CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet,

It's been under discussion in the Brat Watch thread since early this morning.

But in any event I highly doubt Childress is a candidate of any sort of job in Cincy since he's still getting checks from Ziggy Wilf for two more years. Why go to work for Mike Brown when you can sit on your butt for the next 24 months and earn $6 million?

But in any event I highly doubt Childress is a candidate of any sort of job in Cincy since he's still getting checks from Ziggy Wilf for two more years. Why go to work for Mike Brown when you can sit on your butt for the next 24 months and earn $6 million?

If I was in the same situation my a** would be firmly planted on the couch. Why willingly walk into hell when you could just kick back and collect a check?

Because he likes to coach? how many coaches just sit on their ass after they get fired? most if they can find another job in the NFL take it....Cinci if interested would be one of the few places where he would get to call the plays...

While he has been known to run a West Coast system, it is more run based than others. He’s also been longtime friends with defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. Childress knows Zimmer’s father well from when Childress was an assistant at the University of Illinois and Zimmer’s dad was coaching Lockport Central High School.

Plus this.

If they would hire Brad, then i hope they change all the offense coaches. Alexander has to go, its past his time, Sheppard goodbye enough with him also, i really never minded Zampese but Carson has not improved much, Anderson can stay though i dont mind him as running backs coach. I just want a big change on offense whatever it might be.

Chilly to Cleveland?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/21/shurmur-coy-about-chilly/

Shurmur wouldn’t provide any clarity in that regard, but he pointed out that he and Chilly used to jog together in Philadelphia, and that they were hired by Eagles coach Andy Reid on the same day.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Brad,” Shurmur said. “Brad’s a friend of mine, obviously a colleague. . . . Who knows whether our paths will cross this time or not?”

Chilly to Cleveland?

Shurmur wouldn’t provide any clarity in that regard, but he pointed out that he and Chilly used to jog together in Philadelphia, and that they were hired by Eagles coach Andy Reid on the same day.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Brad,” Shurmur said. “Brad’s a friend of mine, obviously a colleague. . . . Who knows whether our paths will cross this time or not?”

If Brad chooses Clevland he wont be calling the plays Shurmur already says hes doing that. Who knows though whats going to happen, i would take Brad here over Brat anyday. I live near Phila, and he was a great offense coach when he was in Phila, and there is a reason why he got a HC job. I feel Brett ruined his carrer with the Vikings, and would be a great offense mind here and would help out big time. So this move would make me happy

Chilly to Cleveland?

However the Browns probably noticed that the Bengals were talking to Brad, so now im sure the Browns will call and steal Brad away. You know since the Bengals take forever to make any moves, plus he would have to fire Brat. The Browns could hire him right away since they have nobody in that spot. Knowing the Bengals Brad will walk away without a deal and go to Clevland

I could see that browns get him because bengals wanna wait until after senior bowl,though wouldn't it make more sense to get the new guy in so he can help judge talent of the players you may be drafting? ohwell Until he's hired somewhere else I'll have small glimmer of hope....now if he would dine with someone to replace Alexander.

Shouldn't the new thread title read...

Brat Watch/Brad Childress/Space Monkeys

It's done but that's it.

Thanks of course. Obviously I wasn't asking for myself, and only asked as a reminder of all of those delicious space monkeys giving their lives for us.

:rip:

Don't ask me to add, ".....Mafia...Hula Hoops, Castro...Edsel is a no-go"

"...we didn't start the FIRE BRAT."

How's that?

Wow, it was right there too. And I missed it. Very nicely done.

And for the record the Bengals didn't start the fire on this one either.

http://www.allproblo...1/chilly-rumor/

Thornton says.....

Since everyone is getting worked up over this Brad Childress eating dinner with Marvin Lewis rumor, I thought I'd give my two cents on it. I asked someone from the Bengals their thoughts and they said it was the first they heard about it. So if they didn't hear, Marvin could be just getting ideas from Chilly. Or my peeps could just be keeping quiet. But given the loyalty that the Bengals show their employees, I doubt Brat would get fired at this point. Why take him to Senior Bowl, make him coach, then fire him? If Chilly came in, I see him as a offensive consultant, kinda like Tom Moore is in Indy. Childress is still getting paid for the next few years by the Vikings, he signed a big extension last season. So coming to Cincy would have to be a good situation for him, stepping stone for next job.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110121/SPT02/301210131

and from Reedy....

