Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should end all discussions about standing pat with the coaches and some of the players. It's time to rethink a lot of things. They need to be able to run the ball better because they cannot throw it on every play. They need to figure out a way to beat the Steelers. And they need to revamp their defensive philosphy such as blitzing more often and playing a little more press coverage.

Yet ANOTHER season without a winning record.

That's one out of the what, the last 17 folks? ONE winning f$$@ing season in the last 17 years, thanks Mike Brown for your wonderfully competitive product.

What a genius he is. Thank you for providing us with crappy, embarassing, mediocre at best, football year after year.

Yet ANOTHER season without a winning record.

That's one out of the what, the last 17 folks? ONE winning f$$@ing season in the last 17 years, thanks Mike Brown for your wonderfully competitive product.

What a genius he is. Thank you for providing us with crappy, embarassing, mediocre at best, football year after year.

Whatever happened to that lawsuit for not producing a competitive team after building a new stadium?

Why do we not show up in prime time games? Indy, NE, Jacksonville and now Pittsburgh have made us look so puny.

Madden is right. If you are going to be in the upper echelon then you have to perform during crunch time. That's players and coaches as well.

This game should end all discussions about standing pat with the coaches and some of the players. It's time to rethink a lot of things. They need to be able to run the ball better because they cannot throw it on every play. They need to figure out a way to beat the Steelers. And they need to revamp their defensive philosphy such as blitzing more often and playing a little more press coverage.

If his contract doesn't prohibit it, just cut Justin Smith tomorrow. Might as well save the money, any available free agent DE could do just as well for the league minimum. Having Smith on this team is pointless.

Why do we not show up in prime time games? Indy, NE, Jacksonville and now Pittsburgh have made us look so puny.

Madden is right. If you are going to be in the upper echelon then you have to perform during crunch time. That's players and coaches as well.

Of course Madden is right..he's always right. That's why he has his own videogame FOO!!

If his contract doesn't prohibit it, just cut Justin Smith tomorrow. Might as well save the money, any available free agent DE could do just as well for the league minimum. Having Smith on this team is pointless.

Sadly I agree. He just never panned out. I think it might be time to save some beans and move on. They have around $14M tied up in Geathers and I can't see wasting another $10 or $12M in Smith.

Yep, Chad didn't know it was fourth down. That makes the night complete.

Don't say that. He'll pout for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, if Chad had gotten that first down we would have won. :rolleyes:

TJ drops a pass in the end zone.

Dex gets flagged on a punt and gives them a first.

Carson throws high all night.

Hall gets flagged for a phantom penalty negating a safety.

But let's bust on Chad...it's all his fault.

Haters.

ALso I think Guy-check is not the answer.

I still like the Kenny Irons pick but I really wish we took RYan Khalil in the 2nd,Even if guy check worked out he could have been guard/center depth.

Haters.

Know what I hate? When the supposed best player on our team is absolutely no factor because he can't beat a defender and get open. And yes, I hate it when he can't even help us get a garbage-time score because his head is so far out of the game he doesn't even know what down it is.

ALso I think Guy-check is not the answer.

I still like the Kenny Irons pick but I really wish we took RYan Khalil in the 2nd,Even if guy check worked out he could have been guard/center depth.

Isn't Santucci from ND supposed to move from G to C? Does anyone know anything about his development?

I have to agree that Chad looked like all the praise heaped upon him last week was for not. How many times did the ball hit him in the hands tonight ?? How do you not know what down it is and then b*tch about it afterwards (regardless if it helps or not) ?? He looked to lack the focus and determination that you would expect from your Pro-Bowl WR tonight. Watching Chad react the way he did when a ball was overthrown or things didn't go the way he would have liked, was ridiculous. Did he give any thought that Carson was getting his asspiece handed to him by the pass rush ?? I'm getting sick of hearing how he reacts this way because, "He wants to win so bad"... If he wants to win so bad, be a professional and do what the hell you are suppose to do. If it doesn't go your way, go back to the huddle and try it again.

QB's are told they need to have a short memory when it comes to a bad play or when things don't go their way. Why should it be any different for Chad ?? I'm really about fed up with him. I think he's a huge part of this offense, but I think he should be doing FAR more and SHUT THE F*CK UP !!!

WHODEY !!!

I have to agree that Chad looked like all the praise heaped upon him last week was for not. How many times did the ball hit him in the hands tonight ?? How do you not know what down it is and then b*tch about it afterwards (regardless if it helps or not) ?? He looked to lack the focus and determination that you would expect from your Pro-Bowl WR tonight. Watching Chad react the way he did when a ball was overthrown or things didn't go the way he would have liked, was ridiculous. Did he give any thought that Carson was getting his asspiece handed to him by the pass rush ?? I'm getting sick of hearing how he reacts this way because, "He wants to win so bad"... If he wants to win so bad, be a professional and do what the hell you are suppose to do. If it doesn't go your way, go back to the huddle and try it again.

QB's are told they need to have a short memory when it comes to a bad play or when things don't go their way. Why should it be any different for Chad ?? I'm really about fed up with him. I think he's a huge part of this offense, but I think he should be doing FAR more and SHUT THE F*CK UP !!!

WHODEY !!!

I don't know what game you were watching. I didn't see Chad drop any balls. I did see Carson overthrow him again and again. I didn't see Chad acting out. I did see TJ and carson yelling at each other on the bench. But it's all Chad's fault. Of course. :rolleyes: