End of season

combatbengal

I brought this up at the end of last season and most of the people on this forum criticized me. But, I’m going to bring it up again. Bottom line, our season is over! If anybody thinks that we’re going to turn this around has to be smoking some funny stuff that isn’t manufactured in the US. Palmer is injured and we have no idea when he’ll be back. Our backup sucks! The o-line isn’t getting any better. ETC, ETC, ETC. So, I am not suggesting that we throw games to get a better draft pick, but it’s looking like we may have a shot at a top five pick, if not the number one selection, the way we’re headed. To be honest, I don’t see anybody left on our schedule that we can beat. We might squeeze out a win against the Browns (next time we meet), and maybe beat the Chiefs, but that’s it.

The question is, what position do we draft? Thanks to our awesome management, we lost Rudi and have no running game now. How many times has Perry fumbled again? We may lose TJ to FA. Chad may go on another tantrum. Then there is the Def. So, the question is out there? Do we trade our top five pick for more picks, or take a so called impact player?

Definiatly need to look at offense this year in the drat, running back, o-line help, i still want the defense to play the year out and play hard to we can see exatly what they are i really dont think there that bad, they just have to play all 4 qts so we can see exactly what they have out there.

Trade it for as many picks as we can get. And that's if we can find someone willing to give us picks for it. The next draft will be one of the last, if not the last, before the NFL implements a rookie pay schedule. (This is assuming they don't make a deal before the next draft). Picks in the top ten in the spring 2009 draft are not coveted by teams right now.

First off, even if Rudi were here, we would still have no running game. I'd still take Perry over Rudi.

Wrong. Rudi has the bulk to run between the tackles. Perry doesn't.

You're kidding, right? Rudi's listed at 225 and Perry's listed at 224. Perry's faster, more agile, and can catch better. Rudi's got good numbers this year cause his offensive line is blocking for him. Perry's isn't.

Offensive tackle. With a bullet. Picking where they are going to pick (top 3), they should be able to get a perennial all-pro threat.

I go with monster center. Same song, different verse really.

Too high for a C in the top 3. Can probably get best C on the board to start the 2nd round. Which would be advisable.

Will also be hard to turn away from a legit rush LB if there is a monster there at the top of the draft.

Jeebus but this team needs help in a lot of areas.