THE CHANGES THREAD...Marvin to return

combatbengal

http://cincinnati.co...t-lewis-future/

With the end of the season coming in two days in Baltimore and a meeting with Mike Brown happening either Monday or Tuesday, the subject of Marvin Lewis' future is foremost on everyone's minds.

With the future of the organization the number one topic, it's safe to ask how after eight years if Lewis and Brown can come to the same vision at that meeting

"I think things change over time. But I think the football team and the state of the football team is way different than it was in 2003," Lewis said. "You are at a starting over point. It's not different than when I came here. The only difference is this is a much different football team now than then. So things have changed, changed for the better. It's just a different scenario."

The big difference too is that Lewis is more sure about what the evolution of the organization needs to be.

"I'm sure about how things need to be now, I'm very sure, there's no question in my mind. But that's not anything major," Lewis said.

-----------------------

Unless Mike caves, I think Marvin is going to walk away. He sounds like a man that knows exactly what he wants and needs.

Will be interesting to see if Mike gives in and gives Marvin what he wants! Im really not a Marvin guy, but i have to wonder what it would be like if he had total control. He would bring in more scouts, have all control over asst. coaches it would be very interesting to see!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.allproblo...l-hue-j-follow/

John Thornton speculates that Hue Jackson might return as OC if Mike Zimmer is the next head coach.

I could live with a Hue OC zimmer Coach.

Will be interesting to see if Mike gives in and gives Marvin what he wants! Im really not a Marvin guy, but i have to wonder what it would be like if he had total control. He would bring in more scouts, have all control over asst. coaches it would be very interesting to see!

heres what I'm worrying about Mikey only doesn't bring back Marvin because he doesn't wanna give in to those things...so it means the next guy has 0 chance for mikey trying to build more competitively

http://www.allproblo...l-hue-j-follow/

John Thornton speculates that Hue Jackson might return as OC if Mike Zimmer is the next head coach.

I could live with a Hue OC zimmer Coach.

heres what I'm worrying about Mikey only doesn't bring back Marvin because he doesn't wanna give in to those things...so it means the next guy has 0 chance for mikey trying to build more competitively

Yep, it should make for an exciting next couple of days here in bengal land! Lets just hope whatever happens, Mike lets the coach have full control, and gives the coach what he wants. Right now thats all im hoping for!

Since the Bengals are approaching their final game of the season riding a two game winning streak. I wanted everyone’s opinion on the Head Coaching job. In my opinion, Marvin must go.

Marvin has shown time and time again, poor game management. I also don’t forget about the fiasco in 2006 with all the arrests that made the Bengals an even more laughing stock of the league.

In his eight years, no playoff wins with two chances... I know Mike Brown is a horrible owner and self proclaimed GM. Here is Marvin's record the last 8 years. Would you want him back? My top choices in no particular order... Cowher, Fox, or Fisher (if available).

2003 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2004 AFC North 3rd 8-8

2005 AFC North 1st 11-5 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Steelers) 31–17

2006 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2007 AFC North 3rd 7-9

2008 AFC North 3rd 4-11

2009 AFC North 1st 10-6 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Jets) 24–14

2010 AFC North TBD 4-11

Since the Bengals are approaching their final game of the season riding a two game winning streak. I wanted everyone’s opinion on the Head Coaching job. In my opinion, Marvin must go.

Marvin has shown time and time again, poor game management. I also don’t forget about the fiasco in 2006 with all the arrests that made the Bengals an even more laughing stock of the league.

In his eight years, no playoff wins with two chances... I know Mike Brown is a horrible owner and self proclaimed GM. Here is Marvin's record the last 8 years. Would you want him back? My top choices in no particular order... Cowher, Fox, or Fisher (if available).

2003 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2004 AFC North 3rd 8-8

2006 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2007 AFC North 3rd 7-9

2008 AFC North 3rd 4-11

2010 AFC North TBD 4-11

Im not a Marvin guy at all! Im so sick at the end of games not having timeouts left, or the lack of in game adjustments, or the lack of half time adjustments!

I just sit here and wonder how much he has been handcuffed all these years, and wonder if he can really coach/run a team if he was allowed too. Those coaches you have mentioned are awsome, the problem is i dont see any of them ending up here. Who wants to come here, and have no control over the team? Zimmer, as much as i like him im not sure he is really right for the head coaching job here, so really who besides Marvin would actully coach this team!

