OK, I'm Confused

HoosierCat

Just a week or so ago we were so stacked on the d-line that Jason Shirley had to move to offensive line in order to have any hope of making the team.

Now, we're so depleted on the d-line we have to re-sign Langston Moore?????

We're regressing with every move Mike makes. C'mon man!!

This is another one of your "themes", Hoosier.

You have to be creative when managing a roster like this. That's why a keen GM like Mikey knows that the answer is to look at surpluses at other positions to fill the hole that now exists on the DL.

A surplus at FB, for instance. That's why your new plugger DT is...you know it...

Jeremi Johnson!

I think the easy answer is that that the coaching staff didn't think Shirley had the right mentality to work as a DT, so they are trying to salvage the pick by moving him to OG. I see the Moore signing as just something to get them through the preseason with enough bodies because they have some guys with minor dings. Not much to it really.

i always liked langston moore, but it does make you wonder what's going on.

shirley better equipped to play OL? one or more of the four DTs banged up? wanting to keep guys fresh? or simply instilling more competition (which we bengals fans aren't used to seeing)?

makes you wonder...i like the moore signing- can only hope it's only to keep peko, sims, tank, clint fresh and supply competition..

I think the easy answer is that that the coaching staff didn't think Shirley had the right mentality to work as a DT, so they are trying to salvage the pick by moving him to OG. I see the Moore signing as just something to get them through the preseason with enough bodies because they have some guys with minor dings. Not much to it really.

My reaction as well.

My reaction as well.

They signed another DE/DT today, rookie from UK.