Bengals at Ravens Week 17 2010 Season Game Thread

membengal

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson still plays like crap making poor decisions..

It's all too obvious we need to move on at the QB position.

I doubt they will though!

Painfully true.

Both INT's off tipped passes, can't completely fault Carson for those.....No support from benson avergaing less than 3 yards per rush....Carson still threw for 305 yards minus both starting WR's and his TE....Came up 30 yards shy of 4,000 on the season (3,970)

I'll still ride with Carson.....

Not sure they needed to spike it on 2nd down and 2 with :21+ seconds left.

Palmer is just a mess. Wonder if they can trade him.

absolutely not. It was obvious passing down, so take a shot, if it doesn't work, you stop the clock. Piss poor clock/game management that we've seen all year, and we'll probably be treated to all next year too!!

Palmer certainly has his shortcomings, but I don't mind if we keep him. I'm much more concerned about getting rid of Marvin and Bratkowski.

I agree that Brat must go, though the fates of this team rest on the QB who takes the field. Can Carson overcome his issues? Maybe but to me I don't think a new HC and OC will give him the chance, not with Newton, Luck, Locker and Mallett sitting a the top of the first round.

This game was lost by the offense, primarily on Simpson and Palmer. Palmer MUST execute on that screen. No excuses, no more chances. Make it or break it.

He botched it, threw 2 picks, and fumbled. This one, as so many others, falls squarely on him.

Done.

Painfully true.

Yet how is he different than a guy like Delhomme or McNabb or Orton at this point. All have decent "stats" but are no longer going to win in the league. Given Palmer's recent arm issues (elbow and thumb) they simply have to take a QB, even if they keep Palmer.

Palmer deserves another chance just not here.

Both INT's off tipped passes, can't completely fault Carson for those.....No support from benson avergaing less than 3 yards per rush....Carson still threw for 305 yards minus both starting WR's and his TE....Came up 30 yards shy of 4,000 on the season (3,970)

Palmer certainly has his shortcomings, but I don't mind if we keep him. I'm much more concerned about getting rid of Marvin and Bratkowski.

Personally I'd like to see all three gone.

I'll agree, but replace Carson with Chad. :P

I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Knowing Mike Brown's love of sticking with losing formulas, my guess is both will be back next season, and a year from now we'll all be right back here wishing our team was in the playoffs.

Painfully true.

He forced it on the INT into the endzone. The other one was a fluke. His fumble on the scramble cost the game. The lob over Pearman's head was inexcusable on 4th down, game on the line. He can't do it.

Yet how is he different than a guy like Delhomme or McNabb or Orton at this point. All have decent "stats" but are no longer going to win in the league. Given Palmer's recent arm issues (elbow and thumb) they simply have to take a QB, even if they keep Palmer.

Palmer deserves another chance just not here.

Yup like if they want to keep him around I'm fine with that but we need a PLan B a young guy whos ready to go if Carson isn't...May it be Newton or Luck in the 1st or Locker or someone else later in the draft.

Now do people just not wanna name other offensive Coaches or is it just figured they go with Brat? Because I for one want to see us CLEAN HOUSE On our offensive side of the ball the only guy I wouldn't care if he returned is Jim Anderson...

Brat-It's obvious he needs to go

Zampese? toss him out with Brat

Hayes? don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya (His brother can join him.)

Mike Sheppard-Hey if you got them to draft Shipley good job but you still failed to get Jerome & Caldwell on the field until 3 weeks ago.

Paul Alexander-How do more people not want this guy fired? he can't develop a Offensive linemen to save his life..He was quoted for saying Stacey ANDREWS was the best Olinemen in football and starts inferior players for what ever reason.

We also need clean out the Medical & Training Staff the amount of Injurys we have every year is becoming retarded

He forced it on the INT into the endzone. The other one was a fluke. His fumble on the scramble cost the game. The lob over Pearman's head was inexcusable on 4th down, game on the line. He can't do it.

Also had he not waved the FG unit off earlier we could have tied the game.

Bottomline: I'm glad we lost this game, because had we won, we might very well have been picking closer to #10 than #3

Now let's just see how Mike Brown screws up this pick?

He can reach and grab Mark Ingram. THAT would be fitting.

Bottomline: I'm glad we lost this game, because had we won, we might very well have been picking closer to #10 than #3

Now let's just see how Mike Brown screws up this pick?

He can reach and grab Mark Ingram. THAT would be fitting.

I can see that. I can also see this:

Mike Brown: Who does that Mel Kiper Jr. guy think we should take? I've heard that guy has been mocking drafts for years?

Marvin: Kiper is a Tool

Mike Brown: really? We can use him as a Draft Tool?

Marvin: no, that's not what i meant. He's a......oh nevermind

Mike Brown (on the phone): Ring...Ring....Hello? is this Mel kiper Jr.? My name is Mike Brown and i was wondering if I could ask you a question??????

Yup like if they want to keep him around I'm fine with that but we need a PLan B a young guy whos ready to go if Carson isn't...May it be Newton or Luck in the 1st or Locker or someone else later in the draft.

Now do people just not wanna name other offensive Coaches or is it just figured they go with Brat? Because I for one want to see us CLEAN HOUSE On our offensive side of the ball the only guy I wouldn't care if he returned is Jim Anderson...

Brat-It's obvious he needs to go

Zampese? toss him out with Brat

Hayes? don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya (His brother can join him.)

Mike Sheppard-Hey if you got them to draft Shipley good job but you still failed to get Jerome & Caldwell on the field until 3 weeks ago.

Paul Alexander-How do more people not want this guy fired? he can't develop a Offensive linemen to save his life..He was quoted for saying Stacey ANDREWS was the best Olinemen in football and starts inferior players for what ever reason.

We also need clean out the Medical & Training Staff the amount of Injurys we have every year is becoming retarded

Also had he not waved the FG unit off earlier we could have tied the game.

I wonder if they were going to go with a young guy, if they would trade for Kevin Kolb??? He is young sat behind a good QB! All i know is they are not going to draft a QB, and i bet any money that Carson will be here next year and starting!!! So i will not get my hopes up for any kind of change around here. Who knows maybe under a new coach if Marvin is gone, maybe Carson will be ok???

+1

Oh, BTW, Ravens are teh suck. 6 TOs and 13 points? Really? And you're a playoff team? :lol: