Antwan Odom to Visit Sunday

HoosierCat

Per Cutnutte...

In a related matter, the Bengals are apparently set on remaking their defensive line. While it appears that end Justin Smith will sign with the 49ers -- or the Vikings if he doesn't do a quick deal in San Francisco -- the Bengals will entertain a prized free agent Sunday in Tennessee Titans defensive end Antwan Odom.

Odom, a four-year veteran from Alabama, is a 274-pound defensive end who had a career-high eight sacks last season for the Titans. He is an unrestricted free agent. The visit with the Bengals will be his first.

Per Cutnutte...

In a related matter, the Bengals are apparently set on remaking their defensive line. While it appears that end Justin Smith will sign with the 49ers -- or the Vikings if he doesn't do a quick deal in San Francisco -- the Bengals will entertain a prized free agent Sunday in Tennessee Titans defensive end Antwan Odom.

Odom, a four-year veteran from Alabama, is a 274-pound defensive end who had a career-high eight sacks last season for the Titans. He is an unrestricted free agent. The visit with the Bengals will be his first.

Lock him in a storeroom until training camp starts

First Shaun Rogers and now we're entertaining Antwan Odom? Who is this team and what have they done with my cheap-ass Bengals?!?!

:lol:

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.... Anyways, if we sign Odom does this mean were going O-line or LB in the Draft?

First Shaun Rogers and now we're entertaining Antwan Odom? Who is this team and what have they done with my cheap-ass Bengals?!?!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.... Anyways, if we sign Odom does this mean were going O-line or LB in the Draft?

Maybe we trade down and get some of those picks back

Maybe we trade down and get some of those picks back

Or even a RB after all. I'd be in favour of trading down though.

If they sign Odom, what it does is give them more options. They can draft best player available or even trade if it dictates. I definitely think the Bengals are leaning more towards DE/LB in the draft at this point. I do think they are expecting a 3rd and 5th round comp pick...which allowed them to make the Rodgers trade.

I'm usually optimistic but this offseason I've just bashed and bashed the FO. I might as well continue because they're starting to make me look bad. I mean, shouldn't Odom be about 10 years older and coming off of injury?

If we got Odom (big if but lets imagine), our only NEED is at WLB (Keith Rivers, come on down). We obviously need depth at LB, S and OG pretty bad but I'm comfortable with Chinny and White starting.

Just for reference... Odom and Rogers had 15 sacks last year, 7 fewer than our entire team.

I may be making too much of this, but I'm sorta jacked to learn that Odom picked Cincy as his first stop.

It's good to be jacked up this time of year. It builds momentum for September... I just spoke to a former Bengals player in the media who said do not be surprised to see them draft one of the top RBs @ number 9.

B)B)B)B)B)B)

Well im still wondering what def are they really going for here 3-4 or 4-3 either way sign Odom and then i still think they should go after a LB like Pace which they wont do, but hell ill even take Clark Haggins.

Odom looks like a prototypical 4-3 DE; Rogers has played nose and DT. Basically, they appear to be looking for as much flexibility as possible -- which shouldn't be a surprise since Zimmer said he wants to run both, depending on need, and the key is to get smart players.

I may be making too much of this, but I'm sorta jacked to learn that Odom picked Cincy as his first stop.

It's good to be jacked up this time of year. It builds momentum for September... I just spoke to a former Bengals player in the media who said do not be surprised to see them draft one of the top RBs @ number 9.

B)B)B)B)B)B)

Please please Mendenhall or Stewart. I just don't like DMAC that much. Not personally of course, as a player.

Shut! Up!

Is it opposite day? Whether he ends up signing or not, it's encouraging to see us looking at options seriously. Maybe this blowing stuff up might actually happen.

It's gotta' be a leap year thing! B)

Hey! Maybe we'll try this "free agency thing' in another 4 years?

:lol: Poor Mikey's heart right now. It'll take four years for all of us to recover!

I just don't like DMAC that much. Not personally of course, as a player.

Agreed. The more you read and hear about this guy, the bigger the downside. His big December with the ladies in my opinion shows he is probably just too stupid to succeed in the NFL.

Doesn't seem the brightest bulb on the tree for sure. I just think the other two will be safer, surer picks at RB in the NFL. Sure, they most likely won't line up as QB or run as fast in their briefs but I just like the look of them more. As much potential upside as DMAC? Probably not. Less potential downsides as DMAC? Looks that way.

B)B)B)B)B)B)

I'm still not a fan of drafting ANOTHER freaking RB that early in the draft, but here's the rub. Free up the draft and I'll come around pretty quickly.

OK, we have officially entered the Bizarro Universe...Hobson...

With Williams gone, the Bengals set up a visit with Chargers free safety Marlon McCree for Sunday, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune. McCree, who turns 31 next month, has been on the Bengals' radar ever since his days at the University of Kentucky. He played every game for the Chargers when they made the playoffs the past two years.

Rogers...Odom...McCree...

Who is this team and what have they done with my Bengals??