Any names for the Bengals Defense?

icehole3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should call their defense Phil....or maybe Steve.

Phil is good. We could also go with Defensatron 4000. That sounds techy and kind of like a robot, which are pretty tough since they're made of metal. I also think we should integrate the green movement into this. Being green is just so important. Forget it, I'm going with a list:

1. Phil

2. Defensatron 4000

3. Pumpkin's Rage-Filled Army.

4. W3 (secretly stands for We Want Women)

5. Burned Out Killers

6. We Might Blitz, We Might Not, You Can't Really Tell

7. The Meatloaf Special (I had this for lunch, and I just like the way it sounds, but it would be a pretty good name for a defense too)

8. Bitch, Get Me Another Beer

There, those are 8 good names for this defense. Hopefully someone from the Enquirer will read this and plagiarize like they usually do, and we'll have a brand new name for our D!

falling off my chair.... hard to top those. not sure it is worth trying.

Here are some.

A. Wall of Fur (or Wall of Claws/Fangs)

B. BlitzCats - also could be the SackCats

C. Phil is Ok, but maybe something more obscure, like Murray or Oscar?

D. Zimmer's Heroes (when they play bad we can alternate with Zeroes)

Pidge's "CincinnaD" is solid.

I will keep Phil, but am officially dropping Steve and endorsing Murray...

I love this defense, but why do they need a name lol lol, but some of these names are just down right funny lol!! Ill tell you what though if they continue to play like they have against Baltimore and Chicago wow the sky is the limit for this defense. The real test will be this weekend agaisnt the Steelers.

Brandon Johnson needs to play he needs to be in there more then he is now. He can cover tight ends something this team hasnt had in awhile. They need to keep him and play him more.

I love this defense, but why do they need a name lol lol, but some of these names are just down right funny lol!! Ill tell you what though if they continue to play like they have against Baltimore and Chicago wow the sky is the limit for this defense. The real test will be this weekend agaisnt the Steelers.

Brandon Johnson needs to play he needs to be in there more then he is now. He can cover tight ends something this team hasnt had in awhile. They need to keep him and play him more.

The reason it needs a name is because there was already a "No Name Defense".

So, we can simply call this defense "Murray" or something else that is catchy. the Cast-off Cats, or the Grim Scrap Heapers, etc.

Saying "Murray really held Baltimore this weekend, they only went 1-for-10 on 3rd down" kind of rolls off the tongue.

he meant at the OLB spot as opposed to the MLB spot specifically. It's not obvious though from that post alone.

Ah. OK

Jeanty for one.

Possibly Michael Johnson, since they worked him out at the SLB some in camp

Skuta has the size for SSLB, and is supposedly pretty versatile

Or a draft pick

I'd bet Dhani could back up both spots

Where's Joe Pong when you need him?

I'll look into it if ever we reach such a juncture

I hope Dhani returns next yr also as a backup. His mind is still willing but the legs, they're not so sure. I myself favour a straight out battle between Jeanty and Johnson for the remaining outside spot or a rotation of the two even.

Thanks Pidge, I just can't talk to TJ. He's got a problem with me and I can honestly say I am not too fond of him either.

I know we drafted Rey Rey to play MLB eventually! I like Jeanty but I think we can easily upgrade through the draft. Hell no, to playing Michael Johnson at SLB! He's a pass rusher, period.

I like Rivers but Brandon Johnson gives us the exact same thing maybe more.

Skuta? Are you f**king serious? That's maybe the stupidest thing you've ever said...wait you are TJ! Ba-Zing! :lmao:

Double post. So sue me.

Yeah, Pidge. WTF?!

(jk)

Why I oughtta!

In all seriousness, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize (even using the US-English spelling there, that's how sorry I am) to you personally Greg, and indeed the entire board, for my double post. It was unnecessary and, frankly, an unimpressive post (yeah yeah, what's new) with which to double post.

Double post. So sue me.

Yeah, Pidge. WTF?!

(jk)

Why I oughtta!

In all seriousness, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize (even using the US-English spelling there, that's how sorry I am) to you personally Greg, and indeed the entire board, for my double post. It was unnecessary and, frankly, an unimpressive post (yeah yeah, what's new) with which to double post.

Pidge, on behalf of Mike Brown, the forum and, indeed, all of the good old U. S. of A., I appreciate you apologising (hoping that is the correct British spelling to further our good will), and assure you I felt the post was more than proper for a double, or even a triple post.

Don't ever give it a second thought.

The Wild Somoans

In honor of Peko, Fanene, and Maualuga.

Wow. That picture takes me back. I remember seeing The Rock's dad and Tony Atlas beat them on tv for the WWF tag belts. I'd forgot how ugly they were.

However, keeping with the same theme, but avoiding the inevitable lawsuit that would surely follow, how about Tats and Bangs, in honor of their tribal tats and wild hair-dos?

The anxious PBS crowd slowly hushes as music begins to play, and the stadium announcer begins to speak

LADIES....AND....GENTLEMAN

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE TO YOU

THE BENGALS SCRAPHEAP-TO-STARS DEFENSIVE UNIT

THE C Z O

THE CINCINNATI ZIMMPHONY ORCHESTRA

*cheering as the starters take the field, introduced one my one*

AND YOUR CONDUCTOR FOR THE EVENING

MIKE

ZIMMER

*more cheering as Zimmer takes the field*

START THE MUSIC

LET THE CONCERT

B E G I N

....Our string quartet

....CB....Jonathan Joseph

....CB.....Leon Hall

....Safety.....Chinedum Ndukewe

....and Safety....Chris Crocker

....Our Drum-beating Percussion Section

....Linebacker.....Keith Rivers

....Linebacker.....Dhani Jones

....and Linebacker.....Rey Maualuga

....and our Big Brass Band

....Defensive End.....Robert Geathers

....Defensive Tackle.....Domata Peko

....Defensive Tackle.....Pat Sims

....and Defensive End.....Jonathan Fanene

also

C - Z - O

makes for a great and easily repeatable chant/cheer for the crowd

think of the whole stadium thundering over and over again

C Z O!

C Z O!

C Z O!

and they could even be stomping the ground and/or clapping their hands in tune with the letters

and the defense hearing this will know that instead of there just being generalized 12th man crowd noise, its all about THEM getting the respect they have to this point definitely earned....will fire them up tremendously

and if you're Mike Zimmer, wouldn't you WANT to sign on long-term with a team where you get this kind of love?

and the whole orchestra theme lends itself to so many other things.....

examples:

an orchestra is a collection of anonymous individuals made great by their collaboration, their efforts as a team. this is hugely on-theme for this defense

each player could have a snippet of well-known classical music associated with them, individual themes, with the smaller guys with the lighter stuff and the big fellows with the heavier stuff. I am liking 1812 Overture for Rey

Ok, first off, love this thread. Hilarious.

Gotta say of all the names, I like Defensatron 4000. Not just because it sounds awesome, but also because our defense often looks like a well oiled machine on the field.

Also, much love for the Cincinnati Zimmphony Orchestra. I like it.

Finaly, have to disagree with the following statement:

"I like Rivers but Brandon Johnson gives us the exact same thing maybe more."

I know its not meant as a bash to Rivers in any way, but Rivers is the most consistent, and best tackler of this linebacker corp. Maualuga gets out of position on occasion, and Dahani is long of tooth, I have seen Rivers make the solid play to back them up so many times this year. That said, when it comes to pass coverage, Brandon Johnson is one of the best lbs this team has had in I dont know how long. Both good players, but I just dont think Johnson is on Rivers level.

also

C - Z - O

makes for a great and easily repeatable chant/cheer for the crowd

think of the whole stadium thundering over and over again

C Z O!

C Z O!

C Z O!

and they could even be stomping the ground and/or clapping their hands in tune with the letters

and the defense hearing this will know that instead of there just being generalized 12th man crowd noise, its all about THEM getting the respect they have to this point definitely earned....will fire them up tremendously

and if you're Mike Zimmer, wouldn't you WANT to sign on long-term with a team where you get this kind of love?

and the whole orchestra theme lends itself to so many other things.....

examples:

an orchestra is a collection of anonymous individuals made great by their collaboration, their efforts as a team. this is hugely on-theme for this defense

each player could have a snippet of well-known classical music associated with them, individual themes, with the smaller guys with the lighter stuff and the big fellows with the heavier stuff. I am liking 1812 Overture for Rey

:jawdrop:

Wow. A lot of thought, or tequila, went into this.

...I LIKE IT!!!