wrong, I love what we were able to do early on and overall I will be very happy with the draft.

That being said, it's hard to sit and watch them make no name pick after no name pick once they hit the 6th round every year.

If no other time during the draft, take the best player available within reason.

Would it have hurt us to take a chance on DeAndre McDaniel, the saferty from Clemson ??

Would it have hurt to look for a WR that wasn't a possession receiver ??

I understand what your saying, but on Espn Mel,and Todd both dont have McDaniel on there top guys left, so im not sure what happened to McDaniel, but he is know where to be found!

I know what you are saying Derek, but last year was a perfect example.

We knew Benson was going into his last season and in the 7th round LeGarrette Blount was sitting there.

Did we take him ?? No. He went undrafted and ended up with Tampa Bay, rushing for over 1000 yards and 6 TDS, at better than 5 per carry.

Now why in the hell didn't they take a flier on a kid that had talent, but maybe some issues once they hit the 6th and 7th rounds ??

If they had, we wouldn't be sitting here today hoping we get a RB for insurance (which we didn't)...

I know retrospect and the 20/20 thing, but there were many of us calling for it.

If we know these guys are players then d*mn.

I don't think this is a random flyer pick. Lindsey has been graded as high as a third rounder, and has the potential to get on the field if he can stay healthy. Not a bad pick at all, and in my opinion, it's great value for the seventh round.

Ethan Kilmer was no mutt. Injury did him in.

I know what you are saying Derek, but last year was a perfect example.

We knew Benson was going into his last season and in the 7th round LeGarrette Blount was sitting there.

Did we take him ?? No. He went undrafted and ended up with Tampa Bay, rushing for over 1000 yards and 6 TDS, at better than 5 per carry.

Now why in the hell didn't they take a flier on a kid that had talent, but maybe some issues once they hit the 6th and 7th rounds ??

If they had, we wouldn't be sitting here today hoping we get a RB for insurance (which we didn't)...

I know retrospect and the 20/20 thing, but there were many of us calling for it.

If we know these guys are players then d*mn.

This kid was rated much higher than the 7th. I think this pick fits your analogy of Blount last year. He has talent, but was hurt during two attempts at pro-days. I like this pick for a 7th rounder.