All i know is its going to be exciting to see what happens in the next couple of days, and i hope for every Bengals fan out there, that Mike finally lets a coach run this team! So im not sure who i want for a coach, all i know its time for some new asst. coaching with a new game plan!!!!

2003 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2004 AFC North 3rd 8-8

2006 AFC North 2nd 8-8

2007 AFC North 3rd 7-9

2008 AFC North 3rd 4-11

2010 AFC North TBD 4-11

Im not a Marvin guy at all! Im so sick at the end of games not having timeouts left, or the lack of in game adjustments, or the lack of half time adjustments!

I just sit here and wonder how much he has been handcuffed all these years, and wonder if he can really coach/run a team if he was allowed too. Those coaches you have mentioned are awsome, the problem is i dont see any of them ending up here. Who wants to come here, and have no control over the team? Zimmer, as much as i like him im not sure he is really right for the head coaching job here, so really who besides Marvin would actully coach this team!

All i know is its going to be exciting to see what happens in the next couple of days, and i hope for every Bengals fan out there, that Mike finally lets a coach run this team! So im not sure who i want for a coach, all i know its time for some new asst. coaching with a new game plan!!!!

I agree that those coachs won't come to cincy if Mike Brown and fam are running things. Marvin was the first 'external' head caoch hired. Though I would like a change, I am fearful there will be little even changed. Will have to wait and see. At the least I would like Brat and the two diva WRs to take a hike...

Nothing new here....

http://sports.espn.g...er_espn_5981214

Lewis would like the Bengals to upgrade their training facilities and their player personnel department, and he is so adamant on these issues that it is the reason he declined to sign the contract extension offered him before this season.

If Cincinnati is unwilling to budge on these issues -- and there is no indication they are -- then Lewis will not return to Cincinnati next season and he will become the latest desirable coach on the open market.

Well, this is where we have to part ways, because I would argue the results in the passing game are what allowed them to stick with the run heavy attack.

That's a core Brat concept and I'm not a bit suprised you agree with it even though it flips football tradition on it's ear.

It isn't flipping anything on its ear, it's a matter of basic math. Football is a zero-sum game. You only get so many snaps, and ones you give to the passing game are taken away from the run, and vice-versa. And when the passing game features low reception and yard pr attempt numbers, you have to throw a lot more passes to get the production you need. OTOH, if you're completing 70-80% of passes for a 10 yard average, you can dedicate more snaps to running the ball

Again, when called before the man to explain this seasons failure Bob Bratkowski will use the exact same excuses you offer here.

He might, but I doubt it. Any system that requires 70-80% completion rates has to be considered suspect. As we saw over the first 13 weeks, when he doesn't get that kind of performance out of his main targets, the offense rarely worked.

Nothing new here....

http://sports.espn.g...er_espn_5981214

Lewis would like the Bengals to upgrade their training facilities and their player personnel department, and he is so adamant on these issues that it is the reason he declined to sign the contract extension offered him before this season.

If Cincinnati is unwilling to budge on these issues -- and there is no indication they are -- then Lewis will not return to Cincinnati next season and he will become the latest desirable coach on the open market.

I think He'll return to the Ravens as the Defensive COordinator/Assistant Headcoach.

PS,Word is Kubiak will get another chance and THey'll get Wade as their Defensive Coordinator.

I've heard the speculation on Marvin to the Ravens. But who are they going to fire to open a spot for Marvin, and why would they fire that person?

D coordinator? Their D looks pretty good, I'm not aware of any rumors regarding firing that guy.

But I'll say this: Marvin talks s**t like someone who already knows where he's landing. I'm not saying it's Baltimore, but my guess is he's got something lined up.

But I'll say this: Marvin talks s**t like someone who already knows where he's landing. I'm not saying it's Baltimore, but my guess is he's got something lined up.

Like fishing for a year. I can't remember who brought it up first, but if you finally realize you have no chance to be successful - isn't nothing better than working for Mike Brown again?

If he didn't hate the media so damn much I'd say broadcasting. It would have a certain symmetry to it, I have to say.

To me Marvin sounds like a guy who doesn't give a s**t. He has options, including going fishing for a few years. If he doesn't get what he wants, buh-bye. And he won't, so here we go...

Yep here we go should be interesting. If Mike dosnt give in to him, then who the hell would even want to come here. This has to be the worst place on the market to go, the coach will have no say. The new coach will say he wants a new offense, and Mike will tell him no make what we have here work. Screw you MIKE!!!!!

Like fishing for a year. I can't remember who brought it up first, but if you finally realize you have no chance to be successful - isn't nothing better than working for Mike Brown again?

