What Cut Players Would you like to See the Bengals Sign?

kurgan74

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson is more of a S type and Poteat is TERRIBLE. I can remember the Bengals abusing him last year against the Jets. I would rather have Fernando Bryant or O'Neal back at a cheaper salary. With the Bengals only announcing 5 on the PS, I would suspect that they have some other moves planned up their sleaves and plan on adding Castille (and maybe even Jones) to the PS.

The Lions and Raiders both released some talented RB's. Rudi seems fairly replaceable given what is currently on the roster and what is available.

As for WR... what about Chad Jackson from New England? He couldn't make it in the top 3 for them because of their depth... and last year he had some injury issues, but he's had a productive pre-season. I saw a report that he may have been cut to make cap room to extend Welker. He should easily be good enough to be the Bengals #3 until Henry comes back.

I also wish there were some better LB's available, but the Patriots released a starter in Victor Hobson.

The Lions and Raiders both released some talented RB's. Rudi seems fairly replaceable given what is currently on the roster and what is available.

As for WR... what about Chad Jackson from New England? He couldn't make it in the top 3 for them because of their depth... and last year he had some injury issues, but he's had a productive pre-season. I saw a report that he may have been cut to make cap room to extend Welker. He should easily be good enough to be the Bengals #3 until Henry comes back.

I also wish there were some better LB's available, but the Patriots released a starter in Victor Hobson.

Rudi is visiting the Lions tonight.

Free agent Rudi Johnson is visiting the Lions on Sunday night, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

There isn't a more running back-needy team in the league. Johnson wouldn't be an obvious upgrade over Kevin Smith, but at least he'd give Detroit a proven power back. Johnson also shouldn't cost more than $1 million. Aug. 31 - 5:33 pm et

Rudi is visiting the Lions tonight.

Free agent Rudi Johnson is visiting the Lions on Sunday night, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

There isn't a more running back-needy team in the league. Johnson wouldn't be an obvious upgrade over Kevin Smith, but at least he'd give Detroit a proven power back. Johnson also shouldn't cost more than $1 million. Aug. 31 - 5:33 pm et

I hope he gets a job working with his former QB Kitna.

The $10 million saved by the Bengals' via these cuts would more than pay for the entire life time of maintaining and building an indoor practice facility.

Yet they do nothing.

This is why players don't come here, and the ones who aren't stuck here, want the hell out.

Keep deluding yourselves that this team is going to be good or that things are going to change, as long as the fans let Mike Brown get away with what he wants

yes we need a center, a 3rd corner, a beast of a strong side backer, another DT would be great...a young big stud not some old guy like adams, oh and fullback without weight issues.

I'll trade all of those ditty for someone who knows how to get to the opposing QB on a regular basis. I know I'm asking a lot, but hey...maybe Christmas will come early for me. :rolleyes:

Doug Datish C- Any Buckeye fan on the board knows about this guy. He is listed as a center but while at Ohio State he played every position on the line at some point or another. At 6'5" and 306lbs he is more a centers size but would fit well in the Bengals scheme of versatile OL.

Datish is garbage. Worse than Ghuciac by far. He was a decent versatile O-Lineman in college... but the only reason he was drafted at all was because of his versatility to play so many positions in a pinch. If he's your starter at any position on the line, it means you're in deep s**t. He has virtually no defense for a power move from a decent NT in the NFL... and in the AFC North - that would spell doom for Carson Palmer.

Yeah... Ghuciac has similar problems, but Datish would make him look like a pro-bowler. The guy has never played a snap in the NFL. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Doug Datish C- Any Buckeye fan on the board knows about this guy. He is listed as a center but while at Ohio State he played every position on the line at some point or another. At 6'5" and 306lbs he is more a centers size but would fit well in the Bengals scheme of versatile OL.

Datish is garbage. Worse than Ghuciac by far. He was a decent versatile O-Lineman in college... but the only reason he was drafted at all was because of his versatility to play so many positions in a pinch. If he's your starter at any position on the line, it means you're in deep s**t. He has virtually no defense for a power move from a decent NT in the NFL... and in the AFC North - that would spell doom for Carson Palmer.

Yeah... Ghuciac has similar problems, but Datish would make him look like a pro-bowler. The guy has never played a snap in the NFL. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Well I didn't say Datish was a cure all, I simply stated that his versatility fits well with what the Bengals expect out of a back up lineman. Need I remind you though, that before joining the Bengals and becoming one of their most beloved centers of all-time, Richie Braham hardly played for the Cardinals and was cut by them. If you look a little further down in my post you will see that the guy I want the Bengals to pick up most of all as a center is Dan Mozes.

Just saw the Pats relesed John Lynch and WR Chad Jackson today not saying we should pick them up but wow Lynch didnt last long there.

According to PFT, the plan may be to sign him after week 2, at which point his salary wouldn't be guaranteed. This might be a 'wink and a nod' thing.

I'm not interested in Lynch, since S seems to be one of our strong spots now. Would have been nice to have any of our 6 safeties a couple of years ago when not having anyone better than Ohellimtoast cost us a playoff appearance.