Brian Leonard

jjakq27

Let's give it up for his hustle and effort on the 4th down play. Good hands, good awareness and great effort kept that game alive for us. I like DeDe Dorsey and who knows what he would have done in that situation but Leonard is a gamer and a self-less player. Nice to have guys like that around.

His postgame quotes jumped out at me a little.

Q: What was your presence of mind to not only catch the ball, but turn and get those extra yards?“I knew it was on my back hip, so I didn’t think I’d get the touchdown. I just tried my hardest to get those extra few yards, and I did.”

To me, this is a glimpse of what is finally right with this team. The guy's first thought is about the endzone. I guess, in that situation, when he caught that ball, as the checkdown guy, I was thinking about the first down only -- and was thrilled at his effort to get it! But here he is after the game revealing where his mind was at that moment: winning. I love that our players heads really seem to be in the right place. If only I could adjust my negative attitude as a fan and expect more out of our team as well... Well, I'm working on it. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

i didnt expect cicny to convert that 4th and 10 but when they did i was ecstatic!! leonard fights for every yard and thats why i like the guy. i thought that play was going to be an incompletion or once leonard had the ball it looked like he was going to be stopped short, great hustle and great effort, im still on cloud 9 from this win

(and yes I went for Leonard over Dede too because I'm wicked smart).

I didn't. I complained to my wife, "why are they keeping that white guy, if Dorsey can stay healthy, they'll have a game changer. White running back in the NFL? WTF?"

She's always impressed by my incisive anylysis of Bengals personnel matters.

Anyway, I was outsmarted by the Bengals personnel people, they kept the right guy and I was thrilled to see him contribute in such a meaningful way. As in, without his play, we lose the game. Brian Leonard, I salute you!

I didn't. I complained to my wife, "why are they keeping that white guy, if Dorsey can stay healthy, they'll have a game changer. White running back in the NFL? WTF?"

Anyway, I was outsmarted by the Bengals personnel people, they kept the right guy and I was thrilled to see him contribute in such a meaningful way. As in, without his play, we lose the game. Brian Leonard, I salute you!

You know they have the same information as everybody else...... ;)

I was very happy with this trade from day 1. just go back and check my post lol. i thought at the time we got a hell of a deal. i have watched this guy since he started getting pub on espn for leaping over people in college. the guy is just a hell of a football player, give him the ball and more than not, he will make a play. i would like to see even more of him, that was just a heads up great f**king play!! really i think the whole team and staff deserve a game ball. we bash these guys at the drop of a hat, so i will give credit when it's do. the coaching staff went in at the half made some actual adjustment's, that's 2 games now, and won the game while dominating the 4th.

I know right. What's next, black QBs? These are crazy times we live in. But yeah, Dede was similar to Scott plus he's as brittle as a wanker's dried tissue. He would most likely have dropped the pass in the first place. Surprised he didn't make any team's practice squad though. He'll be back in the NFL at some point.

Leonard's headiness in knowing where the stick was and the body control to stretch for it without letting his knee touch short (thereby making where to spot it a judgment call) was as smart a pure football play as I have seen from this team in an important situation in years. Took your breath away.

Leonard is really coming through as a good clutch 3rd down RB.

I wonder what Rams fans think of the highlights. I'm guessing their thoughts are, "We used him as a FB!?!"

Honestly, yeah. Why use him as a FB. His shoulder problems tell you he wasn't a FB. Sure, he's not lightening fast but dare I say it, he's as fast as many other situational RBs in this league. Not breakaway speed but quick enough and a smart player who can catch the ball out of the backfield. I guess, white men can jump.

Dede was similar to Scott plus he's as brittle as a wanker's dried tissue. He would most likely have dropped the pass in the first place. Surprised he didn't make any team's practice squad though. He'll be back in the NFL at some point.

Dede is not eligible to be on any team's practice squad. In fact he's long past being eligible. If you've spent a year on a team's 53 man roster you're not eligible for the practice squad

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

Dede was similar to Scott plus he's as brittle as a wanker's dried tissue. He would most likely have dropped the pass in the first place. Surprised he didn't make any team's practice squad though. He'll be back in the NFL at some point.

Dede is not eligible to be on any team's practice squad. In fact he's long past being eligible. If you've spent a year on a team's 53 man roster you're not eligible for the practice squad

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

OK then, that explains that. Thanks for the link SR.

This is why I was so ecstatic when we traded for him! We got him for nothing! Orien Harris, who I liked last year, but I don't think he's even on a team?!? I really liked him coming outta Rutgers, and I knew the Rams were retarded to put him at FB...I knew DeDe wasn't going to make the squad b/c he's not better than Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard brings the perfect skillset for our 3rd down back, big to pick up blitzers and great hands with superb athleticism!!! I agree I thought he would get tackled short of the first down, but the dude is a beast and wanted more!!! Love me some Brian Leonard!!!! :cheers:

Oh sure. All pre-season I wrote my little articles about how Leonard was going to make the team and Dorsey would end up on the outside, and I got bashed on here. "Leonard only had six yards against the Saints." "Dorsey's much faster." "Leonard won't be the third-down back, that'll be Scott." "Get rid of your picture already." (Sorry, digressed there on that last one.)

Anyway, with all that said, this is for you nay-sayers that are now conveniently in hiding:

"ALL BOW TO KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!"

BWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!!

My first thought upon seeing Leonard stretch for the 1st down?

This team finally boasts of a roster where the 53rd man isn't some project the coaching staff prays never sees any action, but rather....a bottom-of-the-roster player who can actually win you a football game.

Note: I admit I don't typically look for big picture moments during the most dramatic part of a football game, but in my defense...I was pretty high at that point.