Jeff Rowe Movin' on Up

HoosierCat

To tell you the truth, this kind of suprised me. When the suprise started was when he was cut in favor of Jordan. I really thought Rowe was going to stick and develop. Oh well, add QB to the draft list in the later rounds or pick up someone in FA. I mean with Fitznuttrick being a FA as well...

My thoughts exactly. Rowe certainly has some physical tools, and I thought they were grooming him to be a long term backup to Carson. I still have not read anything from the coaches or the front office that rebuts my original opinion - that Jordan Palmer was signed (and Rowe cut) as a as a way to stroke Carson and keep him content. Becuase if he goes off the reservation, Mike Brown won't have much left to cling to. I mean, right now, Carson's it for him. Look at the one thing he threw in our faces in his interview, it was pretty much Carson, Carson, Carson.

To tell you the truth, this kind of suprised me. When the suprise started was when he was cut in favor of Jordan. I really thought Rowe was going to stick and develop. Oh well, add QB to the draft list in the later rounds or pick up someone in FA. I mean with Fitznuttrick being a FA as well...

My thoughts exactly. Rowe certainly has some physical tools, and I thought they were grooming him to be a long term backup to Carson. I still have not read anything from the coaches or the front office that rebuts my original opinion - that Jordan Palmer was signed (and Rowe cut) as a as a way to stroke Carson and keep him content. Becuase if he goes off the reservation, Mike Brown won't have much left to cling to. I mean, right now, Carson's it for him. Look at the one thing he threw in our faces in his interview, it was pretty much Carson, Carson, Carson.

I recognize this! It's the "All Eggs In One Basket" plan. 34_48a7d9c30c1de.jpg

I recognize this! It's the "All Eggs In One Basket" plan. 34_48a7d9c30c1de.jpg

Baskets represent administrative overhead, so down at the sycophant farm it's a "All Eggs In One Haphazard Clutch On The Floor" plan.

It's like the other guy we drafted and then went on to play elsewhere Casey or whatever his name was. Big guy, big arm, needing to be developed and then let go. Don't get me wrong, it's not the biggest of losses, but it ensures that the backup position continues to be an issues that needs to be addressed. Just draft someone and stick with them to develope. Anyway, who do we look to draft or pick up to handle this problem now ?? Please don't say Nutzpatrick either...

It's like the other guy we drafted and then went on to play elsewhere Casey or whatever his name was. Big guy, big arm, needing to be developed and then let go. Don't get me wrong, it's not the biggest of losses, but it ensures that the backup position continues to be an issues that needs to be addressed. Just draft someone and stick with them to develope. Anyway, who do we look to draft or pick up to handle this problem now ?? Please don't say Nutzpatrick either...

Casey Bramlet is who you're thinking about. NFLEuropa player extrordanaire.

Anyway, who do we look to draft or pick up to handle this problem now ?? Please don't say Nutzpatrick either...

I have no problem with Fitz. He's not the issue and hasn't been all year. In fact, we saw again yesterday what we saw a few weeks ago against Jacksonville: when the rest of the offense bothers to show up, we can win with Fitz under center. When the line and running game go AWOL, as they have done for most of the year, even having Palmer in there isn't much help.

Fitz has proven serviceable at times, but even when he has had to to make passes, he tends to sail them and not be very accurate in the long ball. I will give him some slack in regards to the o-line play though... I just don't think he sees things very well, gets the ball knocked down alot, and while I love his mobility, think he looks to run more than pass. Once again, maybe the o-line play has more to do with that when you getting smashed week in and week out...

Just to be clear, I don't think Fitz is anything special. Certainly no team is going to come running after him with a starting job come March. But from my seat, I see too many problem spots on this team to waste a draft pick on a backup QB project, and no free agent QB worth a damn is going to want to sign on here with Palmer and his $100 million paycheck firmly ensconced behind center. Which is why they drafted Rowe, of course, a move I approved of even though it hasn't worked out. But again, with all the holes we have, I would be happy to see them resign Ryan to a backup deal.

The one intriguing thought is Kitna. I think his starting days are just about done, and at 36 he may be ready to call it a career after washing out in Detroit, but he knows the system and is better than Fitz. The Bengals could do worse than getting him to come back and hold a clipboard for a couple years.