Bengals vs Steelers After thoughts 2#

Kazkal

Fanene, Peko, Geathers and Johnson were ferocious all day

Can't recall our D-line, with "second-stringers" play so well.

Brian Leonard, once again, makes plays

He is this era's Stanford Jennings

L. Coles is quickly becoming a great contributor

Between him and Caldwell, TJ who?

Props to Chad and Carson for not imploding when things weren't going well in the middle of the game

Not so sure, Chad sulked like a baby...very sensitive isn't he?

Good play calling by Brat and Marvin

Agree. Execution was the key.

Our O-line did just enough and was impressive on the last drive

Agree, in fact Whit handled Harrison and Roland did very well against Woodley for the wole game.

Tomlin is just too cool for me

He showed as much emotion, which I saw as nervous energy, as I had ever seen.

I loved watching Cowher squirm in his chair after the game as if he dropped a load. We Dey F*ker!

Cowher will end up coaching again soon, and I can't wait for the Begals to beat the crap out of whoever that team is

Bernard Scott...game changer. The game never got too big for him. Good ball security.

I think they need to reviewosme of the runs they called for him, as they were Cedric plays, Scott needs Scott plays

Nice work by the DBs.

NDukwe really did not need to PI on the deep pass but for all he knew it was to save a TD at that moment. All in all, they were elite.

Like the physical nature of play with my boy Wines.

On the Rucker INT, Brandon Johnson decked Colon on a crack-back. flattened. beautiful.

Excellent effort by Quan Cosby at the end of the kickoff return

Heart of a warrior on that play by Quan. slefless team effort, an example of how this team operates now.

Missed FG and XP had me worried

Simply can't happen anymore. Gotta fix that.

Too many missed opportunities with dropped INTs

Two were clearly drops... game would have been uite different had they made the grabs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to Chad and Carson for not imploding when things weren't going well in the middle of the game

Yeah. I rewatched the game a couple days ago and noted how many times Chad showed Palmer up with his throwing his hands in the air routine. Palmer always seems to handle it just fine, but Chad needs to cut that s**t out. Seriously, only he and T.O. show up their QB so often so visibly.

Yeah. I rewatched the game a couple days ago and noted how many times Chad showed Palmer up with his throwing his hands in the air routine. Palmer always seems to handle it just fine, but Chad needs to cut that s**t out. Seriously, only he and T.O. show up their QB so often so visibly.

It is crap.

I mean, even from a "poker face" standpoint, if you show such visible distress on a badd pass or route, the otehr team can sieze on that and feed it bakc to you. All of it gets your focus of the game.

Chad needs to show more mental toughness. The guy has all the talent in the world but at the top of that brain stem is a Pentium 100 processor with 32 MB of RAM.

It is crap.

I mean, even from a "poker face" standpoint, if you show such visible distress on a badd pass or route, the otehr team can sieze on that and feed it bakc to you. All of it gets your focus of the game.

Chad needs to show more mental toughness. The guy has all the talent in the world but at the top of that brain stem is a Pentium 100 processor with 32 MB of RAM.

I caution you guys, you are inviting a response from gizzle.

Let's not. :D

It is crap.

I caution you guys, you are inviting a response from gizzle.

Let's not. :D

agree.

Chad had as good of a game as he could. he drew double teams, made a couple of nice plays and the team came out with a win. they must account for him at all times and Lebeau always makes it a point to lock him up. Pitt can say all they wa they did nothing special because it was their normal lcokdown on Chad.

Hats off to chad.

On the Rucker INT, Brandon Johnson decked Colon on a crack-back. flattened. beautiful.

From start to finish Brandon Johnson made Colon his bitch. In fact, if you get a chance to watch the Geathers sack again watch how Colon incorrectly switches to a blitzing BJ, letting Geathers go completely unblocked. That probably doesn't happen if Johnson hadn't been whipping Colon all game long. Popped him for a couple of penalties, too.

Oh, and add Kemoatou to the list as well. Because no matter how his name is spelled, and I'm not looking it up, the Bengals abused him often.

Tomlin is just too cool for me

He showed as much emotion, which I saw as nervous energy, as I had ever seen.

I wasn't parked in front of the TV during the game so I may have missed more of the theatrics but things could have been worse (open warfare on the sideline) right after that poor sequence when Carson was way off on a couple of passes to Chad. I did see him being interviewd after the game and he had a big smile on his face.

And for Tomlin, he just has an air about him. Maybe it's the Top Gun shades as someone else put it. I wouldn't put him in the Barry Switzer-after-Jimmy Johnson-left category yet but we'll see how he does over the next few years. Especially after Dick LeBeau finally retires.

I actually see a LOT of receivers every week that will throw up their hands in frustration when they think they were open or their QB misses them on a pass.

I'm not saying I like it...I don't. But it's more common than you guys are letting on. As long as he gets back to the line and goes all out on the next play, I'm not concerned, and I doubt Carson is either.

I actually see a LOT of receivers every week that will throw up their hands in frustration when they think they were open or their QB misses them on a pass.

I'm not saying I like it...I don't. But it's more common than you guys are letting on. As long as he gets back to the line and goes all out on the next play, I'm not concerned, and I doubt Carson is either.

Yeah- Carson missed Chad on two 25-30 yard passes. I was frustrated as well. I dont like it when Chad does that but I dont think its showing anyone up. Chad and Carson have played together for a long time. I dont think Carson cares. Im sure Carson knows he missed him.

Housh is the king at after play outbursts with the refs and qb. That was very irritating

Yeah- Carson missed Chad on two 25-30 yard passes. I was frustrated as well. I dont like it when Chad does that but I dont think its showing anyone up. Chad and Carson have played together for a long time. I dont think Carson cares. Im sure Carson knows he missed him.

Yeah, Lord knows I was sulking after a couple of those throws. Palmer was definitely "off" early on. Hell, the game wouldn't have been as close as it was if some of those early throws were on target. But it happens and they were all on the same page by the end of it.