Sure would be nice to have that practice bubble today

cincyhokie

I wonder how much Carson and the recievers got to work on their passing game today in the hurricane force winds and rain?

What's that you say? Hurricane force wind and rain, and yet somehow there's STILL no on-site practice facility made out of Hefty bags and tent poles?

Madness.

My only concern would be space. If Soccer Wall 2 Wall has enough room for the team to practice, then that's great! Make it a multi-year contract. It does beat garbage bags or whatever but a team needs a place to practice in severe weather.

I knew this topic would get your attention.

I guess this is where JoePong is proven correct, finally, in that the lack of a passing game is sure to doom this club in the frigid, windy winter season, where the ability to air out the ole' pigskin in the winter is paramount to success.

But wait greg, isn't it better to run the ball under such conditions, control the clock, and ergo play a low scoring game where you limit the opponents opportunities to score?

I guess this is where JoePong is proven correct, finally, in that the lack of a passing game is sure to doom this club in the frigid, windy winter season, where the ability to air out the ole' pigskin in the winter is paramount to success.

I agree. I actually hope they win every game for the rest of the year 17-7. I'm much much more confident in this team's play at this point in the season than in 2005.

But wait greg, isn't it better to run the ball under such conditions, control the clock, and ergo play a low scoring game where you limit the opponents opportunities to score?

That's only in semi-pro ball.

Hey, I love this topic. Plenty of opportunity for me to do the joking thing, while at the same time being attacked by remarkably earnest angry people determined to be upset about something.

I live for this stuff.

There is alot of anger, isn't there? I thought football was supposed to be something fun, especially this year.

There is alot of anger, isn't there? I thought football was supposed to be something fun, especially this year.

I have a theory about this.

Half-baked, of course.

Winning may be the cure to everything, but it won't settle a single debate on the internet. Because what we do here has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Because we're all about our own opinions and a better won/loss record only serves to shift the debate, not settle it.

In short, while this is a happier time in regards to winning....there are still too many personal scores to be settled between the diehards and the fedups, between the so-called lemmings and the clueless douchebags, between the Homers and the Moe is We crowd, between those who are true fans and those who just like to whine about how Mike Brown doesn't love them enough to buy them an X-Box 360 or a practice bubble.

I have a theory about this.

Half-baked, of course.

Winning may be the cure to everything, but it won't settle a single debate on the internet. Because what we do here has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Because we're all about our own opinions and a better won/loss record only serves to shift the debate, not settle it.

In short, while this is a happier time in regards to winning....there are still too many personal scores to be settled between the diehards and the fedups, between the so-called lemmings and the clueless douchebags, between the Homers and the Moe is We crowd, between those who are true fans and those who just like to whine about how Mike Brown doesn't love them enough to buy them an X-Box 360 or a practice bubble.

Yep, and just like in "real life", message boards are a platform or a way to vent over topics that really have nothing to do about football. So let's count our blessings as this year we have both entertaining football and the usual debated threads and endless arguing.

I would like an X-Box from Mike Brown. I don't have use for the practice bubble.

And I am STUNNED, upset of the year stunned, that Shula Steak did not start this thread. I sat here at work all day expecting to come on here, after reading Reedy's tweets on the indoor practice, to the Shula Steak bubble thread. Up is down. Left is right.

I wonder how much Carson and the recievers got to work on their passing game today in the hurricane force winds and rain?

What's that you say? Hurricane force wind and rain, and yet somehow there's STILL no on-site practice facility made out of Hefty bags and tent poles?

Madness.

My only concern would be space. If Soccer Wall 2 Wall has enough room for the team to practice, then that's great! Make it a multi-year contract. It does beat garbage bags or whatever but a team needs a place to practice in severe weather.

Wall2Wall definitely has the square footage for the team to practice but I really don't think the ceiling is high enough to practice any deep routes or special teams. I may be wrong. I've only been there once and it was a few years ago.

What's this? Possibly forcing the players to take short bus rides on two straight days?

Notes: Bengals on the move

By Scott Priestle, CNATI.com Posted December 9, 2009 1:34 PM ET

As high winds and rain rolled into town Wednesday afternoon, Bengals players loaded onto buses and rolled out of downtown. Because the team does not have a covered practice facility, the players and coaches headed to Mason to work out at an indoor athletic complex.

There were mixed feelings about the trip.

Receiver Chad Ochocinco did not mind the inconvenience. "It's a freaking blizzard out there," he said. "We wouldn't get anything done."

Quarterback Carson Palmer referred to the bus ride as "a pain" and "a drag." He recalled sitting in highway traffic for two hours one winter day during the 2004 season.

"I think everyone in the locker room understands our situation," Palmer said. "You have to find a way to deal with it."

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has lobbied in the past for an indoor facility near Paul Brown Stadium, though in recent years he has seemed resigned to using Plan B.

The Bengals frequently practice outside in bad weather, particularly if the game will be played in similar conditions. In this case, the upcoming game is indoors at the Metrodome, and the high winds would have made it nearly impossible to have a productive practice. Lewis said the team would have bused to Mason even if Sunday's game was to be played outside.

It is possible the Bengals will bus to Mason again Thursday.

"We've been through certain levels of adversity, schedule changes here and there," linebacker Dhani Jones said. "The most important thing is to stay focused."

On that particular subject, was listening to Weenie and Blowlic on my way into work this a.m. and they spent a few minutes going through the last few weeks and the playoffs, and with the possible exception of a scenario that brings San Diego to Cincinnati for a playoff game, weather won't be a factor since most games look like they'll be played in either warm-weather locales or domes. There could be some quirks by the time we get to the playoffs, but it doesn't look like the weather will play much of a role this year.

On that particular subject, was listening to Weenie and Blowlic on my way into work this a.m. and they spent a few minutes going through the last few weeks and the playoffs, and with the possible exception of a scenario that brings San Diego to Cincinnati for a playoff game, weather won't be a factor since most games look like they'll be played in either warm-weather locales or domes. There could be some quirks by the time we get to the playoffs, but it doesn't look like the weather will play much of a role this year.

Not sure how those scenarios were set up, but I don't think this is necessarily true. If we get the number two seed, we play week two in Cincy where weather will definitely be a factor. If Indy loses in week two, and we win, AFC championship comes to Cincy. Obviously that banks on two long-shot possibilities, but it is still fairly feasible.

The very thought of Carson Palmer being subjected to a lowly bus ride is almost too much to endure, isn't it?

In fact, wouldn't a mile long parade of stretch limos be more fitting?

The very idea of the team having to travel anywhere to practice is unacceptable. The taxpayers need to dig deep to build another facility for them right next door. And while they're at it, they can pay for solid gold hot tubs and an onsite jail facility just in case.

The very idea of the team having to travel anywhere to practice is unacceptable. The taxpayers need to dig deep to build another facility for them right next door. And while they're at it, they can pay for solid gold hot tubs and an onsite jail facility just in case.

But Hamilton County taxpayers aren't interested in building a needless practice facility. In fact, their level of interest is strictly limited to demanding someone else pay for what THEY want.