The Very Real Chance to go 0-16

membengal

For those who hate Mike Brown, you know who you are, it would be karmic justice to drop the first ever 0-16 season on the league under his watch. Hell, even for those like me who don't hate him, per se, but recognize just how f**kawful an owner he is, you have to think it would be just desserts.

At any rate, with Palmer likely done for the year, Rivers done for the year, a line playing like a sieve, and assorted other problems, not to mention a brutal schedule, we have a real shot at reverse immortality.

By my reckoning, there are two "danger" games on the schedule that give the Bengals a chance to trip up and win.

Home against Baltimore, and the season finale home game against the Chiefs. One might argue that at Texans is a third shot at a win, but I don't think the Bengals are near good enough to hang with Houston at this point.

So, that's it. Two games between the franchise and a distinction that would be well earned.

I like their chances of making history.

Thought it was interesting and f*cking pathetic all at the same time when they showed a stat of teams that have started the season 0-6 the most.

Well, the Bengals hold that distinction with 8. Yes, f*cking EIGHT !!! The next closest ?? Can't remember the team, but the number was 4...

Still loving Mike Brown ?? Go ahead and keep blaming the players and coaches all you want, this is HIS franchise and ultimately responsible.

Another week, another chance to say, F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

Thought it was interesting and f*cking pathetic all at the same time when they showed a stat of teams that have started the season 0-6 the most.

Well, the Bengals hold that distinction with 8. Yes, f*cking EIGHT !!! The next closest ?? Can't remember the team, but the number was 4...

Still loving Mike Brown ?? Go ahead and keep blaming the players and coaches all you want, this is HIS franchise and ultimately responsible.

Another week, another chance to say, F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

I saw that stat also, it was 4 other teams tied for 2nd with 4, 0-6 starts, but the Bengals of course lead the way with 8...I don't know if i am ready to go down in infamy with an 0-16 record at least get 1 win...

Let the battle with Detroit for the 1st Overall Pick in the Draft begin.

Does anyone remember those mondays and tuesdays when you couldn't wait to turn on sportcenter, PTI, Around the Horn, etc., etc. just so you could watch the highlights and here the discussion of a Bengal victory?

Anyone remember?

No one?

Boy do I miss those days...

Well there was one year where I remember this happening, but that's it since 1991, literally, so my memory is very foggy.

Does anyone remember those mondays and tuesdays when you couldn't wait to turn on sportcenter, PTI, Around the Horn, etc., etc. just so you could watch the highlights and here the discussion of a Bengal victory?

Anyone remember?

No one?

Boy do I miss those days...

you know it's funny that someone has said this, because i can't stand to watch any football highlights, NFL network. NFL live, nothing we have no highlights, except those in which the other teams have killed our QB or our LB...

Yea i quite watching highlights and i cant even get excited about pro football this year, in fact i really dont care about this team anymore this year. They need to start playin some rookies so they can see what they have in them, esp. Anthony Collins, but who cares they do what they want.

Home against Baltimore, and the season finale home game against the Chiefs. One might argue that at Texans is a third shot at a win, but I don't think the Bengals are near good enough to hang with Houston at this point.

So, that's it. Two games between the franchise and a distinction that would be well earned.

I think you underestimate the Texans and their uncanny knack to lose games in the most hilarious fashion (See: Rosencopter highlights from a few weeks back). The strength of the Bengals is the deep ball to either Housh or CJ, and that perfectly coincides with the Texans biggest weakness, their secondary. The next thing that a lot of teams are able to do, is apply pressure to the Bengal QB. Now outside of Mario Williams, who is a beast, there's not really anybody who is worth his weight in any sort of currency at sacking the QB.

And some history, the last time the Texans played the Bengals and the Bengals were sporting their usual 0'fer record, the Texans handed them their 1st win. Also, Ryan Fitzpatrick (HARVARD QB SON) took our defense to school last time he played us.

This is a very winnable game for the Bengals, don't sell yourselves short.

I think you underestimate the Texans and their uncanny knack to lose games in the most hilarious fashion (See: Rosencopter highlights from a few weeks back). The strength of the Bengals is the deep ball to either Housh or CJ, and that perfectly coincides with the Texans biggest weakness, their secondary. The next thing that a lot of teams are able to do, is apply pressure to the Bengal QB. Now outside of Mario Williams, who is a beast, there's not really anybody who is worth his weight in any sort of currency at sacking the QB.

And some history, the last time the Texans played the Bengals and the Bengals were sporting their usual 0'fer record, the Texans handed them their 1st win. Also, Ryan Fitzpatrick (HARVARD QB SON) took our defense to school last time he played us.

This is a very winnable game for the Bengals, don't sell yourselves short.

I actually agree with the above. There's no denying that the Bengals suck and that the Texans are not quite the doormat this season that they have been at times in the past. That said, I do think that this is one of the few times the matchups could be at least balanced this entire season. This will be the worst defense the Bengals have faced, is not a good pressure defense, and the 3rd straight start for Fitz. We will still struggle, but I think we could get some help from the Texans and win this game. In fact, I think we do win this game. I know, so the hell what...but I'd rather win than lose.

Guys it sholdn't hurt watching highlights cause were never on them. The only time i've seen a highlight of a game was when they made fun of when we played the Browns and they made fun of both our teams. it was actually pretty funny on the fastest 3 minutes.