Bengals vs Steelers After thoughts 2#

Kazkal

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are strong in all 3 areas (ST still needs some work but reasonably solid and occasionally good). The one constant has been the D. A good D always always always gives you a chance. Combine that with our offense which is a little inconsistent but loaded with talent and has stopped killing itself and well, I'm beginning to dream big fellas.

Some final numbers on Bengals D: held Ben Roethlisberger to 174 yards on 40 throws and Rashard Mendenhall to 36 yards on 13 carries

That's disgusting. I love beating the steelers.

Playing Indy in their dome or playing whoever at PBS without a first round bye . . . in all honesty I want another HOME playoff game for us starving bengals fans (plus I have dibs on a ticket with my season ticket holder buddy :cheers: )

I just watched ten minutes of analysis on sportscenter and all four of the talking heads were stumbling over their words and nearly blushing as they began superbowl run talks. Hilarious. Great day to be a bengal fan.

I love this quote for Benny...

"Something was weird about the day. I don’t know if it was the weather in November or what but it seemed like even the crowd at the beginning – everyone was just kind of different."

Because for once, you weren't the best team on the field..... Your "fans" (use that term loosely for pissburgh) didn't know how to react either to a Bengals Team that was better at every point in the game.

It was different. At no point during this game was I overly worried. Such a strange thing against the Steelers, :huh:

Same here. I actually looked forward to each time the defense took the field. I love watching this unit on the field. In the old days, the defense would take the field and you'd be like, "Oh, God, here we go again."

It was different. At no point during this game was I overly worried. Such a strange thing against the Steelers, :huh:

Same here. I actually looked forward to each time the defense took the field. I love watching this unit on the field. In the old days, the defense would take the field and you'd be like, "Oh, God, here we go again."

Exactly Greg.

There's that Steeler class! The best part of the game was the end when 60K Squeeler fans didn't have a thing to say. I do question why anyone would want to get on a Steeler site as I can really care less what that trash has to say. I feel a big leap in domestic violence in the 'burg tonight...

If there's anybody that deserves a game ball, its Fanene. Six tackles, two sacks, and a pass deflection. A monster game for a D-lineman and it looks like we have another late round pick that is breaking out for us.

That fact strikes me as incredible. It has seldom been the Bengals way.

If there's anybody that deserves a game ball, its Fanene. Six tackles, two sacks, and a pass deflection. A monster game for a D-lineman and it looks like we have another late round pick that is breaking out for us.

It totally amazes me what Marvin is starting to do with late round picks. Just look at the list of late rounders and undrafted free agents.

Fanene

Ndukwe

Trent

Scott

Livings

Coats

Graham

Huber

Jeanty

Hebert

Then look at some of the young castoffs we have taken in and turned into quality pros.

Roland

Mathis

David Jones

Hodge

Brandon Johnson

Cook

It's like our draft strategies and all of our free agent moves (barring injury) are finally starting to click. It seems like the front office can do no wrong right now.

It totally amazes me what Marvin is starting to do with late round picks. Just look at the list of late rounders and undrafted free agents.

Fanene

Ndukwe

Trent

Scott

Livings

Coats

Graham

Huber

Jeanty

Hebert

Then look at some of the young castoffs we have taken in and turned into quality pros.

Roland

Mathis

David Jones

Hodge

Brandon Johnson

Cook

It's like our draft strategies and all of our free agent moves (barring injury) are finally starting to click. It seems like the front office can do no wrong right now.

That list makes my head spin. So many players coming together at one time! Maybe that Hard Knocks thing will yield more than I ever thought.

There's that Steeler class! The best part of the game was the end when 60K Squeeler fans didn't have a thing to say. I do question why anyone would want to get on a Steeler site as I can really care less what that trash has to say. I feel a big leap in domestic violence in the 'burg tonight...

Well I've posted on stillers.com for quite some time now when they aren't being douchebags about beating us or whining when their losing it's fun to get other peoples perspective upon things.

RolandI'd love to keep him but I'm sure another team will be willing to give him a chance...I think he may be a RFA though

MathisExtend him Solid Starter who should'nt be $$$

David Jones

Hodge

Brandon J Extend him now he should be Reyreys replacement next year...Great in Coverage and has done a solid job blitzing imo

Speaking of some of those guys ;)

RolandI'd love to keep him but I'm sure another team will be willing to give him a chance...I think he may be a RFA though

MathisExtend him Solid Starter who should'nt be $$$

David Jones

Hodge

Brandon J Extend him now he should be Reyreys replacement next year...Great in Coverage and has done a solid job blitzing imo

Speaking of some of those guys ;)

Roland, Cook, and Livings are all restricted free agents. I'm not sure about Mathis.

