Official Bengals @ Giants Game Thread.

BengalszoneBilly

I said it earlier.....I'll sa it again.....no one was more down on this team coming outta preseason than I.......this was (and i care not what the rest of you say) a QUALITY GAME against a TOP OPPONNENT and even in a loss, I am prud again to be a Bengals fan, and have regained some hope for the season

Tell it like it is brother, my sentiments exactly!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great effort Bengals. You actually came to play today on the ROAD no less! I suddenly don't feel so down about the season. :)

Here's why I can't echo the upbeat sentiments. If Levi Jones ever plays another freaking down in Stripes, you know this team has no long term chance of changing and competing. It'll be evident of a mindset by Lewis and SoP. And guess what? He'll start next week.

I said it earlier.....I'll sa it again.....no one was more down on this team coming outta preseason than I.......this was (and i care not what the rest of you say) a QUALITY GAME against a TOP OPPONNENT and even in a loss, I am prud again to be a Bengals fan, and have regained some hope for the season

It was an exciting game but so what? That is what we are calling a success now? An exciting game?

If we were 2-0 going into that game I would be a little happier with our performance.

I'm so sick of this...

Levi Jones needs to be arrested. He is impersonating an NFL offensive lineman. AND getting paid big$$$ for it.

Reggie Kelly sucks. he missed multiple blocks.

Dan Coats should even be on this team. He missed multiple blocks and can't catch the ball.

and then there is the defense..........Horrible. just horrible.

It was an exciting game but so what? That is what we are calling a success now? An exciting game?

If we were 2-0 going into that game I would be a little happier with our performance.

I'm so sick of this...

Would you rather watch a close game or being blown out 0-53? 0-3 fing sucks but if were gonna watch these games we might as well actually watch a "real" game.

I'm so sick of this...

Would you rather watch a close game or being blown out 0-53? 0-3 fing sucks but if were gonna watch these games we might as well actually watch a "real" game.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of Bengal players have that same attitude...

Two pretty weenie calls in overtime on first and second down, sealed their fate. Grow a pair, brat, or get some common sense.

Nice effort in general, at least.

Levi Jones is stealing money.

'No-Show' Jones is stealing money. That is a freaking crime.

The Bengals played their best game in 2008. By a long shot. I'll give the credit. TJ and Perry came through. Palmer looked more like his old self. But that defense could not last and the o-line giving up six sacks is insanely embarrassing.

I'm so sick of this...

I'm not sure which I'd rather watch. Games like this get me emotionally involved, just to dash me at the end. At least 0-53 gets me disconnected pretty early and there is no roller coaster. End result is the same.

I'm so sick of this...

I'm not sure which I'd rather watch. Games like this get me emotionally involved, just to dash me at the end. At least 0-53 gets me disconnected pretty early and there is no roller coaster. End result is the same.

Completely agree...

offense better but still needs better playcalls.

o-line giving up 6 sacks against maybe the best pass rush in football is sad. Levi needs to go. but, seriously, the Giants are very at getting to the QB. Run blocking was improved for sure.

D-line was ok, tooo many 7-12 yard runs. The giants run game is very good, so not a complete rout.

ST played Ok...

Look, all in all they made it a game and gave themselves a chance to win despite the sacks and untimely penalities. It sucks to lose but this team is better than I thought. They are not going to the playoffs but showed they do have some life, some pride and some heart. How they respond to this loss and being 0-3 will be interesting.

it is a bittersweet day for sure to lose in OT like this. This was a very winnable game. two/three better plays and this team is 2-1. hope springs eternal. too bad this spring is so near Fernald.

I watch expecting to be entertained and engaged.

The first two weeks were neither entertaining nor engaging, far from it.

If all you want is a "W" and nothing else matters, I suggest you skip watching the games and simply check the box scores in Monday's paper or watch the postgame summary shows.

I watch expecting to be entertained and engaged.

The first two weeks were neither entertaining nor engaging, far from it.

If all you want is a "W" and nothing else matters, I suggest you skip watching the games and simply check the box scores in Monday's paper or watch the postgame summary shows.

Gee...that sounded like a Marvin press conference sound bite. You learning from the master?

How about this one? If all I want is a "W", and I can't believe any true NFL fan saying "I'm ok losing as long as I'm f*cking entertained," then how about the Bengals give us one?!

And you know what? Pass this message on the SoP so you both learn it, this team goes 0-6 or 0-7, a lot of fans are going to do just what you suggest. Skip the games, skip the tv, because the games won't be worth watching.

Hey, I can't hate on them for this game (at least from the overtime, which is all I could see). Eli had to make two sick throws to get that field goal, which when you go back to last year, means that rabbit's foot stuck up his ass is about expired.

The one that killed me was the sack on the last overtime possession. Carson had to audible there, they were bringing the house.

If all you want is a "W" and nothing else matters...

If all i want is a "W" and nothing else matters...maybe I should be coaching the team. It seems the mindset of Lewis has gotten to you, too.

Guess what??? NOTHING ELSE DOES MATTER in the NFL.