Odell Thurman Reinstated

HoosierCat

I got it straight from Bengals Media Relations. Welcome back, Odell. Just in a nick of time.

Thing is, can you count on him this year? It'd still not stop me from drafting an LB if he was best player available and significantly above another player of need.

If he can play and stay on the field, I like the competition at LB this year with Jeanty, Brooks, Odell, Henderson and Dhani. If the draft turns out that they take a DE in round 1, then they can put Geathers in the mix too at LB from time to time.

Odell seems to have a more manageable problem than Henry, lots of programs to curb alcohol addiction and Odell has shown a long term committment to sobriety. Unlike Henry who had alcohol addiction plus a violent temper that he couldn't control.

Am I the only one that feels a fresh wind blowing? We get an established pro at D Coordinator, sign Utecht, now we get Odell back.

What next? Gettting Irons and/or C. Perry back healthy (or cutting bait)? Maybe trading Chad to a perpetual basement dweller so the wound can heal?

Color me optimistic.

Odell gets the news and goes out tonight to celebrate. He gets absolutely hammered and tries to drive home. Gets pulled over by the police. DUI.

Life as a Bengal.

All joking aside, this is GREAT news.

Welcome back Odell.

He's done a good job keeping out of trouble compared to chris henry.

Hopefully he can keep it up for the next 10 years.

Thing is, can you count on him this year? It'd still not stop me from drafting an LB if he was best player available and significantly above another player of need.

Even if we get Odell starts week 1 we should still be looking at Linebackers high,I'd take Keith Rivers at 9 if Ellis and Dorsey were gone.

Thing is, can you count on him this year?

That remains to be seen. I've gotten the impression throughout the whole Odell saga that Thurman was beyond deep in Marvin's doghouse. That it was more like Marvin never wanted to see him in the locker room again. So I think he's far from assured of making the final roster, even if no more off-field crap pops up.

But that said, he's still arguably the best LB on the team right now. And with Pollack's retirement looking more and more likely, and Ahmad's recovery from groin surgery going slowly, I think its tough to walk away from Odell even if you do draft a LB in the early rounds.

Thing is, can you count on him this year?

That remains to be seen. I've gotten the impression throughout the whole Odell saga that Thurman was beyond deep in Marvin's doghouse. That it was more like Marvin never wanted to see him in the locker room again. So I think he's far from assured of making the final roster, even if no more off-field crap pops up.

But that said, he's still arguably the best LB on the team right now. And with Pollack's retirement looking more and more likely, and Ahmad's recovery from groin surgery going slowly, I think its tough to walk away from Odell even if you do draft a LB in the early rounds.

I can see Chad's new strategy for forcing a trade. Bring in Cuervo Silver and place it in Odell's locker from time to time.

Hopefully, should that happen, Odell will polish the locker room floor with Ocho's gold grill.

Question, would it be worth it to Chad?

No jokes from me.

Glad to have him back, as its only fair, and I thought he got royally f**ked by Goodell last year. So, good luck to Odell, hope he is really straightened out, and that his life doesn't take any more detours.

Great news.

It seems as if he's gotten his act together, because we haven't heard from him since that alledged incident before last season. And his value on the field, if he gets there, can't be overestimated. I think we all forgot how damn good he was.

Welcome back Odell.

He's done a good job keeping out of trouble compared to chris henry.

Hopefully he can keep it up for the next 10 years.

Even if we get Odell starts week 1 we should still be looking at Linebackers high,I'd take Keith Rivers at 9 if Ellis and Dorsey were gone.

IF Dorsey, Ellis and Albert are gone then ill take Rivers, since Odell is an ILB not outside. We also do have a rediculous amount of back up LB's on this team now. We went from barely having 3 to having 23

Too much good news lately. hope it stays this way...

Draft another linebacker, and I can smell the 3-4 on the horizon..

If they take Rivers, this team will have atleast one play with a 3-4, with the amount of linebackers we have now its clearly what were going for, we also picke dup like 6 OLBs from Arizona lol.

Just to throw it out to any one doubting the possible 3-4:

Linebackers;

* 58 Darryl Blackstock OLB

* 55 Ahmad Brooks ILB

* 50 Eric Henderson OLB

* 93 Rashad Jeanty OLB

* 59 Brandon Johnson OLB

* 57 Dhani Jones OLB

* 95 Roy Manning OLB

* 50 Jim Maxwell OLB

* 51 Corey Mays OLB

* 99 David Pollack OLB

* 56 Anthony Schlegel ILB

* 51 Odell Thurman ILB

First off, welcome back Odell!!!! If he stays clean and works hard this could be an exciting LB crew!!! Will this effect the Pollack decision?? David wants to play DE and it looks like we have a plethora of LBs now so maybe we can tell him to gain his weight back and come play DE for us!!!

Linebackers;

* 55 Ahmad Brooks ILB

* 50 Eric Henderson OLB

* 93 Rashad Jeanty OLB

* 59 Brandon Johnson OLB

* 57 Dhani Jones OLB

* 95 Roy Manning OLB

* 50 Jim Maxwell OLB

* 51 Corey Mays OLB

* 99 David Pollack OLB

* 51 Odell Thurman ILB

And pure 3-4 DTs?

Anyone? Anyone?

As Lewis has said all along, I have no doubt that they'll go in and out of a 3-4 package from time to time, but don't count on it being the mainstay anytime soon.

Linebackers;

* 55 Ahmad Brooks ILB

* 50 Eric Henderson OLB

* 93 Rashad Jeanty OLB

* 59 Brandon Johnson OLB

* 57 Dhani Jones OLB

* 95 Roy Manning OLB

* 50 Jim Maxwell OLB

* 51 Corey Mays OLB

* 99 David Pollack OLB

* 51 Odell Thurman ILB

And pure 3-4 DTs?

Anyone? Anyone?

As Lewis has said all along, I have no doubt that they'll go in and out of a 3-4 package from time to time, but don't count on it being the mainstay anytime soon.

Exactly -- it's the line, not the LB's that would be a problem. You're not trying to suggest that we will carry 12 LB's into the season. Johnson?, Manning?, Maxwell?, Mays? (not to mention Pollack?) -- I'm doubtful that these guys will be there on opening day.