If he didn't hate the media so damn much I'd say broadcasting. It would have a certain symmetry to it, I have to say.

How about the University of Pittsburgh?

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d61251/article/university-of-pittsburgh-interested-in-bengals-coach-lewis?module=HP_headlines

How about the University of Pittsburgh?

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d61251/article/university-of-pittsburgh-interested-in-bengals-coach-lewis?module=HP_headlines

Yep i just saw that, it might be Marvins best move to go there

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/02/lewis-we-havent-gotten-things-settled-and-now-were-at-the-end/

Marvin's postgame comments make me believe that he fully expects to be gone. Whether it is by his choice or not.

“I don’t know when anything will be decided. There’s a lot that goes into this with me and everybody,” Lewis said after the Bengals 13-7 loss to the Ravens. “We’re at this point myself where I am in my coaching careers. I’m at a different point than I was eight years ago. I think that’s big and this football team is a lot different from where it was eight years ago and that’s good. As I said the guys in this room should know that. It doesn’t have to go back. There will be tough times to fight through but it doesn’t have to go backward.”

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/02/lewis-we-havent-gotten-things-settled-and-now-were-at-the-end/

Marvin's postgame comments make me believe that he fully expects to be gone. Whether it is by his choice or not.

“I don’t know when anything will be decided. There’s a lot that goes into this with me and everybody,” Lewis said after the Bengals 13-7 loss to the Ravens. “We’re at this point myself where I am in my coaching careers. I’m at a different point than I was eight years ago. I think that’s big and this football team is a lot different from where it was eight years ago and that’s good. As I said the guys in this room should know that. It doesn’t have to go back. There will be tough times to fight through but it doesn’t have to go backward.”

Good Night,Good Luck.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110102/COL03/301020004

Yup. That's about it.

Wow what a sad but true article there!

Really if Brat is back.....well i dont know anymore!

Mike at some point has to realize his way just is not working.....LOL LOL yea right!!

Who the hell would want to coach here, what a joke of a place. The new coach wouldnt even be able to have his own coaches lol

More post-game Marvin....
/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Lewis-wants-to-come-back-but-/48cc7e55-b9a9-4f58-b252-a8cb42e6041a

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said after Sunday's 13-7 loss in the regular season finale that he doesn't know anything about his future.

"All I know is that after today I'm officially unemployed," he said. "I don't know what's ahead for me. What I do know is that we've got guys that fought their tails off. That's a group in that locker room that has figured out what it takes to win. They've got the pathway. They know what it takes."

Lewis is set to meet with Bengals president Mike Brown on Monday. It is believed that Brown is thinking of asking Lewis back, but it's also believed that Lewis would like some changes. He wouldn't be specific, but he said an indoor facility is not an obstacle. He said that Brown realizes with the advent of an 18-game schedule there will have to be a new facility.

But that is as specific as Lewis got in his postgame press conference. On Friday, Lewis said he was at a "starting over point." He reiterated that on Sunday.

"In my coaching career, I'm at a different point than I was eight years ago," Lewis said. "This team is in a good place, and that's a good thing."

Marvin is gone. Zimmer will be OFFERED the job. I'd say 65-35 he accepts, because it is difficult to get a head coaching gig. Give Marv credit. He did the unthinkable. He gave Mike Brown 2 winning seasons. That's it. MAYBE - JUST MAYBE Zimmer can squeeze a playoff win out, but we'll never win a Super Bowl until Mike Brown quits running things. I can't wait for him to die. That's my only hope.

Good for Marvin by the way. He wants to turn the Bengals into an official NFL team. I hate Mike Brown.

Marvin is gone. Zimmer will be OFFERED the job. I'd say 65-35 he accepts, because it is difficult to get a head coaching gig. Give Marv credit. He did the unthinkable. He gave Mike Brown 2 winning seasons. That's it. MAYBE - JUST MAYBE Zimmer can squeeze a playoff win out, but we'll never win a Super Bowl until Mike Brown quits running things. I can't wait for him to die. That's my only hope.

Good for Marvin by the way. He wants to turn the Bengals into an official NFL team. I hate Mike Brown.

With Jason Garrett getting the job in Dallas, I wonder if he contacts Zimmer. I think his daughter's are there. Would he rather be asst. HC there or HC here?

HC in Cincy. The organization sucks, but it's still a HC. I think the team has talent. What a draft they just had. Hell. I think the Bengals D has more talent than Dallas. Mike Zimmer will be the next Bengals head coach.

I don't hate that idea.