When was the last time....

GapControl

How quickly we forget how bad the offense looked in week 1.

Perhaps last year lowered expectations. The Bengals aren't going to start 0-8... so it's a great start comparitively. :lol:

If the Bengals win next week, I'll forgive thee week 1 miscues and call it a great start.

Anyway... The Bearcats have looked good, and I'm sure Tressel is glad he didn't schedule them this year.

Yea i think ill just wait to say the bengals are looking great, they had a great win maybe to help boost there confindence up, but im not calling this a great start just yet. I do like how they bounced back yesterday from last week, and from the miscus in the game they were playing they was great to see, usually they would just lower there heads and quit. So ill wait and see what happens for alittle before i really can tell who this team is.

It was a relief just to have the national morning shows on this morning and not have to cringe and avoid "bungles" talk. Steve Czaben on foxsportsradio was very complimentary of the win. I don't know what Mike & Mike might have said about it because Greenburg wouldn't shut up about the Jets, but at least there they should not have been able to slag on the Bengals for a change.

Winning helps a lot.

It was a relief just to have the national morning shows on this morning and not have to cringe and avoid "bungles" talk. Steve Czaben on foxsportsradio was very complimentary of the win. I don't know what Mike & Mike might have said about it because Greenburg wouldn't shut up about the Jets, but at least there they should not have been able to slag on the Bengals for a change.

Winning helps a lot.

Neither Mikes said much about the Bengals. Just that it was the biggest surprise about week 2.

They didn't say anything particularly complimentary or negative. But it was clear they expected the Bengals to get steamrolled... just like Vegas and everyone else. I think the Bengals had a chip on their shoulder. Hopefully it stays there for at least one more week!

See, I just don't see it as a suprise at all. While I wouldn't have been suprised by a loss either, this shouldn't suprise anyone.

This Bengals team isn't as bad as that one fluke play made them out to be. Still not saying they are going to the playoffs, but you get my point.

Preachin' to the choir brother. Something is definitely different with this year's team....for the better.

Winning helps a lot.

Greenie said that the Bengals were the biggest surprise of the day.

Winning helps a lot.

Greenie said that the Bengals were the biggest surprise of the day.

I love the nitwit Bears guys on espn Chicago. Listening on my way home, one of the asked if Cincy's win in GB changes things (in other words, their assumption of a win) against Cincy this season. The answer? Of course not! This loss was all on the Pack, you see, who are a good team (because they beat the Bears last week, of course) but who "went to sleep" after a big emotional division win. :rolleyes:

These are the same dopes who flatly proclaimed last Friday that Cincinnati had no chance, Cedric Benson stunk, blah blah blah.

See, I just don't see it as a suprise at all. While I wouldn't have been suprised by a loss either, this shouldn't suprise anyone.

This Bengals team isn't as bad as that one fluke play made them out to be. Still not saying they are going to the playoffs, but you get my point.

Well exactly. This was the cause of my ire about week 1. The O stank up the joint and we still could have won it. The O even finds a shadow of it's self of a few yrs back and we'll win our share. Still issues of course, hell even SB contenders have their issues, but we are not a bad team.

Neither Mikes said much about the Bengals.

On Sirius Solomon Wilcots and Marty Schottenheimer lead into their show with a recitation of the games they would be talking about. They listed about ten games, no mention of the Bengals game.

Then during the show as they ruminated about various topics, they somehow stumbled across the Packers loss. And that's what it was to them, a loss by the Packers. They said the Packers had a lot of work to do on their o-line, and Schottenheimer said Aaron Rodgers was not very mobile and really needs to be protected (I disagree, I thought he was highly mobile, though I watch Carson a lot).

It will take several wins like this to wake up the national media. It is not a stretch to say the Bengals are the most hated and scorned franchise in sports right now. We can turn it around this year.

Now my 4th grade daughter would like to pick an icon to end this post.

It will take several wins like this to wake up the national media.

Yup. I will bet you a dozen doughnuts that, if the Bengals win this weekend, all the talk will be about how the Steelers have a "super bowl hangover."

BINGO.

you are dead on.

I would just love a 20 point shelling. wouldn't that be a rare treat? something like a 37-17 victory by the bengals. now that would catch the media's attention and they'd almost have to put the spin favorble to the bengals as opposed to the "hangover". I'm sure it won't happen though, not in this life.

I'd be very surprised by a bengals win this week actually. I'd love to be proven wrong.

2005 taught me never to count out the steelers.

It will take several wins like this to wake up the national media.

Yup. I will bet you a dozen doughnuts that, if the Bengals win this weekend, all the talk will be about how the Steelers have a "super bowl hangover."

i think it'd be a combination. i guess it depends on the nature of the game, but wins in lambeau and against the steelers would get people talkin.

people shouldn't take us seriously yet; we have been a miserable franchise for a long time. if we want any kind of respect, we gotta earn it..and that means winning some ballgames.