I missed the game due to being out of town but I caught the 4th quarter on 700wlw coming back from Columbus airport. I just watched the game on DVR. I'm in awe of this defense. Fanane, Trent, Johnson, Rucker....all guys that are new or newer to this team stepping up and performing at a high level. THAT is a sign of a very good football team!

Well I've posted on stillers.com for quite some time now when they aren't being douchebags about beating us or whining when their losing it's fun to get other peoples perspective upon things.

I know maybe 2 Squeeler fans with even one ounce of class. When they are winning, you can't shut them up. But, when they're losing....let's just say... hide the women. I understand you wanting to be a gracious winner, but that fan base does not deserve that. To the 2 Steeler fans with class I say, hey you have nothing to be ashamed of, you are still the champs. To the rest of you trailer trash thugs.....SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mid/low draft picks being productive - it's what good teams are able to do and it is exactly that thing that separates them from the 'decent' teams and brings success. It's no coincidence. The overwhelming majority of players in the league are those drafted outside the top 2 rnds. You will never have success if you can't get the majority of players on your roster to play in your system.

For the first time in my short Bengals life this team has an identity, and no I never bought into the we're a powerhouse offense as an identity. An offense can be shut down. A good D will help you grind out victories. This team has an purpose and a direction finally. It really helps and allows some of those lower rnd picks to be put in positions where they will be successful as opposed to just pushing them out onto the field and telling them to go and out-talent their guy play after play.

The coaching staff have done an incredible job installing the new systems and building coherent and strong units - namely the O-line and D-line. Then plugging in those nice flashy, high rnd picks around those units to benefit from those units and make plays.

The most important re-signing this offseason? Zimmer, by a county mile.

Look at who ran the ball in the 4th quarter. Leonard and Scott. A castoff and a late rounder. And the Bengals offense dominated. It doesn't matter that they didn't get a td, they scored twice and just held the ball on those last 2 drives. Great to see so many guys who weren't even on the team last year step up and play well.

In regards to signings, I'm hoping the good season they're having will create some esprit de corps, and guys like Roland won't want to leave. Hopefully some will sign a fair market deal without shopping around too much. Tired of all those players who just want to badmouth the team and organization as they use us for leverage on their way out of town. Yea, you, TJ.

When Marvin first got here that was one of the first things he talked about. And it was an area that we sucked at. Seems we've improved somewhat. It will be interesting to see what people say about our scouting department now. But it sure seems like we have managed to really strike it with a lot of those low picks.

For the first time in my short Bengals life this team has an identity

I don't know why you chose the Bengals as your team but you did it when not too many people wanted to associate with them. Hell, I'm from Cincinnati and last year I was cursing the fact that I was a fan. If you have any friends, co-workers that used to jab you for being a Bengals fan, give them hell tomorrow...you deserve it.

I don't know why you chose the Bengals as your team but you did it when not too many people wanted to associate with them. Hell, I'm from Cincinnati and last year I was cursing the fact that I was a fan. If you have any friends, co-workers that used to jab you for being a Bengals fan, give them hell tomorrow...you deserve it.

Haha, marriage. But I've been a Tottenham (soccer) fan all my life. I'm used to having metaphorical sand kicked in my face yr in and yr out. Jesus, even my college FB team started sucking shortly after I was aware of its existence.

I do know a Steelers fan though, he's from Penn. Works at the same company here in London. Nice enough guy but he's still gonna get s**t. It's the law.

Haha, marriage. But I've been a Tottenham (soccer) fan all my life. I'm used to having metaphorical sand kicked in my face yr in and yr out. Jesus, even my college FB team started sucking shortly after I was aware of its existence.

I do know a Steelers fan though, he's from Penn. Works at the same company here in London. Nice enough guy but he's still gonna get s**t. It's the law.

Pidge, you literally read my mind. I was going to say that there probably wasn't one person at your work that's even heard of the Bengals. That would be like you telling me to rub it in to my co-workers here in Ohio if the Tottenham Spurs (and yes that was the team I was going to cite even before you said that was who you rooted for)pummeled Man. U.

Of course, I'm an Arsenal guy anyway. ;)

Ha! Yeah, my brother in law is a Steelers fan. Nice guy too but empathy and sympathy have no place tomorrow for any Steelers fan. Give him hell.