Chad - vow of silence

ShulaSteakhouse

Just in case anyone hadn't heard, Chad said that he is not talking to the media for the rest of the season, as he's still upset over the criticism he received a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure how we'll get by, but we will, somehow.

I kind of want to tell him to get over it, but I do like the initiative of silence.

I kind of want to tell him to get over it, but I do like the initiative of silence.

As do I. Concentrate on getting the team some "W's" in the win column. Once that starts happening with regularity, begin the celebrations with us.

so can chad do anything right for you guys?

No s**t. All you guys are weak.

I understand where everyone is coming from with the pouting thing, but let's cut Chad a break, eh? You guys have been saying all along that you wish he'd quit running his mouth. Well, now you've got your wish. It sounds to me like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Did Ocho Cinco give a press conference to say he wasn't going to talk to the media, what's next a press conference in which he answers every question with "no comment".

Chad over-exposed himself and now it's coming back in spades. I saw a piece that E:60 did on him and it was pretty good, he said he does what he does for his family, I can definitely respect that. However Mr. Johnson crossed the fine line between self-promotion and selfishness a few times. When you beg and plead for the spotlight to shine on you better be careful what you wish for.

If Chad just showed up caught some passes, BLOCKED some DB's, and was a good team player 99% of Bengals fans would be happy but Chad wouldn't have his endorsement deals. No one wants to hear a loser talk s**t, that's what this boils down to, plus Chad thinks the players in the league like his act when they really want to take his head off.

All week long, Buffalo safety Donte Whitner kept hearing it from his teammates.

"Please hit Chad Johnson," Whitner said he was told.

Da Link

Just in case anyone hadn't heard, Chad said that he is not talking to the media for the rest of the season, as he's still upset over the criticism he received a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure how we'll get by, but we will, somehow.

I agree. He doesn't really say much when he talks, but he has been treated poorly imo.

Keep making the ridiculous catches Chad. Now focus on the easy ones.

As far as i'm concerned, Chad cost them the game in Buffalo, and thus any hope of reaching the playoffs (what little was/is left).

For someone proclaiming to the world how great is and chewing up a significant portion (relatively speaking) of the salary cap, he needs come through when it counts, or shut the hell up and be a man about it.

Instead he just embarrasses the team, fans and himself by acting like a little girl on the field.

But I suppose it's the media's fault and now he's going to go pout in his room because they dared to criticize him.

Just sick of it and the flava flav routine - the less he says at this point the better. If he wants to prove how great he is - show us what you can do on Sundays (consistently) and quit telling us about it fool.

Right now he isn't even the best WR on the team, let alone in the game.

I understand where everyone is coming from with the pouting thing, but let's cut Chad a break, eh? You guys have been saying all along that you wish he'd quit running his mouth. Well, now you've got your wish. It sounds to me like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

That's just the thing, people have been cutting Chad a break for years. It's only when they stopped that he agreed to change, and only then after blaming others.

For the record, Chad claimed he would no longer talk to the local media when they refused to mention a medical condition they're well aware of as an excuse for his recent drops....which would be fair if the drops were caused by anything but an obvious lack of focus. He's also pissed about the press writing about how he's fathered 4 children by three different women, and how they've hounded him about his disgraceful role in the Funny Bones charity gone wrong fiasco, and the lawsuits that have followed.

In short, Chad's mad because the press is no longer looking the other way, and has put him under a spotlight that he can no longer control. Thus, the silent treatment.

In short, Chad's mad because the press is no longer looking the other way, and has put him under a spotlight that he can no longer control. Thus, the silent treatment.

Amazing. I wish I had the power of reading minds. :P

Amazing. I wish I had the power of reading minds. :P

You don't have to read minds.....just listen to what he's been saying.

Chad threatened weeks ago to stop talking to the local media when it refused to rush to his defense after he had dropped more balls than he caught over a critical three game period. For those who missed it, Chad claims the local press knows about a hand condition that will require a clean up surgery after this season, and blamed them for not mentioning it after he let pass after pass slip through his hands. (Props to the press for not buying the excuse.)

Shortly thereafter Chad was outraged once again when cornered by a televison reporter and asked questions about his role in the Funny Bones lawsuit. To the suprise of almost nobody Chad came off looking like a complete moron when explaining why he gave his girlfriend the Lexus that was supposed to be given away in a charity drawing.

And let's face it, he hasn't fared any better in any of his most recent dealings with the national press.

Our long national nightmare is over. Chad did an interview on Sirius with Adam Schein and Jim Miller about two hours ago.

He talked all about his injuries, and said it was the first year where he's played through a bunch of pain. The injuries he listed are as follows: swollen knee (that was his whole description of that one), left pec strained, right wrist strained, left shoulder "messed up", and both ankles in pain from bone chips.

Chad said the Bengals' head trainer is insisting that he have surgery to clean out both ankles immediately after the season. He said his plan earlier was to wait until after the pro bowl, but now the team is insisting that he have the surgery immediately after the season.

One of the interviewers asked Chad something like wow, this must be a real mental test to play through all these injuries. Rather than take the pat on the back, Chad said not really, because the team gives me Toradol before the game, so I really don't feel anything, and he mentioned Toradol by name three times. He said his left ankle has a lot of bone chips, his right ankle has a few that are in the process of breaking off.

At the end of the interview they asked him about some skin rash he has this week, but he wouldn't talk about it. All he said was, "I have no idea what's going on."

Also, after he mentioned the Pro Bowl, one of the interviewers asked him something like, hey, if you make the Pro Bowl are you going to have the surgery and not go to Hawaii? To his credit, Chad just changed the subject.

He talked all about his injuries, and said it was the first year where he's played through a bunch of pain. The injuries he listed are as follows: swollen knee (that was his whole description of that one), left pec strained, right wrist strained, left shoulder "messed up", and both ankles in pain from bone chips.

Injuries are only a valid excuse if you aren't named Chad Johnson. :rolleyes: