What they are saying in Baltimore-part II (merged)

cincyhokie

I'm not sure what they are actually saying in Baltimore. I was hoping to get Membengal to start another thread.

But here's what some of the Ravens message boards are saying:

/>http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=223073

/>http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/15106-ravensbengals-week-9/

/>http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5045398

Alot of the fans still think that the Bengals got lucky the last time we played them. This is a new Ravens team and because they beat Denver who has a better O-line, they will beat the Bengals, you see?...blah, blah, blah...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of the fans still think that the Bengals got lucky the last time we played them.

Lucky!?! Cedric Benson gashed them for 100+ yards. The OL gave Palmer time in the pocket. There's no luck there, just one team getting the better of another.

Alot of the fans still think that the Bengals got lucky the last time we played them.

Lucky!?! Cedric Benson gashed them for 100+ yards. The OL gave Palmer time in the pocket. There's no luck there, just one team getting the better of another.

But Billy, when has reality and Ravens fans had anything to do with each other?

This is my favorite. From a poster at ravenstalk.com:

looking at the Bengals schedule,

Week 9 vs Baltimore

I think we are going to win this game

Week 10 @ Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh won't get swept by the Bengals, not in Pittsburgh

week 11 @ Oakland

You'd think that they would win this one, but a game on the west coast against a hard nosed team after playing the Ravens and Steelers might not be THAT easy.

week 12 vs Cleveland

win

week 13 vs Detriot

win

week 14 @ Min

I'd bet on Minnesota

week 15 @ SD

SD seems to always turn it on in the last few weeks, so there's a good chance the Bengals are 1-1 or 0-2 on the left coast this year

week 16 vs KC

win

week 17 @ NYJ

Close game

I'd say 8-8 or 9-7 is a good possibility, maybe even 7-9

This is my favorite. From a poster at ravenstalk.com:

looking at the Bengals schedule,

Week 9 vs Baltimore

I think we are going to win this game

Week 10 @ Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh won't get swept by the Bengals, not in Pittsburgh

week 11 @ Oakland

You'd think that they would win this one, but a game on the west coast against a hard nosed team after playing the Ravens and Steelers might not be THAT easy.

week 12 vs Cleveland

win

week 13 vs Detriot

win

week 14 @ Min

I'd bet on Minnesota

week 15 @ SD

SD seems to always turn it on in the last few weeks, so there's a good chance the Bengals are 1-1 or 0-2 on the left coast this year

week 16 vs KC

win

week 17 @ NYJ

Close game

I'd say 8-8 or 9-7 is a good possibility, maybe even 7-9

I dont think the rAvens need to be looking at our schedule. Theirs is tough enough.

The have Pitt twice, Us once, Indianapolis, Chi, GB - they are 4-3. Split the Pitt series, lose to Indy, Split the Chi/GB, Lose to us - 2-4. 6-7 at that point. Not good enough this year. Even if they go 9-7. Heck 10-6 might not be good enough.

I give you exhibit A.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d81363807/WK-5-Playbook-Ravens-vs-Bengals-recap

They are at it again. I avoided sports talk radio locally here in Baltimore yesterday in the aftermath of the Ravens win over the Broncos, but waded back in this Tuesday morning.

Big mistake.

It would appear, based on the sampling of morning callers on the Rob Long show (Fox 1370), that there is no way the Ravens will lose this weekend against the Bengals. No. way. Rob Long himself has now decreed it. For support, they note that Baltimore is favored in Vegas, and that the Bengals got beat down by the Texans a few weeks back. And clearly, say the callers, the Texans suck. 5-3 record for Houston notwithstanding.

On top of that, it remains a fluke that Baltimore lost any of their games, and while they are 4-3, their “real” record is 7-0. Additionally, the defense is now “mad” and the Bengals will be lucky to do anything offensively.

Gonna be a lllloooooooonnnnnnngggg week locally again here in Baltimore. Man, but this remains a cocky fanbase.

Will update throughout the week as last time as samplings of the local talk warrants.

They are at it again. I avoided sports talk radio locally here in Baltimore yesterday in the aftermath of the Ravens win over the Broncos, but waded back in this Tuesday morning.

Big mistake.

It would appear, based on the sampling of morning callers on the Rob Long show (Fox 1370), that there is no way the Ravens will lose this weekend against the Bengals. No. way. Rob Long himself has now decreed it. For support, they note that Baltimore is favored in Vegas, and that the Bengals got beat down by the Texans a few weeks back. And clearly, say the callers, the Texans suck. 5-3 record for Houston notwithstanding.

On top of that, it remains a fluke that Baltimore lost any of their games, and while they are 4-3, their “real” record is 7-0. Additionally, the defense is now “mad” and the Bengals will be lucky to do anything offensively.

Gonna be a lllloooooooonnnnnnngggg week locally again here in Baltimore. Man, but this remains a cocky fanbase.

Will update throughout the week as last time as samplings of the local talk warrants.

Weren't they "mad" last time because how the refs "robbed" them at NE? Weren't they favored by 8 points last time? Didn't we have "no chance" last time?

So this time, they're "really, really, super mad" because we beat them in Baltimore? I love it.

Cocky fanbase? Nah.

Here's another post from ravenstalk.com

This is all a hypothetical opinion.

The Ravens seem to play to the expectation level of another team. So when we play elite teams like Denver, NE, Minny. We can make a competitive game out of it with our best effort. When we play poor teams (besides Cleveland because they are just horrible) like KC or SD, we let them make a competitive game out of it.

What happened in the first game was our expectations of the Bengals was low, so that's how the Ravens played. Turned out that they were a good team, and we got screwed by our mentality.

This upcoming game we'll have higher expectations of the Bengals, and the Bengals will probably fail to reach those expectations. So I see a dominating performance by the Ravens this week.

Cocky fanbase? Nah.

Here's another post from ravenstalk.com

This is all a hypothetical opinion.

The Ravens seem to play to the expectation level of another team. So when we play elite teams like Denver, NE, Minny. We can make a competitive game out of it with our best effort. When we play poor teams (besides Cleveland because they are just horrible) like KC or SD, we let them make a competitive game out of it.

What happened in the first game was our expectations of the Bengals was low, so that's how the Ravens played. Turned out that they were a good team, and we got screwed by our mentality.

This upcoming game we'll have higher expectations of the Bengals, and the Bengals will probably fail to reach those expectations. So I see a dominating performance by the Ravens this week.

Haha, nice find Hokie. In a post saying they will not underestimate us, they, erm, underestimate us.

I also just lurve the fact that Den is an elite team all of a sudden but us, nah. Still schlubs.

That's pretty much it, hokie. But this time their "mad" is focused at Benson and the Bengals and they way that game was stolen last time. Clearly, in the minds of the fans, at least, the Ravens are so far superior to the Bengals that this game will be about setting things back to right with the cosmos.

C.o.c.k.y. The lot of them.

That's pretty much it, hokie. But this time their "mad" is focused at Benson and the Bengals and they way that game was stolen last time. Clearly, in the minds of the fans, at least, the Ravens are so far superior to the Bengals that this game will be about setting things back to right with the cosmos.

Funny, isn't it? The Bengals with Carson are 7-3 against them in the last 10 games since 2004, we have swept them 2x in 2005 and 2007. The last time the Ravens swept us was...2002. The cosmos is aligned I'd say.

I give you exhibit A.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d81363807/WK-5-Playbook-Ravens-vs-Bengals-recap

About 2 minutes, 30 seconds into that video they show a running play. Watch Cook and the right side of our line, they run an unbalanced thing. Check out what Cook, Bobbie, and I think it's Roland and Collins, do. They just decimate the Ravens down linemen. I think Hiloti Ngata gets pushed about 5 yards downfield. Those cocky Ravens fans should check that video out and explain what their D will do about that. Bring linbackers and or safety up? Carson will read it and check down to a pass. Pretty impressive video there.

Funny, isn't it? The Bengals with Carson are 7-3 against them in the last 10 games since 2004, we have swept them 2x in 2005 and 2007. The last time the Ravens swept us was...2002. The cosmos is aligned I'd say.

Not to nitpick, but they actually swept us last year. I have a feeling they still think it's last year in Baltimore, for both teams.

I give you exhibit A.

About 2 minutes, 30 seconds into that video they show a running play. Watch Cook and the right side of our line, they run an unbalanced thing. Check out what Cook, Bobbie, and I think it's Roland and Collins, do. They just decimate the Ravens down linemen. I think Hiloti Ngata gets pushed about 5 yards downfield. Those cocky Ravens fans should check that video out and explain what their D will do about that. Bring linbackers and or safety up? Carson will read it and check down to a pass. Pretty impressive video there.

This is where the credit should go for benson running roughshod over the first 7 teams of the year. Jeremi is there on some plays but it is this line, with these alignments and formations. This is impossible to stop.

I think it will be worse for the Ravens this go-round. Carson is throwing better, they have excluded Coates from catching the ball, and Benson has had a week to recharge. yikes.

I posted at the Ravens board a 30-27 bengals win. It could also easily be 41 - 10.

I remember watching the first game thinking the Bengals are going to lose this game even though they dominated the game. A Carson pick 6, missed FG, missed XP?, Chad fumble, etc. They played a very good game, just didn't light up the score board enough.

I am not overlooking the Ravens, but I am just not impressed. Flacco may be good, but he isn't as good as he is being portrayed. In the NFL it is all about matchups. I like the Bengals matchup against the Ravens. They don't have the type of receiving corps that the Texans had that dominated the Bengals. They don't have Andre Johnson. The Bengals corners are able to cover the Ravens WR's. The only player on the Ravens O that scares me is Ray Rice.

I look for this to be a hard hitting football game and if the Bengals don't give up any defensive TD's or special teams TD's I think they win this game. With the Ravens its all about how their D turns int's and fumbles into points. If the Bengals are able to avoid that, they should win this game.

I remember watching the first game thinking the Bengals are going to lose this game even though they dominated the game. A Carson pick 6, missed FG, missed XP?, Chad fumble, etc. They played a very good game, just didn't light up the score board enough.

I am not overlooking the Ravens, but I am just not impressed. Flacco may be good, but he isn't as good as he is being portrayed. In the NFL it is all about matchups. I like the Bengals matchup against the Ravens. They don't have the type of receiving corps that the Texans had that dominated the Bengals. They don't have Andre Johnson. The Bengals corners are able to cover the Ravens WR's. The only player on the Ravens O that scares me is Ray Rice.

I look for this to be a hard hitting football game and if the Bengals don't give up any defensive TD's or special teams TD's I think they win this game. With the Ravens its all about how their D turns int's and fumbles into points. If the Bengals are able to avoid that, they should win this game.

I think you can add the next game right in here to, Pit plays a similar Defensive leaning game.

Not to nitpick, but they actually swept us last year. I have a feeling they still think it's last year in Baltimore, for both teams.

No, you're right. They whipped the sh*t out of us. I think subconsciously I was trying to forget 2008.

I think you can add the next game right in here to, Pit plays a similar Defensive leaning game.

I am looking forward to the Bengals D creating and capitalizing on some turnovers as well. Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren't the only ones that can do that.

i have a feeling that the bengals will make the ravens look bad this game. If they manage the pass chemistry from the bears game i dont see the ravens in this one. Their scoreboard last time we played was a pick 6 and missed tackles on a 50 yd short pass to ray rice. We shud have had a touchdown on the henry pass (we settled for a field goal) and possibly a score be4 the half where chad fumbled.not to mention a botched fieldgoal. We moved the ball pretty easy on them at their home and the jungle should be roaring this sunday. the only guy im worried about is todd heap. hall and joseph shud shut mason and clayton down. As long as the defense doesnt play like it did against the texans and the offense doesnt turn over the ball, bengals win this game solid.

Our media "insiders" sure are pu**ies when it comes to radio spots in Baltimore for sportstalk shows. Before the last game, Lapham came on a local show and said it was hard to foresee a Bengals win. Douchy. Now, on the way home, I caught Hobson on 1570, and Hobson was asked if this was the most important home game in Cincy since the playoff game in 2005. I was thinking, "f**k no" would be the correct answer, but Hobson bent over and said, "gosh yes, it sure is", or something to that effect. Good lord. Nothing like that to further up the egos of the local populace. And, Geoff, off-hand, that home game to end the 2006 season was easily more important. As, I would submit, was that home game to Pittsburgh a few weeks back this year. And how about the pre-seaosn game in 2006 where Carson made his return? That was likley more important. Etc. etc. At any rate, Hobson choked.

As for the drive home, not as much next game chatter, so I was spared some of the obnoxiousness of the drive in this morning...

Wow so nobody is worried about the Bengals coming out Flat off the bye week, like they have every year since Marvin has been here. Im not saying the Bengals will, but i think this game will be tough im also not saying the Bengals will win or lose because im not sure yet. Just seems like everyone on here so confindent that this team is going to kick the ravens a**. I wish i had this much confindent, if the offense comes out like it did against the Bears, and the defense plays like it did against the Bears, and the last ravens game, then i think the Bengals will take this game. I think it depends on how they come out after the bye week, and every year it seems they come out not ready to play, and i hope this year is different. Im happy to see most fans so confident, i just wish i was, but i guess in someways this game kind of scares me because of the bye.

The ravens did look very good last week, i think there fans have a right to be excited about that game, but Orton looked so scared in that game, and we have Palmer who has faced this defense a bunch. Lets hope Ced brings it again, not sure if he will get his 100 yards or not, but they need to give him the ball over 20 times this game i think to be successful, the Bengals recored is really good when he touches it more then 20 times a game.

Wow so nobody is worried about the Bengals coming out Flat off the bye week, like they have every year since Marvin has been here.

Actually, I am. But predicting how the Bengals offense will play after the break is anyones guess. Do they keep the just discovered timing from the Bear game? Or do they regress?

Regardless, I think it will be a far closer game than the Bronco/Raven tilt....if for no other reason than the Bengals desire to run the ball.