Monday marks the 10th anniversary of Bratkowski’s hiring and one might go back to that to see a possible scenario of what could happen here if Childress was hired.

When Bratkowski was hired, Ken Anderson was demoted from offensive coordinator to quarterbacks coach. Before coming to Cincinnati, Bratkowski was receivers coach for the Steelers.

However, both Bratkowski and Bengals receivers coach Mike Sheppard are both under contract for 2011.

This also isn't be the first time Bratkowski's future has been cast in doubt before the Senior Bowl. Two years ago there were rumors that Hue Jackson was a candidate to become offensive coordinator here only to see him stay in Baltimore for another year.

http://www.allproblo...1/chilly-rumor/

Thornton says.....

Since everyone is getting worked up over this Brad Childress eating dinner with Marvin Lewis rumor, I thought I'd give my two cents on it. I asked someone from the Bengals their thoughts and they said it was the first they heard about it. So if they didn't hear, Marvin could be just getting ideas from Chilly. Or my peeps could just be keeping quiet. But given the loyalty that the Bengals show their employees, I doubt Brat would get fired at this point. Why take him to Senior Bowl, make him coach, then fire him? If Chilly came in, I see him as a offensive consultant, kinda like Tom Moore is in Indy. Childress is still getting paid for the next few years by the Vikings, he signed a big extension last season. So coming to Cincy would have to be a good situation for him, stepping stone for next job.

Thorton has been wrong so many times, he said Marvin wouldnt be back..........well Marvin is still here. So much of what Thorton says i just dont believe. He may be right this time, but ill just wait and see before i believe him

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110121/SPT02/301210131

and from Reedy....

Monday marks the 10th anniversary of Bratkowski’s hiring and one might go back to that to see a possible scenario of what could happen here if Childress was hired.

When Bratkowski was hired, Ken Anderson was demoted from offensive coordinator to quarterbacks coach. Before coming to Cincinnati, Bratkowski was receivers coach for the Steelers.

However, both Bratkowski and Bengals receivers coach Mike Sheppard are both under contract for 2011.

This also isn't be the first time Bratkowski's future has been cast in doubt before the Senior Bowl. Two years ago there were rumors that Hue Jackson was a candidate to become offensive coordinator here only to see him stay in Baltimore for another year.

I wouldnt care if Brat coached the WR, just so he is not calling the plays anymore. I dont like Shep all that much anyways so it wouldnt bother me. Now if Alexander goes i will be extremly happy

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110121/SPT02/301210131

and from Reedy....

I wouldnt care if Brat coached the WR, just so he is not calling the plays anymore. I dont like Shep all that much anyways so it wouldnt bother me. Now if Alexander goes i will be extremly happy

pretty much how I feel demotion /no play calling would be a start>< Though I doubt Alexander goes I really hope he would...Starting livings all season was retarded and calling Stacey the best Olinemen in football was even more retarded.

So what was the point in changing the offense that got you to win the afc north???? I dont understand, just because you bring in TO dosnt mean you have to throw the ball more. So whats the big overhaul changes that we are going to see???? This team is one big secret

Reason #1 is it wasn't a very good offense. They won the division on defense that year and the idea was to try to go beyond 2009's success and maybe even win a playoff game. So where do you improve? Simply put the O showed a lot more room for improvement than the D.

OK, so I think we have a concensus that the team has decided that with the impending lockout, they don't want to install a new offense. With that in mind, would you go for a rearranging of the deck chairs? Would you like to see Zampese given the OC keys to run the same offense with his own tweaks or would another year of Brat be preferable with Childress looking over his shoulder?

Given our options, I still want Brat gone. I'm willing to take my chances with someone else running the offense, even a "rookie" like Zampese.

With all Marvin has said, I'm still not sure if he understands that the offense needs more discipline. He needs an OC who will keep them after practice until they "get it right" if need be. I want to see better execution first and foremost.